Utah @ #6 Stanford - 2/07/21 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Utah @ #6 Stanford - 2/07/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
83-41 final. Stanford pretty much pulled starters 3 or 4 minutes into Q3 and Utah still couldn't make any headway, they kept playing their regular rotation the whole game. Stanford has to feel good about this after their 4th quarter collapse against Colorado. For the Utes, absolutely nothing to take away from a game like this.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Pendande w/ probably her best game of the season, I guess that's the one positive for Utah.

When Maxwell and Martin combine for 8 points on 4-22 shooting, you know it's going to be a long day.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Kiana w/ 13, Jones, Brink and Van Gytenbeek w/ 12 each. 10 reb/3 blocks for Cameron as well. None of the starters even played 20 minutes. Van Gytenbeek led them w/ 26, Jump next w/ 22.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Utah shot 24% overall and 1-22 behind the arc!

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Brink is doing her Cate Reese impression today, she's been on the ground more than she's been standing upright.
Being so slim, I think she has a high center of gravity.

She might also have a strategy of falling to avoid spraining an ankle or knee while making an awkward step to try to stay upright. Steph Curry does that to protect his oft-injured ankles. Don't laugh too much, I'm just throwing this out as a thought.

And of course she may draw more whistles by falling.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Being so slim, I think she has a high center of gravity.

She might also have a strategy of falling to avoid spraining an ankle or knee while making an awkward step to try to stay upright. Steph Curry does that to protect his oft-injured ankles. Don't laugh too much, I'm just throwing this out as a thought.

And of course she may draw more whistles by falling.
It was really more of shot at Reese. Despite being thin Brink usually doesn't get knocked around too much. Cate is always on the floor.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Kiana w/ 13, Jones, Brink and Van Gytenbeek w/ 12 each. 10 reb/3 blocks for Cameron as well. None of the starters even played 20 minutes. Van Gytenbeek led them w/ 26, Jump next w/ 22.
I wonder if the starters would have done better in the 4th quarter against Colorado if they'd gotten a bit more rest earlier in the game. Kiana played 40 minutes against Colorado.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
It was really more of shot at Reese. Despite being thin Brink usually doesn't get knocked around too much. Cate is always on the floor.
I see. I actually do think Brink falls a fair amount for a big. But she definitely is a lot stronger than she looks, plus being quite feisty, so she isn't easy to push around.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I see. I actually do think Brink falls a fair amount for a big. But she definitely is a lot stronger than she looks, plus being quite feisty, so she isn't easy to push around.
I've noticed she dives for loose balls a lot. Going to the floor as a choice is different than just ending up there. With Reese she takes a lot of off balance leaners and her own moment carries her down it seems like.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I wonder if the starters would have done better in the 4th quarter against Colorado if they'd gotten a bit more rest earlier in the game. Kiana played 40 minutes against Colorado.
Maybe. I think Kiana only played 14 or 16 today.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom