Utah - Utah St | The Boneyard

Utah - Utah St

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Some were saying that @Utah might be a tough game for USC.

The Utes are losing 13-0 to Utah St.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
And I thought I was the only one watching but was afraid to admit it. Utah St. is actually pretty good this year but not quite USC good...

Reaction Score
I like states qb. I remember watching him as a freshman against auburn last year and was impressed

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the pac is horrible in bball and all it has is usc and oregon in fball. out west there is no competition. bosie, utah st unr etc have now built up enough where there is a 2nd tier knocking. considering our new conf, we would be foolish not to have a west coach division of 7 to 9 teams to balance with a east coast. the west coast may look like a project, but its not.
bsu/uh/smu/sdsu. nevada(unr) is looking good. they have done great things as a program lately. i would love to add byu and . if byu said no utah st isn't far off. they were so close last year to beating auburn remember? if says no then i hop on the colorado st wagon quick also as they are tyring to build. and so on from there. we need to go huge like 16 or 18 teams all sports so west coast school can play all other sports together and feel like they are in a legit conf for many reasons.

Reaction Score
the pac is horrible in bball and all it has is usc and oregon in fball. out west there is no competition. bosie, utah st unr etc have now built up enough where there is a 2nd tier knocking. considering our new conf, we would be foolish not to have a west coach division of 7 to 9 teams to balance with a east coast. the west coast may look like a project, but its not.
bsu/uh/smu/sdsu. nevada(unr) is looking good. they have done great things as a program lately. i would love to add byu and . if byu said no utah st isn't far off. they were so close last year to beating auburn remember? if says no then i hop on the colorado st wagon quick also as they are tyring to build. and so on from there. we need to go huge like 16 or 18 teams all sports so west coast school can play all other sports together and feel like they are in a legit conf for many reasons.

I have a feeling we could have a thread about Little Red Riding Hood, and you'd reply with some reference to the Big East needing to add more schools and go to four divisions.

Couldn't you save yourself time by just adding this post to your .sig? Then you wouldn't have to repost it 4000 times.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If BYU says no Utah State isn't far off? They are building a conference not hitting on girls at a bar at closing time.

UConn actually played a great game against Utah St. It's when Orlovsky arrived. They lost but it he flipped the switch in the second half.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I have a feeling we could have a thread about Little Red Riding Hood, and you'd reply with some reference to the Big East needing to add more schools and go to four divisions.

Couldn't you save yourself time by just adding this post to your .sig? Then you wouldn't have to repost it 4000 times.

nope. i want to talk about it becuase it is our future. its 2 divisions not 4 so clearly even after 4k posts about it you still don't understand it. or you can ignore whats going on and think were in fairy land and a acc invite to play with shity private schools is coming soon.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
nope. i want to talk about it becuase it is our future. its 2 divisions not 4 so clearly even after 4k posts about it you still don't understand it. or you can ignore whats going on and think were in fairy land and a acc invite to play with ****y private schools is coming soon.

I love when Danny gets into the Husky juice.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
If BYU says no Utah State isn't far off? They are building a conference not hitting on girls at a bar at closing time.

UConn actually played a great game against Utah St. It's when Orlovsky arrived. They lost but it he flipped the switch in the second half.

they built a new facility recently and can easily get to 40k expansion by 2nd tier'ing the endzone. they used to be 30k and they choped it down to build a new facility. they have a good bball program. ever seen there fans before? that will translate to fball easy when they are in a good conf. location wise they are up the lake a bit but the market is there for all 3. like i said, if byu won't leave being indy, utah st is some one to look at serious.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
they built a new facility recently and can easily get to 40k expansion by 2nd tier'ing the endzone. they used to be 30k and they choped it down to build a new facility. they have a good bball program. ever seen there fans before? that will translate to fball easy when they are in a good conf. location wise they are up the lake a bit but the market is there for all 3. like i said, if byu won't leave being indy, utah st is some one to look at serious.

The Big Third Best Program In Your State Conference. I can't wait for Southern Miss v Utah State.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
The Big Third Best Program In Your State Conference. I can't wait for Southern Miss v Utah State.

they would never play. 2 spereate divisions. smiss doesn't get in before ecu anyway.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
they would never play. 2 spereate divisions. smiss doesn't get in before ecu anyway.

If they never play it isn't a conference. And I'm not sure ECU qualifies - they might only be the fourth best program in their state.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
If they never play it isn't a conference. And I'm not sure ECU qualifies - they might only be the fourth best program in their state.

you can find 3 better football schools in norty cary than ecu? unc, ncst and who? wake? duke? app? char?

Reaction Score
Utah St is a good looking team. Their coach Anderson has done a great job, that program was horrible for the last 10 years. Good addition for the MWC next season.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
you can find 3 better football schools in norty cary than ecu? unc, ncst and who? wake? duke? app? char?

You mean the Wake that went to the BCS and beat UConn two out of three? Yeah that Wake.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
You mean the Wake that went to the BCS and beat UConn two out of three? Yeah that Wake.

the wake that has a 30k stadium and is the little bro of duke to everyone around the area? they had 1 good year 2006 where lville a team in the nbe beat them in that bcs game. wake lives on 2006 like rutgers lives on 2006. garbage. all time .400 program. horrible. they are the definition of a brutal program cashing checks.

meanwhile ecu is a great program. 50k strong. i'll take ecu any day in that fight.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I have to say this about Utah St, their student section made a great showing on National TV. I know it's against a major rival and it's probably their only game on ESPN, but I've never seen our students look that good or involved like Utah St students look right now after that go-ahead TD.

Reaction Score
Danny ... I am usually open minded about this LEAGUE formation. To my detriment ... I think we need to face facts & accept that this conference is ours. And, I love being in lots of markets that will give us breadth & exposure as ... as 12 year old D1a program.

But NO ... on Utah State. NOOOOO. I have been to Logan, Utah. Broke down in my Audi actually & stayed there longer than I want to reveal. It's NOT a market this group needs to be looking at. I got you on Teams. I am with you that the WEST is an opportunity. But NEVER Logan, Utah. We Got Reno or Las Vegas ... if we fail with or BYU.

Reaction Score
Next, some conference visionaries would add Weber State, Mississippi Valley, NC A&T, and some other non-existent media market, gridiron powerhouses. Maybe not in Utah, but they must be consuming some very strong Belgian or Czech beers. :rolleyes:

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Danny ... I am usually open minded about this LEAGUE formation. To my detriment ... I think we need to face facts & accept that this conference is ours. And, I love being in lots of markets that will give us breadth & exposure as ... as 12 year old D1a program.

But NO ... on Utah State. NOOOOO. I have been to Logan, Utah. Broke down in my Audi actually & stayed there longer than I want to reveal. It's NOT a market this group needs to be looking at. I got you on Teams. I am with you that the WEST is an opportunity. But NEVER Logan, Utah. We Got Reno or Las Vegas ... if we fail with or BYU.

for 1 i enjoy reading your stuff pudge as you clearly get it also witht he future of the nbe vs others, west opps and tv stuff/rising schools. i'm pretty sure i said at the begining of this that i would look at utah st if byu was a no. i think it got blown out a bit but when whaler wanrs to bash i take enjoyment in his hate for the nbe...

this game is wild now...

Reaction Score
Congrats to Utah State fans. I am happy for them. That was a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom