USMNT coach search continues | Page 2 | The Boneyard

USMNT coach search continues

Reaction Score
If it ends up being Berhalter, I'll start rooting for Mexico. Seriously.

Why wait one full year to hire a candidate that isn't even half the coach that Bob Bradley is. That's not an exaggeration. If it's Berhalter, we've literally gone back on 30 years of growth, and we've waited a year to do it... :confused:

If it is Berhalter or a couple of other names that have been floated about, then the USMNT is noting but a marketing arm of USSF and its goal is not to win World Cups or develop players; but, its to pad the pockets of MLS ownership.

Reaction Score
If it is Berhalter or a couple of other names that have been floated about, then the USMNT is noting but a marketing arm of USSF and its goal is not to win World Cups or develop players; but, its to pad the pockets of MLS ownership.

I’ve been saying this since before Jurgen was sacked. All these stories about him “losing the locker room” were manufactured BS. If that was true then players like Geoff Cameron and Jermaine Jones wouldn’t have spoken out in favor of Jurgen.

I don’t know if Vermes would be good as a NT Head Coach. I just know that he is the type of guy who will do what it takes to win and if some MLS/SUM exec forced him to call up and play some MLS duds then he would probably quit.

In the end, it doesn’t matter because the USSF would have never gotten behind the kinds of reforms that we really need. They will do anything to protect MLS and the pay to play system that has become so incredibly lucrative.

Reaction Score
I’ve been saying this since before Jurgen was sacked. All these stories about him “losing the locker room” were manufactured BS. If that was true then players like Geoff Cameron and Jermaine Jones wouldn’t have spoken out in favor of Jurgen.

I don’t know if Vermes would be good as a NT Head Coach. I just know that he is the type of guy who will do what it takes to win and if some MLS/SUM exec forced him to call up and play some MLS duds then he would probably quit.

In the end, it doesn’t matter because the USSF would have never gotten behind the kinds of reforms that we really need. They will do anything to protect MLS and the pay to play system that has become so incredibly lucrative.

I bet MLS brass is watching this...

FIFA panel to consider Yedlin's youth club claim

Reaction Score
Columbus is eliminated. So when is the Berhalter announcement?

List of people not considered for the position:

Peter Vermes
Tata Martino

Reaction Score
If it ends up being Berhalter, I'll start rooting for Mexico. Seriously.

Why wait one full year to hire a candidate that isn't even half the coach that Bob Bradley is. That's not an exaggeration. If it's Berhalter, we've literally gone back on 30 years of growth, and we've waited a year to do it... :confused:

Maybe the mediocre and unaccomplished route is he way to go. It worked for England.

Reaction Score
I have as much confidence in a successful national stint for Berhalter as I do for Charlize Theron calling up my cell on Friday night to grab a coffee together. But here's hoping, I guess...

I liked him as a player. But he just seems to be a trendy pick type of hire. His brother is an Exec in the Federation and he is a friend and former teammate of Stewart. And he has never won anything. He was fired by the small club he was managing in Europe.

I guess I could be biased but it seems like Vermes and a few others like Jesse Marsch would be a better choice if you’re going the MLS route. Marsch just seems to be a class act who gets it done with a modest payroll. The team that is in the Eastern Division finals is still his team being managed by Chris Armas.

Vermes has built a consistent performer in a mid market as the manager and the general manage. Until this season their payroll was in the bottom half of the league.

At the end of the day, Stewart is not going to hire a “big” personality like Martino, Vermes or Marsch. These guys don’t want to run the team the Stewart way, and Stewart is said to be setting the philosophy and the system.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
At the end of the day, Stewart is not going to hire a “big” personality like Martino, Vermes or Marsch. These guys don’t want to run the team the Stewart way, and Stewart is said to be setting the philosophy and the system.
He just needs to get on with it and hire somebody.

Reaction Score
This is what happens when Dunder Mifflin fires the CEO and promotes Dwight Schrute to the position and leaves him in the position for 400 something days.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
According to CBS Sports, things are moving slowly (if at all) with Berhalter.

According to sources with knowledge of the situation, U.S. Soccer hasn't made it clear that he is the No. 1 choice and there hasn't been much interaction between the two parties involved.

U.S. soccer insider notes: Latest on USMNT's coaching search, Berhalter's future, Pulisic's modified role

That’s crazy. Maybe they are thinking that that they don’t care as long as they have someone by the January camp.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I saw that report yesterday and didn't know whether to laugh or cry...

Reaction Score
Cordeiro should be impeached and Stewart should be fired. Stewart is like the guy waiting in line at McDonalds for 10 minutes and still doesn’t know what he wants.

He's waiting for the exhaustive marketing report as to which USMNT coach would raise attendance and expansion fees the most for MLS ownership :mad:

Reaction Score
I have not seen this confirmed elsewhere; but, the local paper has posted that Berhalter will indeed be the next USMNT coach. Based on other rumors and the ties to NJ soccer (Renya, Berhalter, Ramos, etc.), I would not be surprised if this is credible.

U.S. men's soccer to hire Gregg Berhalter of Tenafly to be next coach, per reports

If true, I just can't hold back my excitement of yet another MLS pawn. The King is dead, long Live the King, or in this case, MLS ownership.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom