Valdir Manuel Article | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Valdir Manuel Article

Reaction Score
Josh is bigger but I expect him to be one of the best conditioned player on the team next year. I think he knows how much he is needed and I believe hes up to the challenge.

Let's pray you're right.

Reaction Score
Valdir is playing in the JA45 Juco tournament in July in Melbourne, FL. Don't know if that's in case he doesn't make it in or not. But could be a sign he's going back to juco. Just an FYI.

pj

Reaction Score
Valdir is playing in the JA45 Juco tournament in July in Melbourne, FL. Don't know if that's in case he doesn't make it in or not. But could be a sign he's going back to juco. Just an FYI.

He's trying to become eligible by completing summer classes at Harcum. Harcum has two summer sessions, session 1 is May 13 - June 28 and session 2 is July 1 - Aug 16 (https://www.harcum.edu/s/1044/image...mics/calendars/summer_2019_calendar_1_vs2.pdf). It's a sign he needs classes from both sessions to become eligible at college, and won't arrive at UConn (if he's coming here) until just before the start of classes August 26.

Reaction Score
I’m curious as to whether any of our Insiders have information on him. He seems like a decent fit. But if we wait on him and then he’s NOT eligible, I’ll regret not bringing in Ntambwe in an attempt to go all-in for 2020-2021.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I think it’s safe to say there’s mutual interest here and we are working behind the scenes with him to make sure he’s academically eligible. Besides rumors he’s been liking Uconn, and only Uconn, social media posts. If we land him he’s a better get than most people realize. He was a top 50 prospect in his class the beginning of his junior year and he was juco all american last year.

C

Chief00

I think it’s safe to say there’s mutual interest here and we are working behind the scenes with him to make sure he’s academically eligible. Besides rumors he’s been liking Uconn, and only Uconn, social media posts. If we land him he’s a better get than most people realize. He was a top 50 prospect in his class the beginning of his junior year and he was juco all american last year.
Indeed.

Reaction Score
This is accurate.

C

Chief00

Impeccable insight
In response to @UcannUconn post “Indeed” has a pretty straight forward meaning even to the most casual of fans. There are privacy issues around discussing a specific recruit’s academic situation - so I will leave it at that. Chief is optimistic on this Sunny morning. Back to the Grind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
In response to @UcannUconn post “Indeed” has a pretty straight forward meaning even to the most casual of fans. There are privacy issues around discussing a specific recruit’s academic situation - so I will leave it at that. Chief is optimistic on this Sunny morning. Back to the Grind.
What if all this hard work and grind is for naught? Surely we can't go into next season without an upgrade to our frontcourt. Manuel would be a great add. I am just concerned this is another putting all your eggs in one basket scenario and if the academics don't pan out, then what? Please don't be so casual in your response that Whaley showed signs.

C

Chief00

What if all this hard work and grind is for naught? Surely we can't go into next season without an upgrade to our frontcourt. Manuel would be a great add. I am just concerned this is another putting all your eggs in one basket scenario and if the academics don't pan out, then what? Please don't be so casual in your response that Whaley showed signs.

I do think we need a Big add and The Grind will take us to that destination. Please keep in mind the word on the street in NYC was that St John favored Manuel over Kofi - whether or not that assessment was correct - who knows for sure - but Chief always has believed in The Grind. And Chief recognizes that this thread will get probably locked like the record breaking “The Grind” thread did.

Last edited by a moderator:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
As bad as a collegiate coach mullin was he did have a good eye for talent(would make a better scout). I trust bringing in players he rectuited. St John’s was as talented as anyone last year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom