USMNT in 2019 CONMEBOL | The Boneyard

USMNT in 2019 CONMEBOL

Reaction Score
Na, just a bad joke. We should see the young guns in Europe from here on out

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I heard that the Confed Cup is dead. So it’s time to only play the Gold Cup once every cycle.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Yep, put the guys out there that have a chance to start in 2o2o. Keep a couple veterans on the 23.

The answers to the questions, "Is this guy going to help in Qatar?" and "Should this guy be playing?" should be the same.

Reaction Score
No point in calling in Dwyer or Sapong.
I actually like Sapong, he’s played relatively well for the US recently and really works. Not a starter but he has earned future call ups if he keeps up his MLS form.

Reaction Score
I actually like Sapong, he’s played relatively well for the US recently and really works. Not a starter but he has earned future call ups if he keeps up his MLS form.

He’s as old as Jozy. I don’t see how he figures into the future.

Reaction Score
He’s as old as Jozy. I don’t see how he figures into the future.
We have 4 years til the next World Cup, not every roster spot of every camp has to be consist entirely of prospects and young players. If veterans are performing, can be leaders, and work hard, they deserve a look at the very least.

Reaction Score
Anyone catch the Dortmund-Schale game today? I saw Pulisic went the full 90 and and McKennie came off the bench and had a 6.1 match rating but I didn’t see the game.

Reaction Score
Weston McKinnie is a huge upgrade over Bradley at this point

Is he an 8 or a 6? I always think of Bradley as a 6 and Weston seems like an 8 to me.

I’m not convinced that Pulisic is a 10. He looks so much more confident playing the right side and working his way in.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
CP is still a kid. There is still a pecking order at a big club like that. He is great on the ball with vision. He doesn't make as good on his runs and isn't exceptionally fast. His future is in the middle of the park.

100% for the Nats.

On another note, it is a good/bad news situation in the Americans Abroad reports. A lot of young guys on European squads, few getting playing time even fewer in the top leagues.

A lot of work sorting out the squad for 2022.

Reaction Score
Yes, we need those 19-22 yr olds breaking through to their first teams. Lots are at impressive clubs, but they need to get real game run over the next couple seasons for us to have a chance at the next WC.
Of that bunch, McKinnie, Pulisic, Miazga are ready. Waiting on Shaq Moore, the Barcelona boys, EPB, Josh Sargent etc.

I think we're in great shape and about to begin a Golden Era (comparatively) for USA fussball.

Reaction Score
Yes, we need those 19-22 yr olds breaking through to their first teams. Lots are at impressive clubs, but they need to get real game run over the next couple seasons for us to have a chance at the next WC.
Of that bunch, McKinnie, Pulisic, Miazga are ready. Waiting on Shaq Moore, the Barcelona boys, EPB, Josh Sargent etc.

I think we're in great shape and about to begin a Golden Era (comparatively) for USA fussball.

No we need more 19-22 year olds staying home and getting minutes in USL-according to MLS Twitter.

Reaction Score
CP is still a kid. There is still a pecking order at a big club like that. He is great on the ball with vision. He doesn't make as good on his runs and isn't exceptionally fast. His future is in the middle of the park.

100% for the Nats.

On another note, it is a good/bad news situation in the Americans Abroad reports. A lot of young guys on European squads, few getting playing time even fewer in the top leagues.

A lot of work sorting out the squad for 2022.

I disagree with him being in the middle. But we should let him go wherever he wants once the whistle is blown. CP is to the USMNT what Gareth Bale is to Wales.

We should probably go hire the Wales coach because at least he will get it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom