Vandy has notified the SEC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Vandy has notified the SEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I assume "boss" means bunk-mate in the rehab center. 1step at a time little buddy, 1 day at a time.

"boss" is actually the guy in the funny costume that brings me mail every day at noon. i wait on the poorch for a hour every day with my cat and just watch cars drive by. my braclet only lets me go 25 feet from my house so the mailbox is just reachable. then i go back inside and read what my mommy mailed me as she mails me every day a note about things. then i do a couple lines becuase the house leader is at work and im not allowed to do any drugs when she is home. then i take a bath around 3pm and im ready for dinner at 5. sometimes on wednesdays she gets us happy meals, my favorite are the nuggets. oh i love those nuggets. then after that i watch either uconn sports or the cartoon network until its bed time at 8pm. if there is a game on i have a hvs tape i write over each time i miss a 2nd half and watch it around 10am the next morning after i get up and scratch my balls for a while. did i mention i have the coolest paintball gun that i shoot the neighbors kids with?

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
Dream scenario if this info turns out to be true:

B1G: UVA/Vandy/+ 2 or all 4 of ND/ UConn/BC/Cuse
SEC: Duke/UNC/Vtech/FSU/Clemson
Big XII: NC St/Miami/Gtech/Lville/Pitt/Cinci

I think you are way over estimating Uconn's chances in the B1G. With 14 already There are at least 6 schools that have more of a chance then us if all hell breaks loose.

1. UVA
2. UNC
3. Georgia Tech
4. Notre Dame
5. Vandy
6. BC (b/c or Notre Dame though not a good fit)

Reaction Score
Cross Vandy off. Vandy is not going to the B1G--let alone ahead of UConn.

I'm skeptical of the wish-fulfillment-driven UConn to the B1G threads, but Jesus, Vandy is a great school with a terrible athletic program. The B1G doesn't need any more of those.

Florida ain't leaving the SEC, but at least that made sense! Something like UVa, UNC, GT, and FL would be a crazy set of additions, it won't happen, but at least all those schools add something meaningful (academic success, markets, and viable athletic programs).

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
-vandy is aau
-top 30 tv market that will get the b10 a lot of cable boxes.
-private but has national apeal
-fball has a tuff time in sec but not bc or colorado bad

Reaction Score
-vandy is aau
-top 30 tv market that will get the b10 a lot of cable boxes.
-private but has national apeal
-fball has a tuff time in sec but not bc or colorado bad
Colorado finished 3rd in the BCS in this century. They're down now, but they're not Vandy bad.

As for national appeal, tell me the last time someone turned on a game because, Oh, Vandy's playing...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Colorado finished 3rd in the BCS in this century. They're down now, but they're not Vandy bad.

As for national appeal, tell me the last time someone turned on a game because, Oh, Vandy's playing...

down south vandys name is very well thought of. they may not be great at fball but they try #1 and there fans and alum care/watch #2. it would be a serious coup for the b10 to pull that off. it would be like the sec going up to illinois and getting nwestern.

Reaction Score
The Vanderbilt alumni are very proud of their connection to the school. Also, look at what James Franklin has accomplished in two years down there. Very impressive work thus far. He has brought in two highly-regarded recruiting classes, and it seems as though if you can name a major program, Vandy beat them out for someone. Vanderbilt is located in Nashville (a top 30 market) , has a rising football program, and a top national university (a lot of students from all over the country go there and work throughout the nation when they graduate). I certainly think this rumor makes some sense, though I don't think in the end it will happen. Vandy is much closer academically to a B1G school than most of the SEC, but the pride of being associated with the SEC (Vandy does retain a Southern culture) is probably going to be the eventual deal-breaker, especially with the money they get from the SEC, which even if it is not as much as the B1G can throw at them, will probably not be substantially different.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
if u look at a map and then the real b10 requirments, it starts to make sense. rules?
1) you must be aau or very high academically
2)you must be touching another state in the conf
3)big public or national private
4)tv market cable boxes must make sense
5)must have dental records
6)must give a about sports

this list clearly explains why vandy could fit meanwhile schools like mizzu, wvu, uk, cincy, lville, bc and cuse will never sniff the b10.

pj

Reaction Score
if u look at a map and then the real b10 requirments, it starts to make sense. rules?
1) you must be aau or very high academically
2)you must be touching another state in the conf
3)big public or national private
4)tv market cable boxes must make sense
5)must have dental records
6)must give a about sports

this list clearly explains why vandy could fit meanwhile schools like mizzu, wvu, uk, cincy, lville, bc and cuse will never sniff the b10.

Can't tell if you're serious. Vandy satisfies (1), maybe (3). It touches Missouri, Kentucky, Virginia -- no B1G states. Nashville is the size of Hartford with no Fairfield County/NYC/NE add-ons, and Nashville is split with Tennessee. Haven't checked dental records or but doubt Vandy is high-ranking on either measure.

If you're going to raid another conference, no way you go after Vandy, who is quite happy in the SEC.

Reaction Score
down south vandys name is very well thought of. they may not be great at fball but they try #1 and there fans and alum care/watch #2. it would be a serious coup for the b10 to pull that off. it would be like the sec going up to illinois and getting nwestern.

I know plenty of Vandy alum. They could care less about football. They have been non-competitive for far too long.

Reaction Score
A sample of one does not prove anything, but. Ran the Vandy leaving SEC idea past by Vandy alumna daughter, living in Nashville, and it gave her a much need laugh.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
A sample of one does not prove anything, but. Ran the Vandy leaving SEC idea past by Vandy alumna daughter, living in Nashville, and it gave her a much need laugh.

good, now run it by her with vandy and 3 other southern schools going to the b10 who are of quality academics wise.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
She says Duke, Emory and Sewanne are not likely to go either.

if thats the schools she thought of, then u should fold athletics and just leave the acc to begin with. try again.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
HFD: you spout most credible posts which are quite well thought out and enjoyable. This is not one of them. Vandy is Tulane really.
C'mom ... You are afraid fans will beat your legs to sauce?
Post dribble like thos and it will happen. Not me, you are a Patriot in my book. Just sayin'

Reaction Score
A gigantic crock. The SEC wouldn't let Vandy finish that sentence before kicking them out.
All true. They don't fit in with the SEC since Vandy really gives a damn about academics but they aren'y going anywhere. They would vote down FSU for SEC membership in a heartbeat.

pj

Reaction Score
Why on earth would be B1G want Vandy? As a member of an academic and research club, they'd be a terrific add. As a source of revenue to an athletic conference, they would be a huge fail. Small enrollment, small alumni base, private school, not the top school in their own city, no contiguity to B1G (until UNC is added, but Vandy is 520 miles from Chapel Hill NC and 550 miles from Charlottesville Va).

If this is a serious proposal, then the B1G has something in mind beyond athletics.

Reaction Score
The notion of Vandy making demands of the SEC reminds me of Costanza asking Susan for a pre-nup.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
The notion of Vandy making demands of the SEC reminds me of Costanza asking Susan for a pre-nup.
\

Or running the Yankees. You know it will end badly but stop and watch anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom