USNT Roster for Nov Friendlies | Page 2 | The Boneyard

USNT Roster for Nov Friendlies

Reaction Score
Klinnsman Jr, has talent; but, how is locker room presense? He made an arse of himself in the Klinnsman Sr. v. Landon Donovan Twitter fight. Regardless of one's view on Donovan, no Coach wants to see that.

He was like 16 when he did that.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Klinnsman Jr, has talent; but, how is locker room presense? He made an arse of himself in the Klinnsman Sr. v. Landon Donovan Twitter fight. Regardless of one's view on Donovan, no Coach wants to see that.
Very few of the players that will be in the locker room ever played with LD. Guzan, Yedlin, Brooks, Wood??

Reaction Score
Very few of the players that will be in the locker room ever played with LD. Guzan, Yedlin, Brooks, Wood??

True and I do hope that Klinnsman Jr has grown-up. Very few of us were perfect as teens and I am very glad that I was a teen before FaceBook, Twitter, SnapChat, etc. I just don't want to see a bad egg on the team ragging on other players at this stage. just too much at stake with 2022 and 2026 on the horizon.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It was a kid sticking up for father for crissakes. What's Nagbe's excuse?

Reaction Score
The team plays better when Mckennie is released to push up high and contribute to the attack. He is really just as vital as Pulisic in the future.

We need another true Center Attacking Midfielder. I don’t know why we we didn’t at least call in Emerson Hyndman from Scotland who is doing well again there. He can’t be worse than Green. The other option is Sebastian Lletget....

Reaction Score
I have just about had enough with these two in central defense. If whoever plays, plays well against Italy they can have the job from here on out.

Reaction Score
England with basically an A-Team that is one of the top 5 national program on the planet right now made the USMNT kids look like kids in the first half. Played better in the second half, especially when Adams came on. I think we have seen what is available. After the next friendly, they need to hire a coach with a good visions, i.e. not a marketing guy from MLS, and put in place a strategy and style that the team needs to work on from now through 2022.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
... they need to hire a coach with a good visions, i.e. not a marketing guy from MLS, and put in place a strategy and style that the team needs to work on from now through 2022.
C'mon, aren't you really excited about Berhalter's likely hiring and history of strategic masterminding and success with powerhouse teams?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I have just about had enough with these two in central defense. If whoever plays, plays well against Italy they can have the job from here on out.
Brooks looked completely lost on multiple occasions yesterday.

Reaction Score
Brooks looked completely lost on multiple occasions yesterday.
Against B or so English players that actually played, Brooks had similarly dazed and confused friends on the back line.

Unfortunately, even Boy Wonder's bad pass and failure to help on the 2nd goal left something to be desired. Certainly not dazed and confused a la the back line, just a mistake which happens and unfortunate failure to bounce back to help.

Reaction Score
I came blame anyone on the back line for yesterday. The whole team looks adrift soccer wise. No organization, no tactics. The USA could hire David Moyes or Tony Pulis and probably get an improvement.

Reaction Score
The interest in today’s friendly is overwhelming. Italy was a great partner today.

Reaction Score
Today's match was a sad display by everyone outside of Horvath. Pulisic can't do it all of himself. Sargent needs someone to get him the ball in the attacking half. The defense might as well as asked for autographs from the Italians today. The team needs a coach, now.

Reaction Score
Today's match was a sad display by everyone outside of Horvath. Pulisic can't do it all of himself. Sargent needs someone to get him the ball in the attacking half. The defense might as well as asked for autographs from the Italians today. The team needs a coach, now.

The program is in a sad place. I just hope they get a core of 23-25 players and build for the Olympics and 2026.

Right now the team is no fun to watch.

Reaction Score
The program is in a sad place. I just hope they get a core of 23-25 players and build for the Olympics and 2026. Right now the team is no fun to watch.
Fear not, MLSuper Berhalter's just over the horizon!

Reaction Score
Insider: Lopetegui had USMNT interest; Bayern eyes Pulisic

Pretty good coach was interested in the USMNT. USSF said no thanks.

I heard this while driving home yesterday. Unless "late in the process" means "we've extended an offer, it's been accepted, and we just haven't told anyone", you don't ignore the interest of a potential world-class leader just because it's "late in the process".

Reaction Score
I heard this while driving home yesterday. Unless "late in the process" means "we've extended an offer, it's been accepted, and we just haven't told anyone", you don't ignore the interest of a potential world-class leader just because it's "late in the process".
Unless the contract has been signed in blood you don't ignore the interest of a potential world-class leader.
This is too critical a hire to give two flips about anything... I'm sure it's been done before.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It's been some time since we've seen passing and touches that were this bad. Also, plenty of guys just falling down.

Reaction Score
It's been some time since we've seen passing and touches that were this bad. Also, plenty of guys just falling down.

From the little that I saw, Horvath looked really good. The rest of the team seemed to struggle to get close to the ball. When the ball came their way it was almost always as a part of a clearance and which never connected to another teammate.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom