USMNT in 2019 CONMEBOL | Page 2 | The Boneyard

USMNT in 2019 CONMEBOL

Reaction Score
Not for latin and South America. The MLS has been great for their young players.

Yup, it’s weird because American managers will play young foreign players but not young Americans as much.

Reaction Score
Yup, it’s weird because American managers will play young foreign players but not young Americans as much.

Presumably you don't think that's because they are playing players they believe are better to try to win more games and help the manager, so what is your reasoning for that? They are getting bribes from other federations? They are anti-American and want to see soccer fail in a country that they draw a salary in? What?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Presumably you don't think that's because they are playing players they believe are better to try to win more games and help the manager, so what is your reasoning for that? They are getting bribes from other federations? They are anti-American and want to see soccer fail in a country that they draw a salary in? What?

You are correct but it is also correct that there is a known anti-US player bias in terms of international clubs. Part of it has to do with limits on work permits part is that most US players are behind the development curve vs their peers.

And CP needs to be in the center of the park else we spend the next decade watching opposing side maraude up and down the opposing side and either denying him the ball or pinning him against the sideline. Give him at least 4 options on every touch.

Reaction Score
You are correct but it is also correct that there is a known anti-US player bias in terms of international clubs. Part of it has to do with limits on work permits part is that most US players are behind the development curve vs their peers.

And CP needs to be in the center of the park else we spend the next decade watching opposing side maraude up and down the opposing side and either denying him the ball or pinning him against the sideline. Give him at least 4 options on every touch.

I don't understand what anti-American bias in other countries has to do with who plays in MLS. If someone is going to argue that an MLS coach shouldn't be totally focused on winning but sacrificing some wins to play young Americans, that sounds absurd to me but make the point.

One of the larger obstacles we still have that no one ever mentions is any reliance whatsoever on the NCAA. There is no way anyone who goes 4 years with their practice time and length of season limited is going to develop as quickly as they would in a European style academy.

Reaction Score

Yeah, I think they are cowardly and biased. I don’t think those kids are better then ours.

I don’t think Latif Blessing is any better than Tommy Thompson for example.

This is a league where the top 6 in each conference make the playoffs. Get real. They should take some risks.

Reaction Score
We would only have been able to send a B team or an under 23 anyway. Oh well.

Reaction Score
And now we aren't playing in the tournament. Big whiff
Along with Mexico which almost always plays in CONMEBOL. Double whiff? Japan, and get this, Qatar, invited to participate.

Reaction Score
We would only have been able to send a B team or an under 23 anyway. Oh well.

Actually the plan was to send the B team to the Gold Cup. The Confed Cup is probably going away.

Reaction Score
Actually the plan was to send the B team to the Gold Cup. The Confed Cup is probably going away.

actually the problem is that the USA and Mexico would not have FIFA date clearance and would be left with domestics only. The Gold Cup would have gotten the A team either way.

Reaction Score
actually the problem is that the USA and Mexico would not have FIFA date clearance and would be left with domestics only. The Gold Cup would have gotten the A team either way.

I don’t know. Everything I read and heard discussed said it was the other way around.

However you may be right and that is why we were left out. We sent a B team down there in the 2000s and it really irked Conmebol.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom