Vance Jackson Repeats as AAC ROW | The Boneyard

Vance Jackson Repeats as AAC ROW

Reaction Score
Who else is in contention for ROY in the AAC? Cumberland from Cincy is having a pretty nice year and and Alani Moore from Temple has been decent. Does Ojeleye from SMU qualify for the award?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Any clues as to why KO had Vital play more minutes than Vance in the second half of the ECU game Stair?
I'm not Stair but my best guess would be fresh legs, more speed and match-ups
CONGRATS to VJ

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm not Stair but my best guess would be fresh legs, more speed and match-ups
CONGRATS to VJ
I don't believe it was from poor play. I was just wondering the details of what KO saw in those match ups.

Reaction Score
I don't believe it was from poor play. I was just wondering the details of what KO saw in those match ups.
It allowed Adams to defend the 2 guard rather than the lead guard. Adams was in foul trouble so this mitigated that risk. Vital also had a nice second half anyway.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
It allowed Adams to defend the 2 guard rather than the lead guard. Adams was in foul trouble so this mitigated that risk. Vital also had a nice second half anyway.
Going back and forth between the Pats game and this game reduced my ability to catch this. Thanks.

Vital still can improve significantly on defense. Left his man wide open for a three when he lost focus and still doesn't see players setting up screens on him all that well. But I like what I see and really believe he's not far from fixing those things.

Reaction Score
Love this kid and if he gets better at rebounding and defending he's gonna be a good one. This year sucks but Vance and CV are turning into juniors now.

Reaction Score
Any clues as to why KO had Vital play more minutes than Vance in the second half of the ECU game Stair?
Not Stair, but here's my guess:
  • Vance stopped rebounding after about 15 mins, looked out of gas
  • Vance was hesitant to shoot coming off a curl a couple of times, and Ollie chewed him out
  • Vital was needed for game management as a secondary ball handler
  • Vital was our best weak-side rebounder in the 2nd half
  • Vital is an excellent defensive player, and Vance can struggle
Love both those guys, and I think both will have good four-year careers. Vital brings that NYC "dog" to the game a little bit at times, and I think we needed that yesterday.

Reaction Score
Who else is in contention for ROY in the AAC? Cumberland from Cincy is having a pretty nice year and and Alani Moore from Temple has been decent. Does Ojeleye from SMU qualify for the award?
Ojeleye does not qualify for that award because he's not a freshman.

Could end up being between Quinton Rose on Temple (he's won ROTW 3 times so far), Jarron Cumberland (2x ROTW) and Vance (2x ROTW).

For reference on past ROTY winners:

2014: Austin Nichols (4x ROTW)
2015: Daniel Hamilton (4x ROTW)
2016: Dedric Lawson (6x ROTW)

Reaction Score
What I love about Vance is that he plays like a freshman, a good one a that. Just saying he never tries to overdo things or play like he is better than he is. He is also very unselfish. Hell I suspect his familiar catch and hesitation to shoot, move will dissipate by jis junior year or sooner when AG and JA our dominating the backcourt again.

Has he dunked in a game yet?

Anyway Larrier has to be sweating a little.

Reaction Score
Not Stair, but here's my guess:
  • Vance stopped rebounding after about 15 mins, looked out of gas
  • Vance was hesitant to shoot coming off a curl a couple of times, and Ollie chewed him out
  • Vital was needed for game management as a secondary ball handler
  • Vital was our best weak-side rebounder in the 2nd half
  • Vital is an excellent defensive player, and Vance can struggle
Love both those guys, and I think both will have good four-year careers. Vital brings that NYC "dog" to the game a little bit at times, and I think we needed that yesterday.

From watching the game obviously Vance was tired But im going to have to excuse whatever may be due to his hard fall ending the half which was effort and yes he wasn't a offensive threat but defensively he was fine and he took a charge and just been stepping up overall and for those who keep saying 4 years need to stop who knows when any of the players leave

Reaction Score
Ojeleye does not qualify for that award because he's not a freshman.

Could end up being between Quinton Rose on Temple (he's won ROTW 3 times so far), Jarron Cumberland (2x ROTW) and Vance (2x ROTW).

For reference on past ROTY winners:

2014: Austin Nichols (4x ROTW)
2015: Daniel Hamilton (4x ROTW)
2016: Dedric Lawson (6x ROTW)
Do we know what Nichols' eligibility situation is? If he's eligible next year I'd take him in a second.

(FWIW, a friend of mine works at UVa for the men's soccer team and the suspension was pot-related)

Reaction Score
Wait I thought his release was too low and too slow, he wasn't as good a shooter as advertised and his handles weren't great.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
What I love about Vance is that he plays like a freshman, a good one a that. Just saying he never tries to overdo things or play like he is better than he is. He is also very unselfish. Hell I suspect his familiar catch and hesitation to shoot, move will dissipate by jis junior year or sooner when AG and JA our dominating the backcourt again.

He dunked in the UCF game off a pass from Vitale to finish a fast break.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I'm pleasantly surprised at his post up skills. He reminds me of Junior year DeAndre Daniels.

Reaction Score
Do we know what Nichols' eligibility situation is? If he's eligible next year I'd take him in a second.

(FWIW, a friend of mine works at UVa for the men's soccer team and the suspension was pot-related)
Theoretically he'd have one year of eligibility left and would be eligible as soon as he graduated from UVA. I think it's most likely he throws his name into the NBA draft and plays pro in some capacity.

Reaction Score

Wonder if there would be any restrictions about him transferring to an AAC school.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score

Good point on Larrier. I wonder if there were NO injuries on the team would Jackson get that much PT? The way he is playing now and suppose it will get better, it will be hard to sit him much next year. I agree on your profile of Vance.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
From watching the game obviously Vance was tired But im going to have to excuse whatever may be due to his hard fall ending the half which was effort and yes he wasn't a offensive threat but defensively he was fine and he took a charge and just been stepping up overall and for those who keep saying 4 years need to stop who knows when any of the players leave
Thanks for all those responding but I'm going with this. I forgot about that charge he took. I couldn't believe he got up.

ctchamps

Reaction Score

Actually I'm thinking there are situation we can go small and those two players on the court at the same time has me happy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom