UVA | The Boneyard

UVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
having a bot meeting today...GONE

uva is a powerhouse in research. they can play md/ruty/psu and prob unc every year in the expanded b10. they can play vt in a rivalry week game which the sec likes its teams to do(see acc beating last week). thats all they care about. oh and they like baseball, soccer and lax and when a couple eastern publics move together thats all u need to keep those sports at the top level. just remember i have been pumping the b10 drum for a long ass time that this was all going to happen. the acc is better that the nbe, but it wont be by much by the end of this movement. i think we are doing the right thing movement wise until we either go or dont time line wise from the acc. keep calling the b10 susan!

Reaction Score
NC ST is having a BOT meeting tomorrow, but I think it's to hire a new coach. Dan seems like their a lot of board meeting going on these days. The times they are a changing.

Reaction Score
Where are they going? BiG 10? When are these schools gonna learn? Florida is 11-1, yet they didn't win their division (for the conference championship game) and they cannot, therefore win their conference. They may or may not get an invite to a BCS Bowl.

College football would be so much better with about 8 conferences of about 9 teams each. Play everyone in your conference in a round-robin format. Schedule four OOCs (but make a couple of them attractive pairings). Conference winners to a sixteen team playoff (like the New Hampshire, James Madison, Villanove, Montana bunch). Takes four weekends and extends the season for student athletes (worse case senario) by three weeks of practice for the finalists.

Makes winning the conference mean something. Avoids stupidity like you see with UCLA v Stanford (again this week after last Saturday's blowout). Avoids a team like Alabama having to risk one more game than Notre Dame. And gives more programs a chance for the spotlight.

Reaction Score
The only way UConn get's a B1G invite, IMO, is if UVA is the other. It fits geographically (covering New Englang to VA ) and I think the B1G is happy with their expanded territory for their BTN.

I think we are more in play for the B1G than we know. The ACC deal/invite was supposedly done over a week ago. This is the only reason for the hold up that I can think of.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
So we've heard vague rumors on UVA/UNC, and had the strong denial. Whether the denial is proof of something going on or proof that nothing will happen remains to be seen. IF there had been the denial along with more substantial counterfactual evidence (i.e. a tweet from a newspaper reporter / established media rather than a bunch of WV twitterers) then it would be time to freak out. That still might happen but my guess is if it does it'll be months down the road or longer. Still time for UConn to operate, to see if there's any shot at B1G (my guess - probably no, if UVA goes I think UNC might freak the duck* out and get in ahead of us) or if the ACC can get its ish together and get GOR or some way to stabilize.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
The only way UConn get's a B1G invite, IMO, is if UVA is the other. It fits geographically (covering New Englang to VA ) and I think the B1G is happy with their expanded territory for their BTN.

I think we are more in play for the B1G than we know. The ACC deal/invite was supposedly done over a week ago. This is the only reason for the hold up that I can think of.

yup, i have been saying it and saying it. we are begging harder right now for the b10 and i think the acc knows this and is only waiting so long before passing us by and pulling the papers. we are walking a fine line but 1 i am in 100% agreement with. susan seems to be doing a fine job. if we dont get that b10 invite, then we need to demand lville and cincy to come with us to the acc. its better for us to have those 2 programs with us. the 3 of us have climbed together the past 10 years, its a nice saftey net knowing the 3 of us are atleast in it together to go with leftover acc schools.

Reaction Score
If UVA bounces, I'd imagine that frees up VaTech to pursue/be pursued by the SEC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Where are they going? BiG 10? When are these schools gonna learn? Florida is 11-1, yet they didn't win their division (for the conference championship game) and they cannot, therefore win their conference. They may or may not get an invite to a BCS Bowl.

College football would be so much better with about 8 conferences of about 9 teams each. Play everyone in your conference in a round-robin format. Schedule four OOCs (but make a couple of them attractive pairings). Conference winners to a sixteen team playoff (like the New Hampshire, James Madison, Villanove, Montana bunch). Takes four weekends and extends the season for student athletes (worse case senario) by three weeks of practice for the finalists.

Makes winning the conference mean something. Avoids stupidity like you see with UCLA v Stanford (again this week after last Saturday's blowout). Avoids a team like Alabama having to risk one more game than Notre Dame. And gives more programs a chance for the spotlight.
I completely agree with this. And you could have the conferences regionally based as well. Better for the fans. It actually works well for every sport, not just football, but it really works well for football. the plan to go to 18 team conferences is just foolish in my view. They no longer have much meaning. More like scheduling alliances than true leagues. especially if you have 8 division games and a rivalry crossover. That means there will be teams you see every 8 years or something. You probably play some non-conference teams more often than conference mates. And as I said elsewhere on this subject, if you're in the Big it might not be awful if you rarely play Rutgers, but somebody is going to miss Michigan or Ohio State. How's that going to go over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25

Top Bottom