USF | The Boneyard

USF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
they are now 4-0, with 3 easy wins and a good win @ ND

with wvu pooping pants in the 4th after being down just 6, this conf this year needs usf to make noise. they will be top 15ish in the polls this week and the highest BE team.
@pitt
@uconn
vs cincy
@ruty
@cuse
i don't see a loss there^. then
vs miami
vs lville
vs wvu

i think they may be going into the wvu game sitting at 11-0(top8 in polls). they get uconn/ruty/cuse on the road which is great for them considering all 3 of these teams are ok at best. @pitt is a ok game as well but i can't see pitt taking them down this year, they are a mess. cincy has the o to match usf and they get cincy at home, same with wvu to finish the schedule. i think usf may be the class of the league and they have a great schedule to work with. miami is a good game but they are def beatable this year.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame is not much more than an average team this year, and they really beat themselves with two huge turnovers/big plays when they played USF.
Since that game, USF has played 3 easy ones, as you've said.

USF is a good team, but based on the opposition they've played so far, and what I've seen from BJ Daniels over the past few years, I think you are forecasting them way too high to suggest 11-0. Even after tonight's showing, I think West Virginia is much more likely than USF to be the class of the league.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the thing i see is that teams 3-8 in the BE are top40-70 teams. usf i think is a top 25ish team. the schedule is so good for them this year that 10-2 would be a bad year at this point imo. that wvu game will be BE ship, but if wvu wins the BE is going to get hammered becuase of 2nights lsu game. the other factor with wvu is that ppl forget that this is year 1 with dana, they will just get better and better all year as they build that team up to his liking. compare the be to the acc for a sec.

be-8 teams, 2 top 25ish teams and 6 top40-70ish teams. no brutal teams but not much at top, just alot of average teams in bcs play. 3 teams are in first years coaching changes and lville/cuse/usf/cincy aren't far from new either.
acc-12 teams, 4 top 25ish teams vt/clem/fsu/gt. then the rest of the acc(8teams) go anywhere from top 50 to110. they have some brutal teams but also some top teams.

usf can really make some advances this year based on the top of the BE being thin and everyone else being average. the schedule is jsut 2 good imo for them. if they played in the acc this year i would say 8-4/9-3 would be more realistic with them eating up the bottom but fighting against the top. the fact that the one big game in BE play comes in the last weekend of the year, makes me think something is brewing down there. uconn last year took adavntage of the BE and was able to take the program to a new high so quickly, i feel this year is usf's turn to do the same.

Reaction Score
I wouldnt count out cincy. By far WVU, USF and Cincy are top teams in the Big East as of now at least.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i agree i would say cincy is #3 right now in the BE, usf gets them at home....i would argue that lville/pitt are 4/5th ish. usf gets lville at home and pitt next week after they have looked bad 2 weeks in a row.

Reaction Score
The home game we have against them is going to be awesome!

Will be there. :D

Reaction Score
Skippy hasn't forgotten how to build a high scoring team. 23, 37, 70, 52 points on the board through 4 weeks.

Reaction Score
The home game we have against them is going to be awesome!

Will be there. :D

Right, hoping that USF is still undefeated at this time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom