Various James Bouknight 2021 mock draft projections | The Boneyard

Various James Bouknight 2021 mock draft projections

Reaction Score
This is just something while we wait for news on Martin's waiver, recruiting, and team updates. And I like following mock drafts especially when our guys are on them.
James Bouknight 1st round projections in 2021 by three prominent mock draft sites and also Bleacher Report.

-ESPN (update 8/7): #23 up from #26.
-SI.com: #16
-Bleacher Report: #17
The newest one is NBADraft.net, which has him slotted in their mock for the first time at pick #14.

Other non-1st round projections:
NBADraftroom.com: 2nd round - #41
CollegeSportsMadness.com: 2nd round - #36
Hoopshype.com - 2nd round - #35
FrontOfficeGurus: 2nd round - #31
RookieWire (USA Today) - 2nd round - #53 down from #32
NBADraft.net.png

Reaction Score
10 of their top picks are HS Sr and one is a HS Jr. Unknown potential over at least one proven season? Seems extremely risky to me.

Reaction Score
This year's draft is atrocious.

Correct. I am not sold on Any of the top 4 or 5 prospects ever being stars. Not sold on Hayes, Toppin, Patrick Wililams or Okoro either. Add Maxey as well.

I do think there is some potential for lower rated guys to carve out roles in the league. Of the lower lottery guys I like Cole Anthony, Precious, Bey, and I'm pretty high on Kira Lewis compared to most too. Nesmith is a huge ? to me. He was a dynamite shooter through half the season until he was injured, but has 0 other skills.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
This is just something while we wait for news on Martin's waiver, recruiting, and team updates. And I like following mock drafts especially when our guys are on them.
James Bouknight 1st round projections in 2021 by three prominent mock draft sites and also Bleacher Report.

-ESPN (update 8/7): #23 up from #26.
-SI.com: #16
-Bleacher Report: #17
The newest one is NBADraft.net, which has him slotted in their mock for the first time at pick #14.

Other non-1st round projections:
NBADraftroom.com: 2nd round - #41
CollegeSportsMadness.com: 2nd round - #36
Hoopshype.com - 2nd round - #35
FrontOfficeGurus: 2nd round - #31
RookieWire (USA Today) - 2nd round - #53 down from #32
View attachment 58611

Back to the late 90s - early 2000s days of no college players older than frosh or soph in the draft until end of the 1st round?

Reaction Score
10 of their top picks are HS Sr and one is a HS Jr. Unknown potential over at least one proven season? Seems extremely risky to me.

that’s how that board works. if you have 3 bad games moving forward, you’re out of the draft! it’s awesome that the kid is considered lottery

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Mojave King is unreal but no way can he walk onto an NBA court and play meaningful minutes
There are 3rd in line SGs that would chew him up right now and a yr from now
There are only a few Kobes, LBJs who at 18 had that physical presence to go up against 27 yo physical studs
I am excited to see where JB ends up when he goes into the draft but he definitely needs another full season of high end college ball

Reaction Score
2021 draft is a loaded draft as compared to recent ones....2020 draft is horrible.

Reaction Score
That Memphis pick at #14 is actually Boston's pick. That would be awesome.
You must be a Celtic fan. Mr. Neutral here says it would be an awesome pick for any team, especially if he goes that far down.

Lets just hope he 'balls out' this season. If so he may even be the 6th pick! ;)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You must be a Celtic fan. Mr. Neutral here says it would be an awesome pick for any team, especially if he goes that far down.

Lets just hope he 'balls out' this season. If so he may even be the 6th pick! ;)

I am. It would also be nice to see him with Kemba. I also think the Celtics system would be a great fit for him.

Reaction Score
The GM's are lucky there's so much money in the league so they can make repeated mistakes and not get fired. Who on earth can accurately predict how some 18 year old kid that played against 10 or 12 tough college teams will fare in the NBA against grown men?

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I seem to remember Jim Calhoun's rule of thumb. Go pro when you are a lottery pick. Go pro if you are a junior and a first round pick. If your not a first round pick don't go until you graduate. The difference in a first round pick and a second round pick is tremendous. With the first round pick you have time to develop, as second round guy has to produce right away.

Reaction Score
I seem to remember Jim Calhoun's rule of thumb. Go pro when you are a lottery pick. Go pro if you are a junior and a first round pick. If your not a first round pick don't go until you graduate. The difference in a first round pick and a second round pick is tremendous. With the first round pick you have time to develop, as second round guy has to produce right away.

The thing I recall is JC got great advice from scouts and emphasized long term success as a pro and the greater earnings that come to you when you leave at the right time. Leaving too early can lead to too little playing time, no chance to develop and play meaningful minutes, and no contract renewal or renewal at bargain rates.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Mojave King is unreal but no way can he walk onto an NBA court and play meaningful minutes
There are 3rd in line SGs that would chew him up right now and a yr from now
There are only a few Kobes, LBJs who at 18 had that physical presence to go up against 27 yo physical studs
I am excited to see where JB ends up when he goes into the draft but he definitely needs another full season of high end college ball
Love that name. Mojave King.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom