Vaccinated and Hopeful | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Vaccinated and Hopeful

Reaction Score
Me, my wife, and mother-in-law all got the 1st shot Monday night. Just happened to go to the grocery store during the "storm" that night and the pharmacist waived me down to give me a shot b/c so many people failed to show for their scheduled appointments. I'm not remotely at risk, but given how empty the store was and how many shots they had to give out so they didn't go to waste, I took the shot. Follow up in March.
Better to give the dose to someone than throw it in the trash.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
In PA you qualify to get the vaccine now. It's a mess though, the doctor or whoever will not call you. You will need to reach out to pharmacies and your health care provider to find one that has an opening. Just keep calling and eventually you'll get into one. I believe Weis and Wegmans are offering the vaccine too if you have those near you.

This website will show you that you're eligible and identify vaccine providers in the state: COVID Vaccines in Pennsylvania
Thank you Greedo for the information. I will do that. The word had it that CVS had it, however there are signs at the CVS here that say they don't have it. The VA where I am surpassingly is compiling a list of Seniority. Meaning age and/or health. However, thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.

VA Blue Dog

VA Blue Dog
Reaction Score
75 and on the list here in VA for 3 weeks and they say I have 4 more weeks to wait. My wife is a teacher and she is still waiting too. VA is slow.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
75 and on the list here in VA for 3 weeks and they say I have 4 more weeks to wait. My wife is a teacher and she is still waiting too. VA is slow.
Yes VA here in PA also. 75 and up. According to the patient advocate this morning, 75 and up is a huge list. That tells me people are taking care of themselves. He explained that is the largest list. So, I signed up for it. You don't have to. They will call you anyway when it is time. However the sign up gave the indication if you signed up stating "YES" you will be called much faster. To get it on the outside, is a total mess. Talked to Rite Aid Pharmacy this morning. Everything points to call them for scheduling, however he said no, you have to go on the website at the state and hope you get in for signing up. He himself admitted PA is a total mess with this. Not surprised.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Why is it so difficult to vaccinate people? Like Chicago for instance open up Soldier Field, Wrigley, and Comiskey and you could vaccinate 100,000 every day easily.

No you can't. For one there isn't that much vaccine available. But the logistics are more difficult than that. Gillette Stadium and Fenway are mass vaccination sites here in metro Boston, and Gillette will get up to 5,000 a day. There are staff on hand, and a waiting area post vaccine to handle the reactions. Most are none to minimal, some are not and some are severe. Meanwhile, you've got to distance everyone through all of that.

My mom and dad got the vaccine down in Beaufort, SC, and it was drive up. Meaning you never got out of the car. Stick your arm out the window for the shot. They did it on the local HS football field. You then parked for ten minutes in the waiting area and a nurse checked on you for adverse reactions before clearing you to leave. Distancing is completely solved in that situation. They are going faster than we are.

Reaction Score
No you can't. For one there isn't that much vaccine available. But the logistics are more difficult than that. Gillette Stadium and Fenway are mass vaccination sites here in metro Boston, and Gillette will get up to 5,000 a day. There are staff on hand, and a waiting area post vaccine to handle the reactions. Most are none to minimal, some are not and some are severe. Meanwhile, you've got to distance everyone through all of that.

My mom and dad got the vaccine down in Beaufort, SC, and it was drive up. Meaning you never got out of the car. Stick your arm out the window for the shot. They did it on the local HS football field. You then parked for ten minutes in the waiting area and a nurse checked on you for adverse reactions before clearing you to leave. Distancing is completely solved in that situation. They are going faster than we are.
We aren't getting enough vaccine and we aren't getting it in arms fast enough in a lot of places. CT. was getting 50,000 doses per week from the federal gov't when they could easily vaccinate over 200,000 per week. Other states aren't using the vaccine given to them. Not enough vaccine is getting to healthcare and overall less than 60% of the doses are actually getting into arms. We're talking 1-1.5 million shots per day when we will have enough doses by the end of March to be doing around 3 million shots per day. It all needs to be sped up and more efficient.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We aren't getting enough vaccine and we aren't getting it in arms fast enough in a lot of places. CT. was getting 50,000 doses per week from the federal gov't when they could easily vaccinate over 200,000 per week. Other states aren't using the vaccine given to them. Not enough vaccine is getting to healthcare and overall less than 60% of the doses are actually getting into arms. We're talking 1-1.5 million shots per day when we will have enough doses by the end of March to be doing around 3 million shots per day. It all needs to be sped up and more efficient.

I won't argue about that. What I would say is that the worst states are those who decided to apply more draconian rules about who gets it first. That group is lead by NY, with Mass not far behind. The states that did what the UK did and simply said oldest people first, they are going much faster. That's why my parents had their shots in SC before anybody in the general population was eligible in MA. In SC, some appointments were delayed because they ran out of vaccine. In MA they had plenty of vaccine and ran out of people in the eligible classes who wanted it.

Edit: as much as we complain. Aside from Israel and UK, US leads in people vaccinated. The EU is a disaster.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom