Vancouver Showcase | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Vancouver Showcase

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I would like to see UCONN in this tourney possibly in the future. Its close to home for Hailey Van Lith (sorta).....

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Its close to home for Hailey Van Lith (sorta).....

It really isn't. Probably around 4 1/2 hours by car. Same amount of driving time would just about get you to Montana if you went the opposite direction from Cashmere.

Not sure if this is a one off or if it's going to be an annual thing.

Reaction Score
There is a difference between a shooter continuing to shoot to get in rhythm and just shooting too much. A player needs to recognize when they are just continuing to shoot within their offensive role and when their misses are taking their teams out of games. There is also a difference between times when a team needs someone to created a shot with the shot clock running down and a player just continuing to shoot and miss consistency with still time on the clock.
Without a doubt what you say about OVER shooting is accurate. I believe the question is when is a specific good to great shooter (think Katie Lou) is shooting too much or over shooting. Arike, I don't see enough of her to know the difference. Too I was attempting to point out Arike took the last shot but as Geno often points out its not the last shot that actually won or lost the game,. Young's performance was much more important but not as visible. Uconn has had a barrel of people who could and did create their own shots and last second shots none ever thrilled me as Sue Bird did against ND.

Reaction Score
Worth noting that Aquino is not travelling with the team to Vancouver. Rueck said it is a medical issue, one that allows her to practice and warmup, but not take part in contact.

Has now been speculation that she didn’t travel to Canada because she didn’t want to leave the country due to VISA issues.

Reaction Score
Worth noting that Aquino is not travelling with the team to Vancouver. Rueck said it is a medical issue, one that allows her to practice and warmup, but not take part in contact.

Has now been speculation that she didn’t travel to Canada because she didn’t want to leave the country due to VISA issues.

First it was an unknown medical condition, then a leg injury and now a VISA issue? I mean, something sounds not good about this.

Reaction Score
First it was an unknown medical condition, then a leg injury and now a VISA issue? I mean, something sounds not good about this.
They really need her too. It is very strange, but these issues aren’t all that unusual for international players who went to HS in US. Happened to players at both her former HS

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Day 2 Gonzaga beats Rutgers 57-40. C. Viv's crew is offensively challenged yet again. 55 points in their last 6 quarters!

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I just expect a number 1 team like them with 4 AA candidates to blow teams out. No one outside the top 8, let alone top 35 should be able to hang in that close. It's not men's basketball. We all know the drop in talent after the top 6 teams.

Did you watch the game? Did you know that the Irish were up in the mid-20's by more than 6 minutes left? At that point, McGraw started subbing liberally, with the intent of resting her "starters and rotation" I quote that because, as Orangutan pointed out, not only is Mabrey out, so is Jordan Nixon, the freshman point guard. In my humble opinion, McGraw realized game was over and wanted to rest legs for the 2nd game in three days.

And, btw, Gonzaga isn't chopped liver. They won the Western and made the NCAAs. I liked their ball movement and determination (after all, John Stocktons's daughter plays for them). And I suspect, Drake -- who also made the NCAAs -- will be a tough team, having already defeated Nebraska this season.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
OSU must not have much depth as they had several players log over 30 minutes last night, which SC only had 1 over 20 minutes. It will be interesting to see if the Beavs are tired tonight.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
OSU has been playing 11 every game at least until yesterday. That was the first game that has been particularly close. Plenty of depth in the back court. Plenty of bodies in the front court, but the overall quality doesn't compare to guards/wings.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Western Kentucky beat ETSU to advance to the 5th place game against Gonzaga. ESPN wasn't showing the score but on WKU's site it was showing 82-68.

Reaction Score
@Dillon77 Did Jessica start the game against Drake? Or has She not played all game? Just was able to start watching the game and saw she was in sweatshirt and sweat pants. I hope she’s not out for a long time.

Reaction Score
I noted that Danielle Patterson started in her place tonight. Hopefully nothing but a minor injury, or even better they were just being cautious about 3 games in 3 days.

Reaction Score

Newest rumor is she was pregnant.Head bang

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Ended up being ok without her. ND won by 18 and led by 26 before clearing the bench.

Jess dealt with ankle issues on and off last year, too.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

Ended up being ok without her. ND won by 18 and led by 26 before clearing the bench.

She'll be okay. ND is deep enough to afford not having her for a few, maybe even against Geno. I wouldn't bet on that though.

Reaction Score

I know she did. Okay good. I should’ve checked His Twitter I usually do.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Ogunbowale was 11-19 from the floor today, 30 points. I have no problem with that kind of performance. Young added 25.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
OSU 10-6 over S. Carolina midway thru Q1.

9-1 rebounding advantage for the Beavs.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
17-8 OSU after Q1. Terrible shooting by both teams--OSU 5-17 SC 3-18. This one must be UGLY.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
OSU is hitting from 3, can't hit anything inside the arc. Opposite problem as yesterday.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
23-12 OSU. Only 2 players have scored for SC, 6 have scored for OSU.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
SC closed it to 29-27, then OSU went on a run at the end of the half. Up 37-29. Balanced scoring for OSU, mostly Cooper and Jennings scoring for SC.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Wow. Destiny Slocum really has a knack for the circus shot buzzer-beaters. At the end of the first half she hit a 3-pointer from about 40 feet fading to her left and heaving right.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Wow. Destiny Slocum really has a knack for the circus shot buzzer-beaters. At the end of the first half she hit a 3-pointer from about 40 feet fading to her left and heaving right.

She was only 1-8 from the field before that. SC had scored, took some momentum back for OSU.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom