Utah vs Washington State | The Boneyard

Utah vs Washington State

Reaction Score
Watching Utah vs Washington State. Washington State up 53-41 after 3rd. If Utah is a #1 seed I’m Peter Rabbit
WSU 66- Utah 58 final. Will be interesting to see who gets their #1 seed spot, Stanford or Maryland ? Wait till LSU tanks, then it really gets interesting

Reaction Score
WSU 66- Utah 58 final. Will be interesting to see who gets their #1 seed spot, Stanford or Maryland ? Wait till LSU tanks, then it really gets interesting
has to be LSU, I know LSU schedule is weak but if their record is 30-2 and both loses are to SC, idk what you can say to justify they don't deserve it.

Reaction Score
said it when the top 16 came out, Utah being a 1 is a joke and Uconn would get the best bracket possible.
Well they won’t be the one seed now. South Carolina is the only great team this year and they’ve been in very close games with every ranked team they’ve played except LSU.

Reaction Score
has to be LSU, I know LSU schedule is weak but if their record is 30-2 and both loses are to SC, idk what you can say to justify they don't deserve it.
if S.C. makes it to the final LSU has to beat a defensive juggernaut in Georgia and probably Tennessee. Both of those teams have improved. At this point it Could be anybody in the final.

Reaction Score
I think LSU should get some credit for not losing any games other than to SC. They played a number of teams that could’ve upset them (Tennessee, Georgia, Old Miss come to mind) and none of them did. Sure they only played one ranked team, but they didn’t lose to anyone they should have beaten.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
Not saying this will happen and I have no faith the committee would do it but if Azzi returns for the BE tournament, plays like Azzi and UConn wins the tournament think about this… when Azzi, Nika, Aaliyah, Lou, Dorka, Aubrey & Caroline were all available UConn would be undefeated on the season. So why not UConn as the 4th. I can dream

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
That Utah loss could well cost them in seeding, depending on who else wins/loses.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
LSU is sort of a team without a resume. Their out-of-conference schedule was almost historically weak. The SEC, other than S.C., may be the weakest it has been in decades. In addition, the SEC schedule makers gave both LSU and S.C. very easy paths. Neither of them played the top teams twice. LSU played TAMU and Vandy 2x, but played S.C., Tennessee, Alabama, and Ole Miss only 1x each. It's hard to evaluate them.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Let's see if LSU can get past Georgia on Friday. Dawgs took LSU to OT in Baton Rouge a few weeks ago, IIRC.

Reaction Score
Not saying this will happen and I have no faith the committee would do it but if Azzi returns for the BE tournament, plays like Azzi and UConn wins the tournament think about this… when Azzi, Nika, Aaliyah, Lou, Dorka, Aubrey & Caroline were all available UConn would be undefeated on the season. So why not UConn as the 4th. I can dream
How many games were all seven available? Has to be no more than three.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score

Honestly not sure but my point was that UConn’s record of 26-5 is 26-0 when at best all 7 weren’t available. IOW, all 5 losses were with 1 or more sidelined and in at least 1, Maryland, 2 were injured. While some of the 26 wins were with 1 or more missing that’s to their credit.

Reaction Score
One. All seven core players played against Texas in the second game of the season, but Ducharme, who missed the opener against Northeastern, played only four minutes. They have played 13 games with one of the seven out, 16 with two out, and 1 with three out (Maryland, missing Fudd, Muhl, and Juhasz). Those counts don't include players who got hurt during a game. Connecticut has not had a game this season where 10 players played, if my tabulations are correct.

Reaction Score
I think you could justify it by seeing the teams the other teams actually beat. Doesn’t really matter….you have to run the gauntlet to get to the FF anyway….

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
UTAH may have lost, but they are a legit team.
They have a great resume'. But, even legit teams can throw out a stinker in the post-season as the Utes did last night. It's win or go home for them in their next NCAA game(s); they didn't pass that type of pressure test last night.

Reaction Score
Not too surprised by the Utah results. The high ranking for a program that haven't been there comes with new eyeballs, expectations and becoming the hunted. Also the old saying it's hard to beat a team 3 times in a row likely also didn't help their cause.

Utah losing this early basically guarantees SC and Indiana are the top 2 #1 seeds and outside of a blowout loss today ensures that Stanford will be #1 seed as well. Utah is likely not completely out of contention to retain it's seeding but they will need a a lot of help for that to happen.

That 4th #1 seed will likely go to whoever gets into the Big10 final between Maryland and Iowa. If LSU wins the SEC tournament they could get it. If UConn/VT can convincingly run through their respective conference tournament they could also get it but I believe it's a longshot for those two.

Reaction Score
LSU ain’t winning the SECT. They are a good team but thinner than a piece of paper. The bench is similar to that of what UConn has right now in terms of not getting much offensive production from the bench although SaMyah Smith is very good (Kim doesn’t use her as much as she should at times). So you see them ride their starting 5 basically until the wheels come off.

Guard play is too streaky but the posts are legit between Reese, Ladazhia and Smith. I would say their post season outlook pretty much depends on how well Flaujae and Carson shoot the ball down the stretch

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
What nobody is saying is that Washington St. is a pesky team that is not particularly easy to play against. Most of their losses this year were with their best player Leger-Walker back home in New Zealand dealing with family matters.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Washington State!! Holy smokes! Was not expecting that result. I was looking at a Stanford/Utah PAC 12 Finals, but Washington State had other plans! Well done. Looking forward to the games today.

Reaction Score
if S.C. makes it to the final LSU has to beat a defensive juggernaut in Georgia and probably Tennessee. Both of those teams have improved. At this point it Could be anybody in the final.
well that was an easy win for LSU, think its time to admit they are a 1 seed

Reaction Score
I think Stanford is safe as a 1 because they lost to a team that is really good, Utah on the other hand lost to a borderline bubble team.

I think it will be SC/Indiana/LSU/Stanford

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom