OT: - USWNT squad announced. | The Boneyard

OT: USWNT squad announced.

Reaction Score
Slight surprise with Ali Krieger (but happy she's on the roster). She seemed to be out of favor with Jill until this last set of friendlies.

Reaction Score
Fans might note that the WNT has 3 games in May before the start of the World Cup: 12th, 16th, 24th.
This is an excellent team roster, though deficient in one essential area: goalie. Hope Solo's implosion cost the team big time. Really miss her.

Reaction Score
I like the starting 11 of

Naeher-GK
Krieger/Ertz/Sauerbraunn/Davidson-back 4
Mewis/Horan/Dunn-midfield 3
Heath/Morgan/Rapinoe-front 3

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I like the starting 11 of

Naeher-GK
Krieger/Ertz/Sauerbraunn/Davidson-back 4
Mewis/Horan/Dunn-midfield 3
Heath/Morgan/Rapinoe-front 3
Young team with a nice mix of age/experience. We'll certainly see.

Reaction Score
I like Ertz on the back line, but we need her as the holding center mid....unless you are putting Dunn there. It's just that Ertz's muscle and physicality is so important to our midfield. She literally can control the entire game as the 6. To me, Davidson is not an outside back and has never played there. To start her outside back one month before the WC and at the WC is risky.

I also think the MF needs a little more creativity. Mewis/Horan are the same player and Horan is just better. Rose LaVelle and her speed and her creativity on the ball are just special..

As for Pugh, she, to me, is the ultimate super sub and that right wing will be hers for years to come......but not this year and not until Pinoe retires.

GK: Naeher
Back 4: O'Hara/Sauerbrunn/Dahlkemper/Dunn
MF: LaVelle/Horan/Ertz
Front 3: Pinoe/Morgan/Heath(best starting unit up top in the world)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I like Ertz on the back line, but we need her as the holding center mid....unless you are putting Dunn there. It's just that Ertz's muscle and physicality is so important to our midfield. She literally can control the entire game as the 6. To me, Davidson is not an outside back and has never played there. To start her outside back one month before the WC and at the WC is risky.

I also think the MF needs a little more creativity. Mewis/Horan are the same player and Horan is just better. Rose LaVelle and her speed and her creativity on the ball are just special..

As for Pugh, she, to me, is the ultimate super sub and that right wing will be hers for years to come.but not this year and not until Pinoe retires.

There you go.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
As for Pugh, she, to me, is the ultimate super sub and that right wing will be hers for years to come.but not this year and not until Pinoe retires.

That's the attitude that bothers me, that once a player gets a spot it's her's for life. I hate the "'ol girls club". It almost cost them the title 4 years ago. Abby Wambach didn't belong on the team much less on the pitch. But she had her "starter for life" card, much to the team's detriment. That team didn't get going until she was nailed to the bench. Ellis didn't have the guts to make the right call earlier. She didn't even have the guts to tell somebody else to take that PK. Thank god she missed.

Reaction Score
Speaking of penalty kicks, if Mia Hamm and Alex Morgan and a few other of Wambach’s fellow forwards had taken the kicks for penalties against them instead of Abby she would be second behind Mia in total goals scored and Alex would be closing in on her.

The idea of anybody but the person who was hit taking the penalty shot is totally wrong.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Speaking of penalty kicks, if Mia Hamm and Alex Morgan and a few other of Wambach’s fellow forwards had taken the kicks for penalties against them instead of Abby she would be second behind Mia in total goals scored and Alex would be closing in on her.

The idea of anybody but the person who was hit taking the penalty shot is totally wrong.
Ehhh, no. Totally out in left field with that. You want your best PK taker, taking the PK.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
No surprises I could see.

I got problems with this. (not that my opinion matters though)

Mewes AND Long. Why??? Could have gotten along with neither, but definitely didn't need both. Sullivan is as good or better than both and younger. Could have replaced either one.

Also leaving the best FB, Hinkle, out of the team is ridiculous.

Not sure why you need 7 FW's for 3 positions AND Dunn can play there too.

And why McDonald (31) over Williams (25)? And you probably could have had Leroux (28) if you would have been using her.

Don't think they're gonna win.

Reaction Score

The backline against Belgium was Davidson at LB, Sauerbraun and Ertz as the CBS and Krieger at RB. The best defense has looked in sometime.

Reaction Score
The backline against Belgium was Davidson at LB, Sauerbraun and Ertz as the CBS and Krieger at RB. The best defense has looked in sometime.

Yup, but it was against Belgium. If Krieger goes from has been to starter at RB, it’ll be the greatest resurrection in USWNT history.

Reaction Score
From left field.......... “best PK taker” I’m not so sure. I like Abby, but her main strength was her head. Her leg was a cannon, but a somewhat inaccurate cannon. She missed some key PKs including ones against Columbia and New Zealand that I can recall.

Yes it would be nice if Crystal Dangerfield or Lou could take all of UConn’s foul shots, however foul shots are “awarded” to those against which the foul was committed.

And again, I would prefer someone with an accurate rifle shot taking a PK versus someone with a blunderbuss.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
From left field..... “best PK taker” I’m not so sure. I like Abby, but her main strength was her head. Her leg was a cannon, but a somewhat inaccurate cannon. She missed some key PKs including ones against Columbia and New Zealand that I can recall.

Yes it would be nice if Crystal Dangerfield or Lou could take all of UConn’s foul shots, however foul shots are “awarded” to those against which the foul was committed.

And again, I would prefer someone with an accurate rifle shot taking a PK versus someone with a blunderbuss.
You realize you are contradicting yourself, right? You want the best, but you want the person fouled taking it. They are not necessarily the same.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Not a great time for this to be going on before the World Cup.

Eh, nothing's gonna happen til after the WC. Doing well in the WC will only help the players public image. Don't think it will affect the actual court case though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom