UW-Whitewater women’s basketball | The Boneyard

UW-Whitewater women’s basketball

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Apparently the Division 3 NCAA tournament is being held in Northampton MA. UW-Whitewater used the UConn facilities to prep for its Sweet 16 game against Trinity (CT) tomorrow at 5:00. I hope the team enjoyed the experience!

Reaction Score
Nice gesture, I wonder if there is any connection between UW-Whitewater and former UConn coach, and now Wisconsin coach, Marisa Moseley.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Looks like those are Sectional games. Hosted by Smith College.
Smith vs Mary Washington
Wisconsin Whitewater vs Trinity (CT)

2 other Sectionals are in MA also. At Tufts and Babson.

Semi's will be played at Trinity College in Hartford

Final in Dallas.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Can't find any direct connection with UConn staff. Only possible connection is the associate head coach was video coordinator for the Seattle Storm when Sue and Stewie were there (2016). Maybe she had Sue put in a good word

Kirsten Hammer (from bio)

Following graduation, Hammer served as a video coordinator and basketball operations intern with the Seattle Storm of the Women’s National Basketball Association (WNBA) in the summer of 2016. She played a major role in breakdown of film breakdown, generating scouting reports and organizing general operations.

sun

Reaction Score
UW-Whitewater is the defending national runner-up.
I hope that practicing at UConn doesn't inspire them too much, at least not for their game against Trinity.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Great pictures, although they do look a little cold.
Whitewater is supposed to get 4 to 8 inches of snow between today and tomorrow. That same storm that is hitting Whitewater is supposed to do the same on the NE Coast late Friday early Saturday. But I guess they would rather be in the NE playing in the DIV 3 Tournament then sitting home in Whitewater WI.

Reaction Score
UW-Whitewater is the defending national runner-up.
I hope that practicing at UConn doesn't inspire them too much, at least not for their game against Trinity.

They were fortunate to beat Smith last season in the round of 16 in Wisconsin. Home-job officiating, they won in OT. Smith is the overall #1 seed in the tourney,having already beaten Babson(twice,), Tufts, Trinity, and a 4th team in the final 16, Rhode Island College. We live 200 yards from the gym.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
They were fortunate to beat Smith last season in the round of 16 in Wisconsin. Home-job officiating, they won in OT. Smith is the overall #1 seed in the tourney,having already beaten Babson(twice,), Tufts, Trinity, and a 4th team in the final 16, Rhode Island College. We live 200 yards from the gym.
Regardless, I’m rooting for UW-Whitewater. Go Warhawks!

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I hope they got the chance to tour the Champions center, it's on my bucket list.

Reaction Score
To each his own.

Go Warhawks!
Of course. What's really been interesting for us , as we've followed Smith for many seasons, is the intensity and competitive spirit of young women, even at the D111 level. And Smith's conference, the NEWMAC, is made up of many schools that are highly competitive academic institutions; i.e. MIT, Babson, WPI, Wellesley Mt.Holyoke, Coast Guard Academy, and others. Just amazing how they compete, not just in the classroom. Beyond the NEWMAC, we have watched Tufts,Amherst, Williams, Trinity,, and Bowdoin,, all programs that have made New England probably the best D111 region in the country.. We are fortunate to follow the best D1 program, and also watch , up close,, some of the best D111 basketball. There is no difference in how hard they compete.

Go Pioneers!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Apparently the Division 3 NCAA tournament is being held in Northampton MA. UW-Whitewater used the UConn facilities to prep for its Sweet 16 game against Trinity (CT) tomorrow at 5:00. I hope the team enjoyed the experience!

According to Google maps, Northampton is 51 miles away from Storrs. They couldn't find a facility closer than UConn to work out in.?
Or did they want to take advantage of the opportunity to visit the campus and work out since they were "in the general area?" :eek:

Reaction Score
According to Google maps, Northampton is 51 miles away from Storrs. They couldn't find a facility closer than UConn to work out in.?
Or did they want to take advantage of the opportunity to visit the campus and work out since they were "in the general area?" :eek:
@Carnac, the bolded statement above is endorsed by me!!

sun

Reaction Score
The free video of the game can be found on the page below by scrolling down to "recent" videos in the bottom row.
The video is titled "NCAA Tournament Sectional Round: Trinity CT vs Wisconsin Whitewater"

Reaction Score
Of the teams in the final 8, five are from Ct., Mass., and Rhode island. Smith beat 4 of the 8 during the season. They play Trinity tonite, the winner to Trinity next weekend for the semis.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom