Vanderbilt | Page 24 | The Boneyard

Vanderbilt

Reaction Score
Every Friday the team goes out to a different spot in Nashville and works out. They call it "Cash Out Friday", and it often involves competition in the work outs. Today they were running the steps at Nissan Stadium, home of the Tennessee Titans.

Reaction Score
Looks like Vandy is going to try their hand at USF. Could be treacherous. I know they were down a bit last season, but I'd be surprised if they don't bounce back strong. Plus, they added Missouri point guard Mama Dembele in the portal, and Vandy hasn't found a way to contain her drives yet.

Reaction Score
I’m looking forward to vandy vs UConn
I spent an hour fantasizing online with a fellow Vandy fan about this last night. Geno has said he'd give Shea a home game when she wants one to help build interest in the program. Well, it's Paige's final season, and I'd love to see her and Azzi in Memorial Gym. I'm not hopeful. Just wishful, I guess.

Reaction Score
Aubrey Galvan, a 5'6 point guard out of Illinois, has committed to Vandy for the class of '25. Can't wait to see what Shea Ralph brews up with this kid. She's a ton of fun to watch. Ranked the #1 point guard in Illinois. Attends Loyola Academy and was chosen as a Blue Star 30 player. Two-time Adidas All-American and a 4.0 student.

A highlight package worth watching.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We already knew about non-conference games at Miami and USF plus Thanksgiving tourney games against Arizona and Michigan State/California. Nothing really exciting in this reveal of the other 10 non-con games. Still, I think Vandy might have the toughest SEC schedule of any team in the conference with road games against 5 of the probable top-six teams. The lone home game in that group is against South Carolina. In other words, I don't think the coaches felt the need to go looking for extra trouble in the non-conference.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Vandy gets a commit from class of '25 Monique Williams from Perth/Canberra, Australia. Don't know a lot about her except that she is 6'3 and appears to be a post/power forward type, which is something we need. She joins guards Ava Jaye Black and Aubrey Galvan as '25 commits.

Reaction Score
I hate to say it, but Shea is not growing any artists down here. At all.

Reaction Score
One to watch - Nada Maksimovic 14 ans 6'8''

During the summer season, I like to follow international FIBA age-group competitions. It's always interesting to discover new talent and I always keep an eye out for tall players. The U16 championship is currently being held in Europe, where it takes place every year. It's worth noting that the player I'm presenting turned 14 last month, on July 27. She therefore concedes just over 2 and a half years to the oldest players in the competition, who were born in January 2008, which at such a young age makes a huge difference.

Of course, her size first caught my eye, but I did a bit more digging before telling you about her. I discovered that she was the daughter of Slobodanka Tuvic Maksimovic. Her mother played for the Serbian national team, 11 years in the Euroleague and, above all, 4 years in the WNBA for the Phoenix Mercury in the early 2000s. I thought there might be interest at that time in coming to the USA.

I've attached her FIBA profile and a match she played against Sweden yesterday. I know she also participated a year ago in Jr NBA but I haven't dug into it. With her size and background, I think we need to keep an eye on this player's development.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Reaction Score
One to watch - Nada Maksimovic 14 ans 6'8''

During the summer season, I like to follow international FIBA age-group competitions. It's always interesting to discover new talent and I always keep an eye out for tall players. The U16 championship is currently being held in Europe, where it takes place every year. It's worth noting that the player I'm presenting turned 14 last month, on July 27. She therefore concedes just over 2 and a half years to the oldest players in the competition, who were born in January 2008, which at such a young age makes a huge difference.

Of course, her size first caught my eye, but I did a bit more digging before telling you about her. I discovered that she was the daughter of Slobodanka Tuvic Maksimovic. Her mother played for the Serbian national team, 11 years in the Euroleague and, above all, 4 years in the WNBA for the Phoenix Mercury in the early 2000s. I thought there might be interest at that time in coming to the USA.

I've attached her FIBA profile and a match she played against Sweden yesterday. I know she also participated a year ago in Jr NBA but I haven't dug into it. With her size and background, I think we need to keep an eye on this player's development.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Wow! It's hard to believe that girl is only 14, and barely even that. There is no awkwardness at all. She has obviously been in the gym her whole life with mom, and it shows. I kept hoping you were going to drop a tiny nugget indicating a connection to Vanderbilt. ;) Assistant coach Kevin Demille likes to travel. Maybe coach Ralph could just relocate him to Serbia for the next few years. Might be worth it. Thanks for the post.

Reaction Score
Coach Ralph talked about the schedule on SEC Network last night.

Reaction Score
Wow! It's hard to believe that girl is only 14, and barely even that. There is no awkwardness at all. She has obviously been in the gym her whole life with mom, and it shows. I kept hoping you were going to drop a tiny nugget indicating a connection to Vanderbilt. ;) Assistant coach Kevin Demille likes to travel. Maybe coach Ralph could just relocate him to Serbia for the next few years. Might be worth it. Thanks for the post.
Actually at first I wanted to place this post in the thread, UConn (only) Recruiting Speculation, but the thread was: Not open for further replies. I then turned to the Non-UConn recruiting thread and obviously made a mistake, as it ended up in that thread.

Reaction Score
I've been saying it's Vandy for a year. I ain't changing now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom