USMNT Rising | The Boneyard

USMNT Rising

Reaction Score
Anyone see Pulisic go off against Liverpool in the second half yesterday?

Reaction Score
Pulisic looked boss against the Reds, it was fun to watch even as a LFC guy. I'm hoping he the extra effort was to send Kloppo a message to come and get him ;)

Reaction Score
Hmmm, not really rising. Kellyn Acosta goes from Western Conf leading FC Dallas to lowly Colorado Rapids.

FC Dallas trades U.S.'s Acosta to Colorado

I never understood what people see in this player. He sulked last year as Dallas either blocked his move to Europe or there was no interest from Europe.

I think he was shoehorned onto the USMNT by MLS pressures.

Reaction Score
Bingo, and now is not needs to nor should "go bigger." In the interim, time for Pulisic to continue enhancing skills, physical strength, etc. and increasingly prove himself game in and game out.

"Don't put too much pressure on the boy, hopefully you can have a few more of them and then play very successful soccer in the future. If Belgium and Iceland can go to a World Cup then so can the USA. I think he'll be fine." - Jurgen Klopp

Side note: In the Liverpool friendly scrimmage, that was a questionable penalty when Pulisic ran into the defender. However, it was good to see Pulisic's quality play, grabbing the ball from Goetz, and putting it in the net. Kudos to Goetz acknowledging Christian's playing in front of his home fans.

Reaction Score
Bingo, and now is not needs to nor should "go bigger." In the interim, time for Pulisic to continue enhancing skills, physical strength, etc. and increasingly prove himself game in and game out.

"Don't put too much pressure on the boy, hopefully you can have a few more of them and then play very successful soccer in the future. If Belgium and Iceland can go to a World Cup then so can the USA. I think he'll be fine." - Jurgen Klopp

Side note: In the Liverpool friendly scrimmage, that was a questionable penalty when Pulisic ran into the defender. However, it was good to see Pulisic's quality play, grabbing the ball from Goetz, and putting it in the net. Kudos to Goetz acknowledging Christian's playing in front of his home fans.

His teammates love him too. Reus wants him to stay forever. This kid will provide a roadmap for young Americans abroad. It will be awhile before we find another as good as Pulisic but at least he is providing a better example.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
No, that was not at all a questionable penalty. That was rock solid. You don't get much more obvious than that.

Reaction Score
No, that was not at all a questionable penalty. That was rock solid. You don't get much more obvious than that.
My impression was Pulisic ran directly into the defender. I'm no fan of Liverpool and hope for the best with Pulisic, but maybe the ref viewed it as a trip. Didn't think so, but wasn't at the game.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
My impression was Pulisic ran directly into the defender. I'm no fan of Liverpool and hope for the best with Pulisic, but maybe the ref viewed it as a trip. Didn't think so, but wasn't at the game.
No, not a trip, the defender was beaten and blocked Pulisic's path.

On the replay slo-mo at 2:28 it's pretty easy to see the defender stepping over to block the path. Easy call.

Reaction Score
No, not a trip, the defender was beaten and blocked Pulisic's path.
Very soft call. Dortmund fan, eh? Gave you an out with a possible trip, but Pulisic ran into the defender. We'll just agree to disagree.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Very soft call. Dortmund fan, eh? Gave you an out with a possible trip, but Pulisic ran into the defender. We'll just agree to disagree.
No problem, I have reality and the actual call (not to mention years of making calls like that) on my side. Disagree away. One would have to be a very Liverpool homer not to see a foul there. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
One would have to be a very Liverpool homer not to see a foul there. :rolleyes:
Not even remotely a Liverpool homer, but am glad Pulisic didn't pull a ronaldo, neymar, et al drop-and-roll impersonation after your soft call. Harden up mate! ;)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Not even remotely a Liverpool homer, but am glad Pulisic didn't pull a ronaldo, neymar, et al drop-and-roll impersonation after your soft call. Harden up mate! ;)

Did you even see the game???

In other news, water is wet.

Reaction Score
Did you even see the game???
Absolutely, live along with analyzing a few separate videos, different angles, etc. Soft call mate, albeit good for our home boy.

AARP, or girls U-5 soft ref?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Absolutely, live along with analyzing a few separate videos, different angles, etc. Soft call mate, albeit good for our home boy.
Well I guess then it's a good thing you don't ref. Cause you're clueless.

Reaction Score
Very cool to see. Know he's hurt right now but Sancho is eating his lunch at Dortmund.

I think we're due for a new USMNT Rising. Gregg Berghalter - the coach who never won anything gets appointed by his brother to coach USMNT

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom