USF | The Boneyard

USF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Y’all done? Can we move on? Ok. ;)

9-4 UConn vs 7-7 USF

I like our chances without Yetna but Collins and Rideau are both solid guards. Still, we are the better team in almost every stat category for what should be an easy win.

We can use a pick-me-up on the road. I think Hurley will get his guys fired up.

UConn by 13 @ USF.

Reaction Score
Adams on Rideau may be something we see a good bit of today.
Great point. You know Collins is going to have the ball in his hand a lot and get to the line. He's going to get his 15 with 6 or 7 FTs and a few steal and there's not much we can do about that.

However, if the team can bottle up Rideau inside (he can't shoot), and defend Castaneda/Dawson III tightly in the perimeter (both shoot 3s in the 40%s), the game should be ours.

Similar to the Miami game, the Yetna-less USF do not have a proper rim protector so this is a game where Josh Carlton can get back on track. Feed him the ball and let Durr/Maricevic/Mack accumulate their foul trouble.

Reaction Score
Always nervous about the 2nd of back to back away games. Did the team go straight to Fla from Cinci or were they home for a minute?

Reaction Score
The road has not been kind to this group. Hoping Danny makes correct adjustments. 0-2 to start conference season is a huge hole to dig out of so this almost feels like a must win, as much as a game can in early January, to get some confidence and not go into full scale damage control.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Always nervous about the 2nd of back to back away games. Did the team go straight to Fla from Cinci or were they home for a minute?
I doubt they went home especially with winter break. Too bad we no longer have Jalen’s Instagram stories to keep us abreast of the team’s travels.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If we win this game, we are gonna be national champions.
If we lose this, it's another bad season, 9-21 record!

The boneyard in 2 sentences.
It’s hard to believe one can feel more miserable after a loss like UConn suffered to Cinc but coming to this place after such a loss really ups the misery quotient.

This place proves misery loves company.

Reaction Score
It’s hard to believe one can feel more miserable after a loss like UConn suffered to Cinc but coming to this place after such a loss really ups the misery quotient.

This place proves misery loves company.
tell me about it. my brain tells me to not come on here after a loss, but my heart forces me to. and as a result, I lose brain cells.

Reaction Score
If we win this game, we are gonna be national champions.
If we lose this, it's another bad season, 9-21 record!

The boneyard in 2 sentences.
If we lose this game, yes we will have another bad season. USF is a bad team, if we can't beat them on the road it will be another season where we lose just about every game on the road. I expect us to win.

Last edited:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
tell me about it. my brain tells me to not come on here after a loss, but my heart forces me to. and as a result, I lose brain cells.
The cycle and pattern is fairly predictable. I’m not sure if it’s funny or sad that those of us who are locked into a undesirable behavior, unable to see it or change it, insist on players, coaches or posters change an undesirable behavior.

You’ll either learn to not be negatively impacted by a loss and the follow up negativity in this forum, limit the negativity exposure by staying away from here a few days after a loss, coming here after a loss and double down on the misery or stop following the team altogether. We’re the coaches of how we should play our emotional game. Insisting others change for our benefit is futile unless you’re a dictator.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I would like a start to finish ass-kicking by the Huskies. UConn is the better team and should win this game.

Reaction Score
I would like a start to finish ass-kicking by the Huskies. UConn is the better team and should win this game.
Obviously we would feel a lot better if this was the case. We need to win this one as the schedule does not get any easier the rest of the month. After this, we play Tulane and Wichita St at home, then at Villanova and Houston. Things can get out of hand quick if we don’t start to play better.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Line to park here is miserable.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Rideau always puts up crazy numbers against us.

Adams is a good defensive matchup for him. We have lacked any guard who can match his size and strength.

Reaction Score
Has USF always had really poor fan turnout? These twitter pictures are pretty depressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom