Value Tickets | The Boneyard

Value Tickets

Reaction Score
Looks like all games but Villanova now have value seats and kids tickets for under $15 each. You can get 2 tickets to Cinci. for 31 dollars. As a season ticket holder, thanks again AD!

Reaction Score
I know it's a slap in the face to season ticket holders but it's better than a half empty building with a "buzz less" crowd (as Dom Amore described the crowd at the UCF game), isn't it?

Exactly, season ticket holders are going to complain about overpaying (for good reason) but the alternative is all fans complaining about empty seats and terrible atmospheres. AD David Benedict went with the best option here.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah, but you have to make it up. Offer them free seats. Give a discount next year. Do something to reward the people who stand by the program even in the lean years.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I know it's a slap in the face to season ticket holders but it's better than a half empty building with a "buzz less" crowd (as Dom Amore described the crowd at the UCF game), isn't it?
Of course it was buzzless. It's Gampel on a weeknight. Worse, it's Gampel on a weeknight while the students are home. Whoever divvied up the home game locations ought to be reassigned.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah, but you have to make it up. Offer them free seats. Give a discount next year. Do something to reward the people who stand by the program even in the lean years.

I completely agree not only do we not get a discount but we get less perks as a season ticket holder. Gampel season ticket holders used to be invited to an open practice until last year. That was fun and something I looked forward too. KO did it twice and then no more. Another great change by him.

Reaction Score
If nothing changes, they are going to be paying you to buy season tickets. I imagine the numbers attending are going to keep dwindling

Reaction Score
Before we ST holders complain, look at where the value tickets are. They're crappy seats at the top of the XL in the corners. If you want to sit there every game then just skip the season ticket purchase and buy individuals. I'll stick with my (4) in section 214 row C even though I've paid a premium.

Reaction Score
Before we ST holders complain, look at where the value tickets are. They're crappy seats at the top of the XL in the corners. If you want to sit there every game then just skip the season ticket purchase and buy individuals. I'll stick with my (4) in section 214 row C even though I've paid a premium.

You can just move down. It isn't hard.

Reaction Score

This. I have a new ticket rep who left s voicemail a day or 2 ago. Will give her a ring on Monday and see what they can do for me. A free game at Gampel would be nice.

Reaction Score
I completely agree not only do we not get a discount but we get less perks as a season ticket holder. Gampel season ticket holders used to be invited to an open practice until last year. That was fun and something I looked forward too. KO did it twice and then no more. Another great change by him.

Amd if your at XL, you might get boiled hot dogs in the bowels of the XL Center before the Tulsa game if you are lucky!

Reaction Score
Parking at Gampel should be free for Season ticket holders as should the 2 exhibition games for Season ticket holders in Hartford and at Gampel.

Reaction Score
You can just move down. It isn't hard.

Yea until the actual ticket holders show up like when I arrived 5 minutes into game vs ecu and someone was in my 4 seats. They then tried telling me I was in the wrong section and I told them I have season tickets so I know my seats. They weren't very pleasant people

Reaction Score
Yea until the actual ticket holders show up like when I arrived 5 minutes into game vs ecu and someone was in my 4 seats. They then tried telling me I was in the wrong section and I told them I have season tickets so I know my seats. They weren't very pleasant people
I can’t tell you how many times that has happened with our Red Sox and UConn tickets. It’s so annoying

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
We have had season tickets since 1988. I have never been more upset. They knew that they were going to struggle this year. Why not just give season ticket holders the tickets for $15?
I sympathize. But who thought we were going to suck like we have? I figured top three in the AAC.

Reaction Score
I sympathize. But who thought we were going to suck like we have? I figured top three in the AAC.
UConn should have realized it when not as many renewed. Our ticket rep at the time said that the men's renewal rate was down a lot.

C

Chief00

I agree, despite paying season ticket holder prices for 4 seats, I agree with getting as many CASUAL FANS in the seats as possible. The reality is, the tickets being sold are not comparable seats. However, at Gampel there really isn’t a bad seat as is the case at XL.

C

Chief00

Of course it was buzzless. It's Gampel on a weeknight. Worse, it's Gampel on a weeknight while the student are home. Whoever divvied up the home game locations ought to be reassigned.

Let’s assume it had to do with the geniuses that run the XL Center being their clueless inflexible selves. UConn needs to push back!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
That deserves a thank you, and I appreciate what @mjmoney23 has written..

Poe

Reaction Score
Do season ticket holders complain when they resell their coppin state tickets for double face value during the good seasons?

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I think we need to take the casual fan under our wing and teach em up. Who knows, maybe some will ascend to our level, right chief, right?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom