Utah (14) @ Oregon (4) - 2/01/19 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Utah (14) @ Oregon (4) - 2/01/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Oregon went on a 11-0 run to retake control of this game.

Utah really needs someone other than Huff to score. They finally get a 3 from Gylten but it feels like too little too late.

Plebe

Reaction Score
It's unbelievable how quickly this went from a 1-point game to a 20-point game in about 7 minutes.

Plebe

Reaction Score
This was a game where the loss of Daneesha Provo really hurt the Utes, especially on defense with the foul trouble to Edwards. Ultimately they just didn't have the defensive juice in 4Q, when Oregon outscored them 27-9. Provo was their best perimeter defender and would have made a difference there.

Reaction Score
That’s what you call the wheels falling off.
Huff falls just short of 40 with 38 points.
Ionescu has a “bad” game for her and still comes up with 11 pts, 9 ast, 5 reb

87-65 Oregon final

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Ann Schatz and Layshia Clarendon on the call for this game. A very strong duo.
Does Ann Schatz do a lot of PAC? Remember, I don't get the network. But, from past history - thought Ann Schatz was very good, and I know she is or was based in the Northwest.

Have attended a couple of broadcast games at U of A, but don't remember recognizing the play by play person, the color commentator for both games (both last season) was Joan Bonvincini, in fact she was part of a group being honored during one of the half-times.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Oregon was impressive tonight. 22 point win vs a solid ballclub and it could have been a lot worse without Huff's incredible performance.

6 players in double figures while the Utes only had 4 who scored.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
That’s what you call the wheels falling off.
Huff falls just short of 40 with 38 points.
Ionescu has a “bad” game for her and still comes up with 11 pts, 9 ast, 5 reb

87-65 Oregon final

A couple of points after just coming back from the game. First, Ionescu's shooting slump continues and Graves even talked about it some in the radio postgame. She did seem to get going a bit toward the end, but for most of this game--and in fact for most of the Pac 12 season so far--she has been missing open shots that she used to make at a very high percentage. That's the bad news, but--and this is my second point--if last year, or for most, if not all, of this year for that matter--someone had said that Oregon could beat a good team (and Utah is for real) with Ionescu having scored only 3 points midway through the fourth quarter and not going off in the final minutes, most Duck fans (even) would have called that fan delusional at best. But--and this is the good news (for Oregon fans, anyway)--here we are early in February and Oregon did just that, with the final push being triggered by a bunch of drives to the basket by Sabally and key baskets by Cazorla, with some help from Boley and Hebard. And defense played a role as well.

This is still Ionescu's team, but it is far less reliant upon her talents than in the past, and if she returns to form and no one gets hurt they will be imo considerably stronger than last year.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
jonson, don't forget Gildon's contributions. 10 points on 5-6 shooting in 12 minutes. I believe all of her points were in the first half. I think she's an x-factor for the Ducks. If you look at her career stats they are modest, but she's had some big games for them. She can get you a double double, or score 15 or 18 points at any given time, and is usually very efficient.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
jonson, don't forget Gildon's contributions. 10 points on 5-6 shooting in 12 minutes. I believe all of her points were in the first half. I think she's an x-factor for the Ducks. If you look at her career stats they are modest, but she's had some big games for them. She can get you a double double, or score 15 or 18 points at any given time, and is usually very efficient.

Right. She was terrific. I've always been a fan and somewhat puzzled about why she doesn't get more minutes. I was just mostly talking about the game after Utah took the lead (very briefly) in the third quarter. At that point, Ionescu still couldn't buy a basket and, to me, Sabally and Cazorla--and the defense, actually--turned the game around in a hurry.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Does Ann Schatz do a lot of PAC? Remember, I don't get the network. But, from past history - thought Ann Schatz was very good, and I know she is or was based in the Northwest.

Have attended a couple of broadcast games at U of A, but don't remember recognizing the play by play person, the color commentator for both games (both last season) was Joan Bonvincini, in fact she was part of a group being honored during one of the half-times.

Ann Schatz is one of the regulars on the Pac-12 broadcasts, yes. She's slightly unorthodox, I'd say, but she has a real way with words and a great zip in her delivery. For my money, she and Mary Murphy make the best tandem in the conference, and one of the best in the country.

My other favorites are Layshia Clarendon and Elise Woodward. Bonvicini started working Pac-12 broadcasts last season, and she did color on last night's UA-ASU game. She's been a nice addition.

The one who I can't figure out why she's on the air is Tammy Blackburn. She is awful.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom