Vance Jackson appreciation thread | The Boneyard

Vance Jackson appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kid is going to be a big time player for us. He knows how to play the game on the offensive end, shot has been a little off but we all know he is a legit shooter. Was very impressed with his ability to get in the lane and finish in Maui, he's also a pretty adept passer for a player of his size, (one of the few freshman who came here with a grown man's body.) Once he becomes a little more acclimated to the speed at this level he will shine.

Reaction Score
I think we need to put him in the post a little more. He's not a dominant player down there but he can post up smaller wings that are guarding him, and he's shown some
pretty nifty post up moves from what i've seen, him as a stretch four could be very successful for us.

Reaction Score
I think we need to put him in the post a little more. He's not a dominant player down there but he can post up smaller wings that are guarding him, and he's shown some
pretty nifty post up moves from what i've seen, him as a stretch four could be very successful for us.
Agreed, need to see him used more inside out. Also would like to see him used flashing to foul line in the zone. He has the size and you want your guy flashing to the foul line to be able to shoot and pass both of which he can do. He had the best pass of the season on a wraparound pass to Brimah for a dunk.

Reaction Score
Agreed, need to see him used more inside out. Also would like to see him used flashing to foul line in the zone. He has the size and you want your guy flashing to the foul line to be able to shoot and pass both of which he can do. He had the best pass of the season on a wraparound pass to Brimah for a dunk.

This^^^ needs to flash the FT line against Cuse. Has a good ball fake too, shows the ball can get defenders to move and then maybe make some plays. Or if the 15 footer is open he can take it.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
He's shown me a lot as a freshman. He's a player, not a project, and that is the type of kid we need more of. He seems to be a great teammate and gives his best. He has tried to provide more than could be expected and has shown the cojones to take big shots. With time, he will take better shots and make a higher percentage. So happy he is a Husky!

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

Totally agree. He has looked like the most ready to handle the flash to the foul line role, even more than Larrier (who would have improved quickly, I believe with more time).

Reaction Score
Totally agree. He has looked like the most ready to handle the flash to the foul line role, even more than Larrier (who would have improved quickly, I believe with more time).

Would it have been quickly or did he need more time? LOL sorry people do it to me and it was just sitting there Db2u. By the way I agree!;)

Reaction Score
Appreciation is earned not given. Vance has every opportunity to cement a legacy for himself. He, nor any freshman, has done enough yet.

Reaction Score
He should be our starting 3 the rest of the season. Against Cuse, he will be invaluable flashing to the free throw line or waiting for kick outs. He will be a big-time scorer for us.

Reaction Score
Vance has skills, so he's getting plenty of floortime which will accelerate his development. I don't care that he went 0 for 5 because I would rather see him shoot it than Purvis. I think he can get to the line, let him drive not just pose at the 3.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
I think we should start Adams, Vital, Purvis, Jackson and Brimah the rest of the season. Put Jackson at the free throw line when trying to break down the zone. The kid is smart and skilled enough to make passes from there or go to the basket.

Reaction Score
whatever happens this year, Ws&Ls, Jackson should benefit from PT and opportunity to gain confidence and hone skills as a 3/4. Like him a lot.

Reaction Score
Appreciation is earned not given. Vance has every opportunity to cement a legacy for himself. He, nor any freshman, has done enough yet.
Good lord....if you can't see that he probably has the most upside of at least the healthy players on this team then you are missing something. There is not a lot to be excited about right now, so yes I already Appreciate having Vance Jackson at UConn.

Reaction Score
Good lord....if you can't see that he probably has the most upside of at least the healthy players on this team then you are missing something. There is not a lot to be excited about right now, so yes I already Appreciate having Vance Jackson at UConn.
Good lord, the highest upside? I question your knowledge about basketball.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
This^^^ needs to flash the FT line against Cuse. Has a good ball fake too, shows the ball can get defenders to move and then maybe make some plays. Or if the 15 footer is open he can take it.

I was going to make an entire thread about game notes from BU, but this was a huge issue with me.

In the first half, I actually think our O got good looks and ran the zone O fairly well, they just missed a million shots.

In the second half, he seemed to go with the Adams, Purvis, CV, Facey and Brimah, and the FT line aspect of the attack went right down the toilet.

I don't know why he went away from guys who can attack that middle of the zone. That lineup against the zone is ehhhhh...

Reaction Score
Agreed, I was just amazed that Brimah kept flashing to high post at foul line. There is absolutely NOTHING he can do from there.
He in fact tried to drive once and it ended badly. It was always so great having DHAM there, he could shoot, drive, or pass effectively.
I do believe that VJ could do a similar job and really be in super position to knock down some 15 footers.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
Good lord, the highest upside? I question your knowledge about basketball.
Of the healthy new players, who has more upside than a 6'8", skilled, sharpshooting Vance Jackson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom