USF on Sunday | The Boneyard

USF on Sunday

Reaction Score
I really like knocking the ticket prices down and getting the buildings full. A good decision by the Athletic Department. Now, with Hurley building interest and the move back to the Big East, next year they've got to get the pricing right where they get the buildings full at roughly the highest revenue point the market will bear.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
The energy that is pouring into this program right now is almost unbelievable. We aren't even truly "back" yet, but the fan base can sense that the corner has been turned. When was the last time a basically .500 team started selling out games towards the end of the season? I don't care what the ticket prices are. This is usually when fans start tuning out if the team isn't winning. There's just something about this group of kids and all that they have been through that this fan base loves. And it doesn't hurt that we have Danny Hurley, aka The Carpenter, in charge of the rebuild. Also doesn't hurt that we have the BE on the horizon. I'm just so happy for everyone involved! I can't make Sunday, but I surely took advantage of those prices to buy my ticket for the Houston game - we need to send CV off properly.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The energy that is pouring into this program right now is almost unbelievable. We aren't even truly "back" yet, but the fan base can sense that the corner has been turned. When was the last time a basically .500 team started selling out games towards the end of the season? I don't care what the ticket prices are. This is usually when fans start tuning out if the team isn't winning. There's just something about this group of kids and all that they have been through that this fan base loves. And it doesn't hurt that we have Danny Hurley, aka The Carpenter, in charge of the rebuild. Also doesn't hurt that we have the BE on the horizon. I'm just so happy for everyone involved! I can't make Sunday, but I surely took advantage of those prices to buy my ticket for the Houston game - we need to send CV off properly.
Step 1: Being Competitive!
Step 2: Winning!

All other factors are a distant third. The potential for a bright future is apparent. So people want to be on board at the beginning. It's the reason wifey and I went to C of C. Let's hope the outcome supports our outlook.

Reaction Score
Going Sun and hope to get ticket for my friend. Need to win tonight to make USF important. EVERY WIN MAKES THE NEXT GAME BIGGER. Want to see us get back to old days.

Reaction Score
I want a huge win. The loss to USF earlier this year is the only reason this team isn’t top 50 right now. Payback time
The heartbreakers to Xavier Houston and nova wudda had us in the top 25-30 if we won prolly top 25

Reaction Score
The heartbreakers to Xavier Houston and nova wudda had us in the top 25-30 if we won prolly top 25
Yeah maybe in the AP, but I meant the algorithmic rankings like Kenpom, which to roughly summarize are based on point differential relative to the expected result. That big USF knocked us down ~15 spots.

Reaction Score
Yeah maybe in the AP, but I meant the algorithmic rankings like Kenpom, which to roughly summarize are based on point differential relative to the expected result. That big USF knocked us down ~15 spots.

do algorithmic ranks like kenpom matter or just NET?

NET should replace the AP and coaches polls at some point in the season, like how the CFP ranking ultimately replaces them during football season. why do we care what these subjective polls say anyways?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
it's beyond dumb that preseason poll rankings matter to the selection committee. do algorithmic ranks like kenpom matter or just NET?

if NET is all that matters it should replace the AP and coaches polls, like how the CFP ranking ultimately replaces them during football season. why do we care what these subjective polls say anyways?

Here's an example of a team sheet the committee might have. All members value different metrics and eye test differently.

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bounce back & “pride” is what I’m looking for in this game. Was at the USF game and they thoroughly embarrassed us. Let’s return the favor

Reaction Score

So a 15 point road loss to USF hurts more than a 9 point home loss to an atrocious St Joe's team? It seems like the St Joe loss should be a worse outcome statistically.

Reaction Score
Bounce back & “pride” is what I’m looking for in this game. Was at the USF game and they thoroughly embarrassed us. Let’s return the favor
I was at that game too. Let’s smack them at home.
do you live in Maryland?

Reaction Score
So a 15 point road loss to USF hurts more than a 9 point home loss to an atrocious St Joe's team? It seems like the St Joe loss should be a worse outcome statistically.
I never said that, and we fell 14 spots in Kenpom ranking both times if that helps.

Reaction Score
I never said that, and we fell 14 spots in Kenpom ranking both times if that helps.

just trying to understand how the algorithm works. It seemed you were implying that the USF loss had a bigger negative effect than the St Joe loss which seemed counter-intuitive. No biggie.

Reaction Score
just trying to understand how the algorithm works. It seemed you were implying that the USF loss had a bigger negative effect than the St Joe loss which seemed counter-intuitive. No biggie.
Well something to keep in mind is that rankings are just based on your offense and defensive efficiencies. So while we probably fell further in those metrics after the St. Joe’s loss, it just happened that we fell below 14 other teams then. The distance between each team isn’t equal.

Haslametrics has a good view of this that I’ll post below. It shows that while both were terrible losses, St. Joe’s was slightly worse. It also shows how a W was still one of our 5 worst games this year in terms of these type of ranking systems.
87569B16-98E7-47A1-83E2-797BA97565DA.jpeg

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I was at USF and they punked us. We looked like boys against men. I live in Tampa but have made the trip to Storrs for the game. It is a bit of a reunion as my nephew is a Senior. I am primed for return of favor!

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Just had surgery on my but looking to buy a seat in row z so can stand behind the bleachers for the whole. Up in the air right now but I'll give you all a .....drumroll..... +1

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom