Vandy Roll Call | The Boneyard

Vandy Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So, who's making the trip to Nashville?

I'm heading up from Florida +1 on Friday afternoon. I'm out of town all week and am going straight from the airport Friday to Nashville.

I can't work the logistics of setting up a tailgate, but if someone does, I can help with some tables, coolers, table top sized grills and utensils.

Looks like there's a couple of good BBQ joints nearby. Should be better than the crap I've eaten here in Maryland this week. Should have stuck to crab cakes I guess.

Reaction Score
Will be there with 3 others...making the trip from Charleston

staying at the holiday inn near the stadium...should be a good time, looking forward to the weekend

Reaction Score
Me +2...I remember awhile back, people said that there isn't much tailgate scene, but rather people go to local bars before the game. Any idea which bars? Or are you guys all planning on tailgating at the Holiday Inn? If so, we'll show up with beers and look for friendly colors...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
For those going and planning their Saturday, remember Nashville is in the central time zone. Meaning game time is 6:30pm.

Reaction Score
Don't know how smart I'll be, but staying at the Vandy Holiday Inn on East Ave. Driving up from New Orleans on Friday. I'll be the guy in the Uconn hat who looks old enough to have watched Toby Kimball and Wonderful Wes in the field house. If you can name the 6'11" guy from Naugatuck who played with Toby the year before Wes was eligible I'll buy you a drink (no looking up).

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I'll be there (with 4 other UConn fans). Flying in on Friday night and leaving Sunday night. Staying at the Marriott Nashville which is at the field ( reserved a room that actually looks out over the field). Not sure of pregame plans yet, but hoping to celebrate a win on Saturday night after the game in one of the bars right on Broadway...figure I'd find some other random UConn fans celebrating the win there too.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know where to park near Vandy's campus for the game? I'm staying by the airport so I planned on renting a car and parking near campus. I haven't been able to find any detailed parking information on Vandy's website.

Also, what bars are people hanging out at before the game?

Looking forward to this weekend.

Reaction Score
Me +5 staying at the Embassy Suites. Flying in from Bradley getting in at about 1pm on Friday.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
For those flying in and staying at an airport hotel, is it worth bypassing a rental and just getting a couple of cab rides to clubs on Friday and the game/post victory wetdown on Saturday?

Food for thought.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
I'll make sure to have Scottieskies at the Holiday Inn parking lot by noon Saturday. Sometimes he can't handle his Twisted Teas.

Reaction Score
Flying in Friday afternoon, staying at Holiday Inn near stadium with two others. Happy to contribute $ for a parking lot tailgate if we can meet up with anyone who has a grill and tables etc.

Reaction Score
We should come up with a bar to meet up at Saturday afternoon...Wondering that close to Vanderbilt if we'd be able to find a place that would let us out of towners shack up there for a few hours...thoughts?

Reaction Score
Hello everyone. Vandy fan here. Few tips for the visitors:

1. Tailgating has been revamped, but it's not nearly as wide spread as I hear about UCONN's tailgating experience.

2. If you're wanting to cheer your team on as they get off the buses, you'll want to be at the entrance that is across the street from Wendys.

3. Game starts at 6:30PM (Central)

4. Come down VandyVille to mingle with us tailgators, and watch a LIVE game on the big screen (will probably be the UT game).

5. There are a few vendors that will be selling food for those that can't or don't want to tailgate (Chic-fil-A).

6. Scalping tickets on campus is strictly prohibited (and enforced). However, for those looking to get tickets from scalpers can usually do so by heading down to the street corner that Wendys is located at.

7. If you're wanting to purchase beer inside the stadium you're SOL. Drink before, and after if the need arises.

That's all that I can think of. If you guys have any questions that I could help with, just ask away. Y'all have a safe trip down and back.

Go 'Dores.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Hello everyone. Vandy fan here. Few tips for the visitors:

4. Come down VandyVille to mingle with us tailgators, and watch a LIVE game on the big screen (will probably be the UT game).

Go 'Dores.

This should be an interesting dynamic since UT is playing Cincinnati... Would a majority of Vandy fans be rooting for or against UT?

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Against. No doubt.
That's what I figured... The Big East has an odd dynamic because the Big East gets so much crap from the national press.. we tend to root for teams in our conference more than fans in more "established" conferences.

Reaction Score
Vandyfan - thanks for stopping in. If we plan on drinking at your tailgating area, do we need solo cups or is it pretty laissez faire?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's me and my +1 coming in on Friday. We're going to the Grand Ol' Opry that night, the price of doing business. So far VandyVille seems like the best option for Saturday pre-game.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
It's me and my +1 coming in on Friday. We're going to the Grand Ol' Opry that night, the price of doing business. So far VandyVille seems like the best option for Saturday pre-game.
Even if you don't like country music, the Opry is a great night of entertainment. You'll enjoy it.

Reaction Score
I"m driving down from Connecticut with 10 UConn fans. We got a room at the Holiday Inn next to the stadium and will be parking the RV in the back parking lot to tailgate. I've been told by the staff at the Holiday Inn that people do tailgate in that lot (mostly parents of players). It is probably not the most ideal spot to tailgate but there was nowhere else for us to park our RV around the stadium. We should have 12-18 people at our tailgate so people are more then welcome to stop by and hang out.

Reaction Score
What is the UConn section? The people i'm going with did not get tickets through the school, but there is now way i'm sitting with the Vandy fans.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Our tickets that we got through UConn are in Section V.

Reaction Score
Section V and U are typically the away team's section. If you can't get section V, I'd go with section U.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom