USPS??? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

USPS???

Reaction Score
I own a business that has exited since 1979 I have never has a letter " lost in the mail "or misplaced .
I own a business and my customers are constantly getting mail I sent to them almost once a week and the post office doesn’t care

Reaction Score
I was able to track it down today. The mail lady just plugged it into the system last night thinking she delivered it and she had it in her truck this morning. She was nice but I don't know why it's so difficult for her, seems like such an easy job.

Reaction Score
I was able to track it down today. The mail lady just plugged it into the system last night thinking she delivered it and she had it in her truck this morning. She was nice but I don't know why it's so difficult for her, seems like such an easy job.

Every job is easy ,unless you are the one that has who has to do it.

Reaction Score
I have a P O box at my local post office. I always try and get anything ordered sent USPS because I know it will get delivered to the right address and I'll get notified once it arrives. You don't know what's going on with your mail box unless you have 24 hr surveillance. Snow plows and teens with nothing better to do knock the thing over. After replacing a couple mail boxes I learned my lesson and have had a P O box for decades.

Reaction Score
For packages, I use Fedex, when it is an option, and have them delivered to the local Fedex store. For some reason packages from UPS or USPS always come crushed or accordioned.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You guys really think it's difficult to scan a package and then place it in the mailbox of the correct recipient?
I think the job involves a little more than that, and it requires doing things like that hundreds of times a day, which I think is likely to result in an expected number of mistakes. And I think it can drive some people batty.

I have never been a postal worker but I know many. I don't assume that I know what their job is like precisely because I have never done it. In my job I deal with preconceived notions from people who have never done it all the time, so I try not to return the favor.

Reaction Score
I think the job involves a little more than that, and it requires doing things like that hundreds of times a day, which I think is likely to result in an expected number of mistakes. And I think it can drive some people batty.

I have never been a postal worker but I know many. I don't assume that I know what their job is like precisely because I have never done it. In my job I deal with preconceived notions from people who have never done it all the time, so I try not to return the favor.
I own a business that has exited since 1979 I have never has a letter " lost in the mail "or misplaced .
If he/she's never had a piece of mail lost or misplaced in 40 years and I've had countless parcels lost, scanned to never be placed in my mailbox, and get others mail in my box at least once a week I have to assume my mail carriers absolutely suck at something which shouldn't be too difficult.

Reaction Score
I don’t think it’s the post office - although I do occasionally get mail meant for other people in my neighborhood (maybe it just sticks to my mail). I do give it back to the mail person or if I know the neighbor, give it to them personally.

I think there are dirtbags that legit steal packages from your door. I do a ton of online shopping and have had a ton of success but occasionally have had packages with confirmed delivery disappear before I was home. Conversely, with Amazon’s Subscribe and Save service I’ve been away when certain things get delivered and not been able to bring them in right away and they were still there.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
the United States Postal Service is awesome. one of those niceties that make American life reliable. of course, many of us probably have a more personal relationship with them than many big city dwellers. they're like streetlights, a background necessity, that no one notices.
until they're not there.

Reaction Score
What course of action does one have if you aren't getting your mail? I just waited on an expensive package. Waiting outside my building getting tracking updates and it says it was delivered right as I'm waiting right next to my mailbox.

This has happened multiple times a while ago and because of it I try not to get things sent USPS but this could only be sent USPS. In the past I called and filed a complaint they say they'll investigate and nothing comes of it. I've gone to my post office to explain my situation to the manager and nothing comes of it.

It's infuriating. The only explanation is my mail deliverer is a liar or is stealing packages.

Same thing just happened to me, my amazon order never showed, the vendor said take it up with UPS. The comments from the delivery are that the driver delivered the package, the driver signed for it. BS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom