USF write up. | The Boneyard

USF write up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
One thing that stood out to me today - and it's something that really has been prevalent with every single game, except the one vs. ND (and Stanford of course)...

Now that UCONN seems to have found their "sea legs"... their margin of victory could be almost anything they want (within reason). they beat a legit top 25 team by over 40 points, but if UCONN had played only their top 7 or 8, it easily could have been a 50 (or more) point beat down. And by the way, USF played 3 of their starters over 30 minutes (Courtney Wililams played 38 minutes) and their other 2 starters played 29 minutes.

USF had 1 reserve play more than 10 minutes while UCONN had 3. I love that our reserves get so much PT and look forward to their continued development. Next year should be fascinating with UCONN basically adding 4 (Butler, Collier, KLS and Boykin) while losing KML and Stokes. We are in the midst of an unbelievable run of UCONN dominance. Enjoy it people!

Jim

Reaction Score
I do think USF's Courtney Williams is the real deal. MoJeff was draped all over her and she still put up 23 points. In the first half after the first media time out, it looked like Geno had the team run a box and one defense, with MoJeff face guarding Williams and the rest of the team playing zone. Rarely does Geno throw "junk" defenses at opposing teams, so you have to know how much he respects Williams' abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom