OT: Vehicle for golf trip | The Boneyard

OT: Vehicle for golf trip

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
We have 5 guys, luggage and 5 golf bags for a golf trip in Florida. Is a Chevy Suburban large enough? Other suggestions.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
We have 5 guys, luggage and 5 golf bags for a golf trip in Florida. Is a Chevy Suburban large enough? Other suggestions.

a Sprinter van. Depends how much you all pack if it's just carry on's and golf bags it should fit but if everyone has full size luggage it could be tough.

Reaction Score
Just took a golf trip to AZ, and we rented a GMC pickup on Turo for $69 a day. Worked out perfectly. Would recommend a pickup with a cover for the flatbed if you do go this route.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Sounds fun. 5 seems like an unfortunate number. I would have been happy to be the 6th so you could have 2 three-somes. Pick up with cover seems good to me.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Five guys. Two in the front and two in second row (even if it's a bench). Split the third row for the fifth person. That's not a ton of room for golf equipment and luggage.

Someone mentioned Sprinter vans. It's an option.

Another option is having either your clubs or your clothing shipped to where you are crashing for the trip. I'd rather ship clothing an carry clubs in rental (You can buy some clothes a lot quicker and cheaper than clubs if something goes wrong). Each person then loads clubs and a duffel bag with 1-2 days of clothes and toiletries. If all five of you pack your stuff in one box, shipping should be cheap. You can even bag your clothes individually within the box.

Shipping clothes makes a Suburban doable. Don't shy away from a minvan either. Make sure it's a high end model with leather seats and stuff and you can go like madmen down 95 to Florida.

QDOG5

Reaction Score
I was leaning towards the 12 seat sprinter. It is a little less expensive than the Suburban. Some of my other 50+ year old car mates thought the sprinter lacked a certain je ne sais quoi. We are only using the vehicle to and from the airport(Tampa to Sarasota) and to and from the golf courses. All food and entertainment is on foot, but my friends are still holding out for some Suburban endorsements. We have a 6th golfer who lives in FLA so 2 threesomes will work.

Reaction Score
Tough with 5 men unless you go large uncomfortable 3 seat van. From where to where?

We did once to Myrtle about 25 years ago, ranking helped alleviate the loss of comfort for a few. I didn't drink and drove or co-piloted to be sure I was in the most comfortable seats LOL

polycom

Reaction Score
I was leaning towards the 12 seat sprinter. It is a little less expensive than the Suburban. Some of my other 50+ year old car mates thought the sprinter lacked a certain je ne sais quoi. We are only using the vehicle to and from the airport(Tampa to Sarasota) and to and from the golf courses. All food and entertainment is on foot, but my friends are still holding out for some Suburban endorsements. We have a 6th golfer who lives in FLA so 2 threesomes will work.

Sprinter is made by Mercedes

Reaction Score
I'm headed to Sawgrass next week and couldn't be more excited to get away from it all and watch the masters. Enjoy your trip!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
It’ll be toight like a tiger but not undoable. At 5 you won’t neeeeeed the third row

Reaction Score
The trip from Tampa to Sarasota is 1.25 hours so comfort shouldn’t be an issue. If U want the suburban see if u can get a roof box

I live in Sarasota (despite the handle). Lmk if you want any recommendations. Where r u staying?

QDOG5

Reaction Score
Sprinter is made by Mercedes
My mistake it's actually it's a Ford Transit van from Budget and my German is nonexistent.

polycom

Reaction Score
My mistake it's actually it's a Ford Transit van from Budget and my German is nonexistent.

Well yeah that’s less cool

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Just to/from airport and to)from golf course go with Suburban.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

Yes. Did a five man ski trip in a suburban. everything but the skis fit inside comfortably.
You might want to opt for a rooftop cargo carrier depending how large your suitcases are.

Reaction Score

Oh man anything works for short trips I was thinking like 12-14 hours. Use a car and pile on each other who cares should be easy.

QDOG5

Reaction Score
Suburban it is. Thanks fellas.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member