Verbal Agreement on Big 12 contract | The Boneyard

Verbal Agreement on Big 12 contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Let's see, B12 lost Nebraska, A&M, Colorado and Missouri and they got an increase in payout? Please someone explain to me how adding TCU and WVU got them those big dollars?​
This also means BE is in line for a huge payday.​

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Grant Of Rights

just wait until they add 2 of lville/cincy/byu, that gets them a ship game which will be worth $$ for everyone also. then add fsu/clem/gt/miami and now each team is getting like $25 to $28mil per and then throw in nd other sports and 4 fball games vs the b12 a year. b12 is now officially straight paid. but people here still claim that this confrence isnt stable.

Reaction Score
Grant Of Rights

just wait until they add 2 of lville/cincy/byu, that gets them a ship game which will be worth $$ for everyone also. then add fsu/clem/gt/miami and now each team is getting like $25 to $28mil per and then throw in nd other sports and 4 fball games vs the b12 a year. b12 is now officially straight paid. but people here still claim that this confrence isnt stable.

Grant of Rights would stabilize a conference. I believe the only major conferences without grant of rights right now are ACC, BE and the SEC.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Let's see, B12 lost Nebraska, A&M, Colorado and Missouri and they got an increase in payout? Please someone explain to me how adding TCU and WVU got them those big dollars?​
This also means BE is in line for a huge payday.​

The Big East won't live to see it. I wonder what kind of contract the New Yankee Conference will get?

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
I dunno, at this point if a network (say NBC) is willing to give the Big East $15-20M per team on condition of a grant of media rights, it kinda seems like it would be worth it.

Am I crazy to think this?...

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I dunno, at this point if a network (say NBC) is willing to give the Big East $15-20M per team on condition of a grant of media rights, it kinda seems like it would be worth it.

In a heartbeat. The board idiots who think UConn should hold out for an invitation from the Big 10 have no idea what they are talking about.

Reaction Score
Grant Of Rights

Why is half of the ACC going to pick up and move to Texas' conference ? I mean, REALLY.

Reaction Score
Why is half of the ACC going to pick up and move to Texas' conference ? I mean, REALLY.

Because people are crazy?

20 Million is impressive for a conference once on its death bed, but it speaks volumes as to the power of Texas and Oklahoma. Other that that, it's pretty much all floatsam and jetsam from a viewership standpoint.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
In a heartbeat. The board idiots who think UConn should hold out for an invitation from the Big 10 have no idea what they are talking about.
Speaking only for this idiot, I'm saying #WorkThePhones, but don't #HoldOut for the Big 10 , and at the same time #BegHarder to the ACC. And if that doesn't work, #FeignInterest in playing Memphis and SMU. But seriously... I expect Herbst to pursue every possibility right up till the nanosecond we have to sign the GOR document.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

they wouldn't. becuase to get to 16 they need 6 more schools and 1 of those 10 they have is a east coast school. so the money is great and they can add 6 eastern schools and have a eastern division which travel wise would be no better or worse then what the acc was. once a year in cross games you can make a trip to texas. i don't think thats so bad. if any combo of fsu/clem and 2 to 4 others go. that contract will be over $25mil per team. thats alot to pass on considering how bad the acc's is flopping right now. there at $20mil now. fsu and clem add 3mil value each. the csg adds 2mil each. thats 25mil. then find 2 to 4 more teams. crazy good $$ to pass up.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

They're not, but it's central to the madness here, so you'll have to just accept it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Crazy to think that is the offer and crazy to think that for example Louisville would sign it.... Yes

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Crazy to think that is the offer and crazy to think that for example Louisville would sign it.... Yes

Actually, if you were ever going to get Louisville to sign something like that, it would be right now. The hoops schools are in revolt, Boise and SDSU are preparing to walk, and Louisville is not on the expansion list for the ACC. Louisville is holding out hope that WVU can deliver them into the Big 12 when every single ACC school is beating down a path to the exits. A lot of ACC schools and BYU have to say no before Louisville gets an invitation. If that Big 12 invite doesn't come through, Louisville's athletic program is flattened without the Big East.

Of course the Big East will sit on its ass and hope for the best, like it always does. And Herbst will beg really, really hard to join a conference that is going to be a wasteland and is still locked into a terrible long-term contract.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Actually, if you were ever going to get Louisville to sign something like that, it would be right now. The hoops schools are in revolt, Boise and SDSU are preparing to walk, and Louisville is not on the expansion list for the ACC. Louisville is holding out hope that WVU can deliver them into the Big 12 when every single ACC school is beating down a path to the exits. A lot of ACC schools and BYU have to say no before Louisville gets an invitation. If that Big 12 invite doesn't come through, Louisville's athletic program is flattened without the Big East.

Of course the Big East will sit on its ass and hope for the best, like it always does. And Herbst will beg really, really hard to join a conference that is going to be a wasteland and is still locked into a terrible long-term contract.

And they still wouldn't. They are the first school off the boat. As long as Louisville waits the Big East will continue to exist. Their worst case is an all sports league with UConn, UC, RU, USF, UCF, SMU, Houston and Temple. None of those schools is going anywhere before Louisville does.

There is nothing to do but sit on their ass at this point. I understand that you finally realized what some of us knew years ago - the league is screwed and there is no course of action that can change it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
And they still wouldn't. They are the first school off the boat. As long as Louisville waits the Big East will continue to exist. Their worst case is an all sports league with UConn, UC, RU, USF, UCF, SMU, Houston and Temple. None of those schools is going anywhere before Louisville does.

There is nothing to do but sit on their ass at this point. I understand that you finally realized what some of us knew years ago - the league is screwed and there is no course of action that can change it.

List of schools ahead of Louisville on Big 12's list:

FSU
Clemson
BYU
Miami
UNC
VTech
UVa

Maybe:

Georgia Tech
Maryland

If 3 schools say yes and 6 schools say no, Louisville is kicking ass!!! Lets' say the ACC loses 4 schools, and adds 2. Louisville is cooked. Louisville can do all the math themselves. There are a lot of ways this can go wrong for them.

That said, I suspect none of the schools would sign one so what difference does it make? Schools like UConn prefer the option of a 1% chance of an OK outcome even if it brings a 99% chance of devastation.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
PAC 12 will be looking to add UNC and NCST. Then I hear the Ivy League, flush from their new deal with NBC, will lure Duke, Vandy and Northwestern. Big 12, not to be overshadowed will add FSU/Clemson/Miami/MD/UVA/VTech/Pitt/Cuse/BYU/Boise ST/Cinci and Louisville (just to spite nelsonmuntz) and will not just become the Big24 but will secede from the FBS and the NCAA and form their own coalition with their own all sports champions.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

FSU
Clemson
BYU
Miami
UNC
VTech
UVa

Maybe:

Georgia Tech
Maryland

If 3 schools say yes and 6 schools say no, Louisville is kicking ass!!! Lets' say the ACC loses 4 schools, and adds 2. Louisville is cooked. Louisville can do all the math themselves. There are a lot of ways this can go wrong for them.

That said, I suspect none of the schools would sign one so what difference does it make? Schools like UConn prefer the option of a 1% chance of an OK outcome even if it brings a 99% chance of devastation.

Super. None of those schools are in the Big East so no reason to sign anything.

Are you proposing that the ACC will add Rutgers before Louisville? An ACC that would be more basketball focused than ever? I mean come on.

Reaction Score

FSU
Clemson
BYU
Miami
UNC
VTech
UVa

Maybe:

Georgia Tech
Maryland

If 3 schools say yes and 6 schools say no, Louisville is kicking ass!!! Lets' say the ACC loses 4 schools, and adds 2. Louisville is cooked. Louisville can do all the math themselves.

It's relatively simple math:
3Y + 6N = L(ass)
ACC - 4 +2 = L(cooked)

Where things get tricky is when other variables are introduced. I'll illustrate using Uconn as an example:

Let CT = UConn's chances of escaping the Big East.
U represents how unfit other candidate schools are
C represents the number of national championships UConn has won in basketball
K represents Karma, as in you probably don't want to be suing former conference mates every time they leave the conference
D represents the depression level of UConn fans

It then becomes a simple function:

CT = f(uck)d

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members