USF v. Oklahoma | Page 2 | The Boneyard

USF v. Oklahoma

Reaction Score
22-20 USF end of 1st. On Fox Sports Southeast
OKLA won the game, not easily, in the final minutes of the game. I was pleased for Sherri. 31 points their guard/wing got. The game could have been settled earlier had OU made some of their layups--easy layups. But their big came alive as did most of the team and with SF in foul trouble--Sherri's women ran away

Reaction Score
What is this ex- business? I would think once a Canuck, always a Canuck.
Terrible thing is --once a Canuck doesn't matter how many generations in the USA---the draw is there. When the borders were porous it was hard to tell one from the other. We invaded the USA in the late 1800's and put in sleepers \

That's the thing. I could understand if Oklahoma had been depleted by graduation or player departures. But they weren't. They returned 3 of their top 4 scorers from last year and all 3 of their top rebounders. And they added two quality freshmen.

I didn't watch this game, but from the description of USFMB it's clear that South Florida was destroyed by foul trouble in this game. That, and Gabbi Ortiz woke up and had a career game with 31 points.

Gabbi O had many of her 31 long before the game was near settled--truth is it wasn't settled with 2 minutes left. I though the last quarter was a total OU TEAM win. SF is loaded with experienced talent--It was like looking at last seasons team again, with a newbie here and there.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
If Oklahoma plays UCONN as tough as they did SF, then UCONN is NOWHERE as good as many think they are. UCONN should win by at least 20 points and that's being nice. I have watched Oklahoma many times this season. They are a good team but not a very good team.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Although I was pulling for USF, I like that OU meets us off a win so they have a decent state of mind. More fun.

Reaction Score
If Oklahoma plays UCONN as tough as they did SF, then UCONN is NOWHERE as good as many think they are. UCONN should win by at least 20 points and that's being nice. I have watched Oklahoma many times this season. They are a good team but not a very good team.

I fear you are correct in you assumptions about the OU/UC game on the 19th. My assertion was in hopes that OU gives a good showing for themselves. I have great caring and respect for Sherri Coales programs and her. She needs some big time wins.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
That's the thing. I could understand if Oklahoma had been depleted by graduation or player departures. But they weren't. They returned 3 of their top 4 scorers from last year and all 3 of their top rebounders. And they added two quality freshmen.

I didn't watch this game, but from the description of USFMB it's clear that South Florida was destroyed by foul trouble in this game. That, and Gabbi Ortiz woke up and had a career game with 31 points.

Quotable
Head coach Jose Fernandez on the game:
"I knew going into this game how motivated Oklahoma would be. When you go on the road, being a ranked team like we are, the environment and the opponent will be at an all time high."

"We committed 24 fouls as a team and had two guys foul out, which he have not done all season. Things caught up to us as well. The last two games, we've been able to get by disguising some things with us having to play a smaller lineup. Our lack of depth and injuries showed today. Not having Alyssa Rader get cleared was not beneficial to where we are at currently personnel-wise. It was a disappointing road trip on many fronts."

Jespersen Scores 1,000th point at Oklahoma

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Quotable
Head coach Jose Fernandez on the game:

"We committed 24 fouls as a team and had two guys foul out.... Our lack of depth and injuries showed today.
What are you saying-none of the 24 European’s on your team provide depth??? And you needed a transfer from might Northern Arizona to bail you out? :rolleyes:

Again, I had my hopes up that USF would/could live up to its hype and yet again was let down...I am so rooting for UCF, Tulane, SMU and Temple to beat USF.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score

And what makes you think we will not win by 20+? No way Ortiz goes off on us like she did to USF. Ortiz is the one who killed USF.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
And what makes you think we will not win by 20+? No way Ortiz goes off on us like she did to USF. Ortiz is the one who killed USF.
I said I was trying to be nice.

Reaction Score
I was really hoping for a USF win. But somehow or someway USF can't win the games they should be able to win. Come on coach, every game UCONN plays on the road both the environment and the opponents are on an all time high. But if you are the #15 team in the country you have to start winning some of these games. I like Coach Fernandez a lot, but his program needs to start winning these types of games. And lets be honest there were a lot, and I mean a lot of empty seats at this game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom