USMNT Rising | Page 7 | The Boneyard

USMNT Rising

Reaction Score
Pretty much the whole team besides Pulisic was garbage. Including Steffen who basically set up the team to fail with his hazardous distribution.

Reaction Score
Pretty much the whole team besides Pulisic was garbage. Including Steffen who basically set up the team to fail with his hazardous distribution.
He’s the worst keeper with the ball at his feet i’ve seen in some time. Apparently he’s doing great for Dusseldorf but tonight he was really bad.

Reaction Score
He’s the worst keeper with the ball at his feet i’ve seen in some time. Apparently he’s doing great for Dusseldorf but tonight he was really bad.

Dest looked good until he was nutmegged.

Seriously, wtf are Zardes and Trapp still doing on this team?

Reaction Score
The stick Bradley gets isn’t undeserved, but the fact is he still picks out a pass better than any player we currently have. I mean at the very least he is light years ahead of Trapp.

If Trapp can’t pass then there is no other reason to keep him. That’s the only reason he’s on the team.

Reaction Score
Although the announcers hated it, I loved that Pulisic let Sargent take the free kick. It was meaningless point so why not let the kid score or, at least, see how he handles himself? Would have been nice if he buried it but it was a learning experience. And Pulisic made the kind of decison that makes him a beloved leader.

Reaction Score
Although the announcers hated it, I loved that Pulisic let Sargent take the free kick. It was meaningless point so why not let the kid score or, at least, see how he handles himself? Would have been nice if he buried it but it was a learning experience. And Pulisic made the kind of decison that makes him a beloved leader.

I think it was a shot at GGG for starting Zardes.

Reaction Score
I never agree with Alexi Lalas. But I laughed when he said that Berhalter was trying to paint the Sistine Chapel with crayons.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I never agree with Alexi Lalas. But I laughed when he said that Berhalter was trying to paint the Sistine Chapel with crayons.
So you are agreeing that Berhalter is a Michelangelo?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Seriously, are Zardes and Trapp still doing on this team?
If Trapp can’t pass then there is no other reason to keep him. That’s the only reason he’s on the team.
Trapp is such an athletic liability
I forgot they were playing through most of the 1st half. They had what 4-5 touches combined?

OMG, that was awful.

Reaction Score
I watched the game and wish I had a few more beers during the macth, though that may have cost me a TV or at least a dress-down from the misses for swearing my head-off after the kids went to bed. Just painful. A couple of my observations in no order...
  • Pulisic - Had a good game; but, can't do it alone, though he does try.
  • McKennie - Had an off game, in part due to Mexico's deep press, which the US had issues with all night, has he had to keep shifting deeper and deeper. I would also prefer to see him in the middle and then linking-up with Pulisic out wide or up front.
  • Dest - Showed some promise and also made mistakes, which si going to happen to an 18 year-old against a veteran Mexico team
  • Steffen - I am still not sure if he is really the #1 keeper or if Horvath should be. Not sure if it was his fault of the idiot on the sidelines who kept trying to short-pass teir way out of the box with Mexico running all over them.
  • Trapp - Actually makes me wish for Bradley, which is not a good thing.
  • Morales - Was not afraid to go face-to-face with Mexico, the team needs more of that
  • Long - Made a mistake (join the club); but, is growing on me.
  • Zardes - The fact that he started shows me a lot about the direction of this team and it's manager, none of which is positive.
  • Sargent - He needs to start, period. Just watch this goal - ()
  • Berhalter - Simply stated, I do not want him as the USMNT manager for the 2022 World Cup cycle. He bends-over backward for questionable MLS players, puts players out of their natural in-season positions, and cannot adapt (see continued high pressure of the back-line and keeper) during a game
  • Tata - My understanding is that the USSF could have hired him as the manager before Mexico grabbed him and USSF went with Berhalter. WTF!?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Berhalter’s “system” of possessing the ball, passing out of the back, passing through a press, and not condoning the over the top long balls is going to be what has the USMNT watching another World Cup from home. It is that dire. He doesn’t adjust things as the game goes on, he doesn’t put the personnel on the field (or in the right positions) to run that system. It is getting to the point where guys like CP and other European players who are making real money have to be asking themselves if it Is worth risking injury to play for a Federation whose leadership repeatedly demonstrates it doesn’t taking winning seriously.

As for the game, not much good to say, anywhere, really.
- Steffen doesn’t possess the passing ability to play in GB’s system. He struggles to move the ball out of the back on the ground. He’s awful with the ball at his feet.
- Trapp needs to never suit up again. He’s just not good enough and we do have other options.
- McKennie struggled a lot Friday. Partially due to just a poor performance, but partially due to having to play multiple positions to cover for Trapp. Morales had to cover for Trapp too.
- Dest will be very good, and showed glimpses... also showed reminders he’s only 18. He got beat on what led to a goal, but overall he was solid. I’m more concerned that Netherlands is going to recruit him over. If given the choice he would be crazy not to go Dutch if feasible.
- Zardes.... it’s all been said already.
- Brooks and Adams being injured is unfortunate.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom