UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU | The Boneyard

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I blame the American Conference.

You just assumed we'd be playing a game on Saturday because we should be playing games on Saturday.

But no.

Someone had a programming hole in that vital Sunday @2pm spot, so f--- UConn fans.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I guess we now have to hold our collective breath until tomorrow to finish this off.

Reaction Score

You just assumed we'd be playing a game on Saturday because we should be playing games on Saturday.

But no.

Someone had a programming hole in that vital Sunday @2pm spot, so f--- UConn fans.
You mean the spot on CBS national TV where anyone who wants to watch a college basketball game will have to watch us because ESPN is showing bowling and ESPNU and ESPN2 are showing women's games? Terrible.

I guess Wisconsin and Michigan St. also got f---ed since they're on after us.

Reaction Score

But no.

Yea I am really pissed we cannot get lost in the masses and play a 4pm Saturday game on ESPNU instead of a solo spot on national tv on a Sunday afternoon.

God f the AAC for screwing us again!!!!

Reaction Score
You had me scared there for a moment. I had to look at the schedule again to make sure I wasn't missing the game.

Now how long have you been having trouble with this premature thing? ;)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Yea I am really pissed we cannot get lost in the masses and play a 4pm Saturday game on ESPNU instead of a solo spot on national tv on a Sunday afternoon.

God f the AAC for screwing us again!!!!

How about a Saturday afternoon game on ESPN?

Oh, I guess that Northern Iowa game they're showing now was a good reason to bump us to Sunday.

One Saturday home game this year and it was at 11 am. Senior night is going to be at 9:00 at night.

We're certainly getting the royal treatment from Aresco's folly - glad you're loving it.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Oh, I guess that Northern Iowa game they're showing now was a good reason to bump us to Sunday.

You're blatantly off the mark. That isn't "that Northern Iowa game", it's a matchup between the #10 and #11 teams in the country. Two teams that are guaranteed to be NCAA tourney teams. Like it or not, this is a consequence of the year we're having and the squad that we have this year. The prevalence of blue-colored goggles here is astounding.

Reaction Score

One Saturday home game this year and it was at 11 am. Senior night is going to be at 9:00 at night.

We're certainly getting the royal treatment from Aresco's folly - glad you're loving it.
Now you are just throwing in different things, not relevant to your original point, to make a new argument. Cool.

Back to your original complaint about playing a Sunday CBS game over a Saturday ESPN game and it being the AAC's fault or a bad thing.

It is not, we played Sunday games on CBS during the BE. UConn Nova 2006, one of the best games in recent memory was one. There were a ton others.

Also, complaining about being on national tv, non cable, solo game on a prime tv time for the weekend makes zero sense. none.

There is a million things to complain about being in AAC but this one makes no sense and is just wrong.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You're blatantly off the mark. That isn't "that Northern Iowa game", it's a matchup between the #10 and #11 teams in the country. Two teams that are guaranteed to be NCAA tourney teams. Like it or not, this is a consequence of the year we're having and the squad that we have this year. The prevalence of blue-colored goggles here is astounding.

You do realize that the schedules were set over the summer, no?

We haven't been bumped from our Saturday home games as the season progressed, sweetpea.

It was by design. It wasn't done for our benefit.

One Saturday home game and it was slotted at 11 am.

Reaction Score
Now you are just throwing in different things, not relevant to your original point, to make a new argument. Cool.

Back to your original complaint about playing a Sunday CBS game over a Saturday ESPN game and it being the AAC's fault or a bad thing.

It is not, we played Sunday games on CBS during the BE. UConn Nova 2006, one of the best games in recent memory was one. There were a ton others.

Also, complaining about being on national tv, non cable, solo game on a prime tv time for the weekend makes zero sense. none.

There is a million things to complain about being in AAC but this one makes no sense and is just wrong.

Yeah I don't get how someone can bitch about a Sunday CBS game. I mean that's basically the time and place where the B1G has all their key games.

Reaction Score
Yeah I don't get how someone can bitch about a Sunday CBS game. I mean that's basically the time and place where the B1G has all their key games.
It's pretty easy.

Step 1: Decide that no matter who we're playing, where we're playing, when we're playing, or what channel we're playing, it's all the same and we're being screwed by our conference.
Step 2: See that we're playing on a Sunday afternoon on CBS.
Step 3: Complain about it.

Of course, we're talking about a person that thinks it's a better idea to play a Saturday game on ESPN, competing against college games on ESPN2 and CBS vs. a Sunday game on CBS competing against no other college games. The genius meter isn't exactly cranked up to 10.

Reaction Score

So now Sunday vs Saturday is the debate? Not that we,re on national tv?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
How? Because it's been a season of Sunday games which, quite frankly, suck for fans and are second-rate for television. A couple here and there are fine, but the AAC is eliminating them from our schedule - five last year, one this year.

Our home weekend games...

Bryant - Friday @ 7 SNY
Texas - Sunday @ 12 ESPN2
Yale - Friday @ 7 SNY
Coppin State - Sunday @4 SNY
Central - Sunday @1 SNY
Cincy - Saturday @ 11am ESPN2
USF - Sunday @ 12 CBS SN
Tulane - Sunday @ 4 CBS SN
SMU - Sunday @ 2 CBS

Our road weekend games...

Road -
Florida - Saturday @ 2 CBS
Stanford - Saturday @ 9 ESPN2
Houston - Sunday @ 3 CBS SN
Tulane - Saturday @ 8 CBS SN
SMU - Saturday @ 9 ESPN
Temple - Saturday @ 2 ESPN2

They seem to find room for the other programs in the conference to create a Saturday slate of games for their ticket-holders, don't they? SMU's had four home dates in-conference alone - so has Tulane.

And spare me the "We're on TV!!!" nonsense. Near as I can tell, national television broadcasts on Saturdays and six of nine of our Sunday adventures have been on crap channels, so that ain't it. We're selling tickets for people on road Saturdays and filling obscure holes in programming to benefit the conference on Sundays.

But yippee, we're on TV tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC