USPS??? | The Boneyard

USPS???

Reaction Score
What course of action does one have if you aren't getting your mail? I just waited on an expensive package. Waiting outside my building getting tracking updates and it says it was delivered right as I'm waiting right next to my mailbox.

This has happened multiple times a while ago and because of it I try not to get things sent USPS but this could only be sent USPS. In the past I called and filed a complaint they say they'll investigate and nothing comes of it. I've gone to my post office to explain my situation to the manager and nothing comes of it.

It's infuriating. The only explanation is my mail deliverer is a liar or is stealing packages.

Reaction Score
I am sorry you are having difficulty. However , USPS is by far the safest and most economical method of parcel delivery .
USPS gets a bad rap but what else can You get for 50 cents ,

Reaction Score
that happened to me last xmas. even though they said it was delivered it wasn't. after harassing customer service and speaking with an actual human they told me the real address it was delivered to. turns out it was an office building in hartford so i went to the mail room and found the package sitting in the corner. so maybe they can tell you where it was delivered by mistake and you can retrieve it...

Reaction Score
Another government run entity that no one cares or takes responsibility for and has a union that protects deadbeats. And no, not all US postal workers are deadbeats it's just the unions are strong and protects way too many bad workers

Reaction Score
that happened to me last xmas. even though they said it was delivered it wasn't. after harassing customer service and speaking with an actual human they told me the real address it was delivered to. turns out it was an office building in hartford so i went to the mail room and found the package sitting in the corner. so maybe they can tell you where it was delivered by mistake and you can retrieve it...
Thanks...it's the 4th or 5th time I can remember them saying a package was delivered when it wasn't and I think 3 of the times I was right there and know they didn't come by.

Those other times were a few years back and I've pretty much made it a point to not get any goods I pay for delivered by them...The one time I do it and they pull this again, unreal...

I constantly get other peoples mail put in my box. I pay all my bills and things online but it's so bad I've had to tell family and friends they can't send stuff to me. I've had important things not sent to me, I missed a friend's wedding because they didn't send the invitation to me.

Reaction Score
I am sorry you are having difficulty. However , USPS is by far the safest and most economical method of parcel delivery .
USPS gets a bad rap but what else can You get for 50 cents ,
My post office has been rated the worst in the entire country, not making it up.

Reaction Score
316EA89D-5F4B-4348-9D2A-2EE56CFE2CDB.jpeg

Reaction Score
What course of action does one have if you aren't getting your mail? I just waited on an expensive package. Waiting outside my building getting tracking updates and it says it was delivered right as I'm waiting right next to my mailbox.

This has happened multiple times a while ago and because of it I try not to get things sent USPS but this could only be sent USPS. In the past I called and filed a complaint they say they'll investigate and nothing comes of it. I've gone to my post office to explain my situation to the manager and nothing comes of it.

It's infuriating. The only explanation is my mail deliverer is a liar or is stealing packages.
Good luck.....that’s all I got

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score

My brother had an issue with mail and they were giving him the run around. He said he contacted Murphy and Blumenthal's offices, and the issue quickly went away. CONTACT YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS. Regardless of your party affiliation, these guys will work for you...it's their job.

Reaction Score

You should not have never doubted @Cheif. His tentacles go far and deep. Now you pay the piper....

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Waiting by the mailbox for a package?

Reaction Score
USPS is becoming obsolete. They keep talking about cutting costs, but never do. How about going to every other day delivery? I don't need my mail every day. They could charge a premium rate to deliver on a customers non-delivery day.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
You should not have never doubted @Cheif. His tentacles go far and deep. Now you pay the piper....

It's more likely now that Wilford Brimley is going to pull @superjohn into a darkened room and have some stern words for him.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Thanks...it's the 4th or 5th time I can remember them saying a package was delivered when it wasn't and I think 3 of the times I was right there and know they didn't come by.

Those other times were a few years back and I've pretty much made it a point to not get any goods I pay for delivered by them...The one time I do it and they pull this again, unreal...

I constantly get other peoples mail put in my box. I pay all my bills and things online but it's so bad I've had to tell family and friends they can't send stuff to me. I've had important things not sent to me, I missed a friend's wedding because they didn't send the invitation to me.
Explained to Mrs. Fleud this problem. We’re both upset for you. Our experience with the USPS has always been excellent. Our son had this problem last year in Columbus Ohio. He went to his post office and explained it to a manager and the problem was immediately corrected.

It appears you have corrupt individuals running that branch or worse. Mrs. Fleud suggests the manager is a Syracuse grad. I’d contact a federal representative and explain the problem.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

What area of the country is this?

Reaction Score

One option is to hold mail at the post office for a brief period and then pick it up (with other mail) when the item shows ready for pickup. Its inconvenient and certainly shouldn't be necessary but depending on the importance of your package it may be your only solution. I would do a hold mail a day or two before scheduled arrival so as not to impact any bills, magazines, flyers or other non personal letters that are delivered daily.

USPS HOLD MAIL

Reaction Score
One option is to hold mail at the post office for a brief period and then pick it up (with other mail) when the item shows ready for pickup. Its inconvenient and certainly shouldn't be necessary but depending on the importance of your package it may be your only solution. I would do a hold mail a day or two before scheduled arrival so as not to impact any bills, magazines, flyers or other non personal letters that are delivered daily.

USPS HOLD MAIL
Or get a PO Box

Reaction Score
USPS is becoming obsolete. They keep talking about cutting costs, but never do. How about going to every other day delivery? I don't need my mail every day. They could charge a premium rate to deliver on a customers non-delivery day.
I'm guessing you think everything will be wonderful when a private entity takes it over.

Reaction Score
Another government run entity that no one cares or takes responsibility for and has a union that protects deadbeats. And no, not all US postal workers are deadbeats it's just the unions are strong and protects way too many bad workers
Any idea how badly the whole system was screwed? What other company has to have 75 years forward of pension liability covered?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom