Vance Jackson | The Boneyard

Vance Jackson

Reaction Score
I feel like this kid is the X factor for this team to go far. After watching today's game he's like one of our top best scorers and we need that also rebounds and I feel he does a good job on that

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
We were a team without a small forward today. I don't think adding him beats Cincinnati today, but you have a chance with better rebounding and (possibly) an upgraded threat from 3.

Reaction Score
He has a very good offensive arsenal. Can make the 3 at a very good rate. Can put it on the floor and drive with both hands. Not afraid of body contact and can make layups. Has good height, only limitation is his athleticism but he has developed his offense where it's not based on blowing by people or jumping over people.

I agree he is an X factor on offense and provides help on the boards. Not saying we would have won with him in today but I do believe the game would have been much closer.

His and juwans offensive game looks most natural. You can tell the grew up playing the game. We need him for the AAC tournament. He also needs to shoot more and his teammates need to do a better job of finding him.

Reaction Score
He has a very good offensive arsenal. Can make the 3 at a very good rate. Can put it on the floor and drive with both hands. Not afraid of body contact and can make layups. Has good height, only limitation is his athleticism but he has developed his offense where it's not based on blowing by people or jumping over people.

I agree he is an X factor on offense and provides help on the boards. Not saying we would have won with him in today but I do believe the game would have been much closer.

His and juwans offensive game looks most natural. You can tell the grew up playing the game. We need him for the AAC tournament. He also needs to shoot more and his teammates need to do a better job of finding him.
I get that he's coming off two knee surgeries but also don't get all the praise on this board for Durham, he averaged 1.6 pts and 1.6 rebounds this year. We need him desperately next year to show he is a good player.

Reaction Score
I get that he's coming off two knee surgeries but also don't get all the praise on this board for Durham, he averaged 1.6 pts and 1.6 rebounds this year. We need him desperately next year to show he is a good player.
Durham just looks like he's going to be really good. Who really knows at this point but I think he'll improve a lot next year and then have a national breakout season his junior year.

Reaction Score

Didn't play basketball hardly for 2 years. So does that mean he will be good? No but I saw things, prior to his injuries and even in some games which tell me there is something there. Healthy, stronger and more confident next year could make a big jump. We will see, I like the kid.

Reaction Score
Didn't play basketball hardly for 2 years. So does that mean he will be good? No but I saw things, prior to his injuries and even in some games which tell me there is something there. Healthy, stronger and more confident next year could make a big jump. We will see, I like the kid.
I'm not sold on him as he still looks like he can't rely on his knees. Mental thing. I hope he breakouts next year but I really haven't seen much from him but good length.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
He hit a nice three this game but showed he still lacks quickness on defense particularly lateral quickness.

You can tell the kid understands the game more than Kentan did his freshman year. But Kentan was a pogo stick and Juwan is more finesse. No one knows if he can get his confidence and playing ability back to where he was prior to injuries. He could have a career at UConn that's a dud. But I'm thinking he'll be a better version of DeAndre Daniels as a stretch four by his junior year if he avoids another injury.

Reaction Score
He hit a nice three this game but showed he still lacks quickness on defense particularly lateral quickness.

You can tell the kid understands the game more than Kentan did his freshman year. But Kentan was a pogo stick and Juwan is more finesse. No one knows if he can get his confidence and playing ability back to where he was prior to injuries. He could have a career at UConn that's a dud. But I'm thinking he'll be a better version of DeAndre Daniels as a stretch four by his junior year if he avoids another injury.
He was guarding guards all game they are obviously going to be quicker .

Reaction Score

I understand having some reservations because he's played so little this year, but this is what we do know about him:

- he has great height at 6-11
- he has springs for legs, I have seen him multiple times dunking in the warmup lines and the guy can fly. Not to mention his in game baseline reverse dunk this year.
- he has good shooting form
- he was a 5 star recruit before his injuries
- he is a very coordinated big man, with his up and under moves.
- he has a good nose for rebounding when he does play. Even on occasions on which he doesn't get the bird he is always near the ball or has a hand on the ball.
- the guy can knock down a 3.
- KO described his bball IQ as "through the roof"

In his limited minutes he shown flashes that make you go "oh my..." goes beyond stats. Excited for his future here at UConn.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
He was guarding guards all game they are obviously going to be quicker .

Not a negative on the kid at all. I think he makes a much bigger leap than what we saw from Kentan this season. But he was late on plays against their bigger players as well.

Reaction Score
Love what I saw from him on his high school tapes but I really only saw a sequence of two during the season that made me sold on him. I think he can become really good or even great, just don't see all the great things during the year that many others did.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I understand having some reservations because he's played so little this year, but this is what we do know about him:

- he has great height at 6-11
- he has springs for legs, I have seen him multiple times dunking in the warmup lines and the guy can fly. Not to mention his in game baseline reverse dunk this year.
- he has good shooting form
- he was a 5 star recruit before his injuries
- he is a very coordinated big man, with his up and under moves.
- he has a good nose for rebounding when he does play. Even on occasions on which he doesn't get the bird he is always near the ball or has a hand on the ball.
- the guy can knock down a 3.
- KO described his bball IQ as "through the roof"

In his limited minutes he shown flashes that make you go "oh my..." goes beyond stats. Excited for his future here at UConn.
Agree with every point there. Durham's numbers definitely weren't promising this year but I'd attribute that to how he was utilized. I think he is still in the process of gaining confidence post-injury. I remember when I had my ACL surgery I felt like my knee "wasn't mine", if that makes any sense, like it lacked the same sensation as my opposite knee and I was always hyper aware of my rehabbing knee with every step up stairs and whatnot. You can feel every creak and groan in your knee for well over a year after the surgery, and I'm sure it can get in your head a bit as a high level athlete. I am curious whether Jawan had an allograft or autograft for his surgery because that can make a difference in how it feels during rehab period too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom