USF thoughts-is it just me? | The Boneyard

USF thoughts-is it just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Every time Gillen opened his mouth, all I could think of was George Steinbrenner on Seinfeld.
Especially when he was creating his own names for people (Lubin Rakim, calling Terrence," Sam", several others) Once I made the connection to Steinbrenner, listening to him was much more enjoyable.

Reaction Score
Every time Gillen opened his mouth, all I could think of was George Steinbrenner on Seinfeld.
Especially when he was creating his own names for people (Lubin Rakim, calling Terrence," Sam", several others) Once I made the connection to Steinbrenner, listening to him was much more enjoyable.
I'll listen to see if he says we should trade Hamilton to Tyler Chicken in exchange for upgrading the HCC food to an all chicken menu.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
The CBS Sports Network telecasts are just awful. The audio levels were all wrong today -- the commentary was turned way up but you could barely hear the crowd or ambient noise.

That said, I did laugh when Gillen remarked that JC used to beat him like a rented mule.

Reaction Score
Pete Griffin is going for the unprepared, drunk, ghost of Al McGuire sound, without the sense of humor or love of the players. Has he ever watched a UConn practice or spoken with Kevin Ali or the players? Does he know anything that doesn't come from a 3x5 card the sports information director gave him, but that he didn't look at until the first commercial break? Surely that's how he knows Lance Kromah is gone from the NCAA Championship team and that Lubin Rack-Kim came in. Next game, lets ask CBS for Brian Griffin.

Reaction Score
Pete Griffin is going for the unprepared, drunk, ghost of Al McGuire sound, without the sense of humor or love of the players. Has he ever watched a UConn practice or spoken with Kevin Ali or the players? Does he know anything that doesn't come from a 3x5 card the sports information director gave him, but that he didn't look at until the first commercial break? Surely that's how he knows Lance Kromah is gone from the NCAA Championship team and that Lubin Rack-Kim came in. Next game, lets ask CBS for Brian Griffin.
Loved Al McGuire, one of the best ever.

Reaction Score
Well in fairness to him, it was the first UConn game he's ever called right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom