Vegas Knows: We Got Screwed | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Vegas Knows: We Got Screwed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Yes. If I recall. Everyone sans st joes was a favorite to win in 14. Nova. ISU. MSU. UF. UK.
It was the best/hottest team in the A-10, Big East, Big 12, Big 10, and then the top 2 from the SEC, which was the best conference.

Reaction Score
Line em up and knock em down. We have this. This gives us a chance to prove ourselves even more. We’re too damned good to be whining about our bracket.
Its not that we`re complaining about the bracket itself because we arent ducking anyone but its the CLEAR BIAS. Its like the duke thing i mentioned and the when questioned the committee member asked had some lame excuse that made zero sense.

Reaction Score
For as much praise as the Big East receives on the Boneyard. They really got taken as suckers by the other conferences in the selection committee.
All the Big East teams do is win championships.

Reaction Score
Best thing we can do is pack the East Regional in Boston with UConn fans for those two games.

I was at MSG in 2014 for both games and we had such a huge homecourt advantage.

Need to do that again in Boston. It can really make the difference in a close matchup.
100%. This absolutely needs to happen in Brooklyn and Boston. My fellow Husky Fans, think about the game in 2022 in Hartford versus Villanova when Hurley got thrown out and the crowd got loud, enraged, and intimidating. Every 50-50 call went UConn's way for the rest of the game. UConn fans need to do that. It makes a big difference.

Reaction Score
The Committee claims Auburn is the 15th best team. The metrics say otherwise. I trust the people who have money on the line.

Auburn is actually the 7th most likely to win the championship, and the only reason they're not higher is because they have to go through us.

We are +105 (just shy of even money) to reach the Final Four. Auburn, our #4 seed, has the second best odds in our region at +380. Other 4-seeds are +900, +1300 (though the 5 seed is +800), and +550, even though their 1-seeds are weaker.

We actually have lower odds of making the Elite 8 (-160) than Purdue does (-170) despite being a considerably higher favorite to make the Final Four or win the championship.

Yes, I know, "they have to make it there first," but the odds tell us that our projected Sweet 16 matchup is the hardest of any 1-seed and likely an Elite 8 or Final Four caliber game.

We should have gotten Alabama and Auburn should have been considered the best 4 seed and gone West.
Auburn is having a hard time with the 2nd best team in tiny Connecticut.

Much ado about nothing

Reaction Score
Auburn is having a hard time with the 2nd best team in tiny Connecticut.

Much ado about nothing

You’re seriously judging a team by a little more than 9 minutes of one game?

Their 3 point lead at this point is on pace to win by 12, anyway. Not that it would be the most impressive win of all time, but nobody will care if they win by 12.

I don’t remember what was happening at the 10 minute mark, but I do remember that last year’s UConn team was losing at half to Iona. We ended up winning by 25 or something that was such a rout that it’s hard to remember the exact margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom