USF game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

USF game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Personally, I don't know.

IMO, It was atypical of our coach, based on witnessing his practice of NOT running up the score in similar situations in other games.

However, there is rampant speculation in a 14 page thread on the USF message Board, TheBullsPen.

Here is a link to that, if you are interested.

Going for the last second touchdown

I hope it was some kind of personal message. When a coach does that kind of thing on a regular basis they assume the risk of the opposition acting unreasonably . . .

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
I give Taggart credit - I saw a story that he, TJ Weist and Shaun King went to Baylor in the offseason to learn ways to improve the USF offense for this season. And that was coming off a good offensive year in 2015. That offseason trip seems to be paying off so far.

Funny you should mention that. I posted a link to that story on a different thread here, in response to one of your fans complaining about your offense. I suggested he might want to make that known to your coach, who might wish to do the same.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
I hope it was some kind of personal message. When a coach does that kind of thing on a regular basis they assume the risk of the opposition acting unreasonably . . .

Coincidentally, someone on the USF message board discussin our game with UCONN last year, happened to mention "... at the end of the game we did take a few knees inside of the UConn 15 yard line."

Despite the big line in our favor, most USF fans respect UCONN FB and think it will be a tough game once again.

UConn Last Year

Reaction Score
Coincidentally, someone on the USF message board discussin our game with UCONN last year, happened to mention "... at the end of the game we did take a few knees inside of the UConn 15 yard line."

Despite the big line in our favor, most USF fans respect UCONN FB and think it will be a tough game once again.

UConn Last Year

That's a good reminder -- makes me think it was something specific to ECU.

I think we are really going to struggle in Tampa. We stuff the run on the inside well, but it remains to be seen if we pursue well enough to stop your perimeter rushing attack.

Reaction Score
Edge tackling will be crucial and not letting the QB escape repeatedly which means someone will have to be a spy, Levenberry? Our offense can be a big help to the D by sustaining long drives and getting TD's on most of them. Give USF too many chances and they are bound to hit 30.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Edge tackling will be crucial and not letting the QB escape repeatedly which means someone will have to be a spy, Levenberry? Our offense can be a big help to the D by sustaining long drives and getting TD's on most of them. Give USF too many chances and they are bound to hit 30.
This would be a good week to demonstrate the strategy we've been practicing all season can be effective; it'd really help to finish some early drives and play with a lead...

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
This week is about opportunity. Even though the BY expects them to show up and play better than the 17 point line indicates, there is not much of a basis from which to EXPECT a win. If, however, they can grab the bull by the horns (hehe) and steal a surprise, the rest of the season sets up pretty well. Get to eight wins this year and we've got a nice springboard for 2017. So -- Opportunity!

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Diaco just picked UCF because they were a BCS bowl winner at the time. He was shining a light on the team's big win over UCF the season earlier to build their confidence. He was also poking fun at UCF for the loss, which was funny as hell.

This from yesterday's USF practice report (link in your game thread):

No comment,” offensive coordinator T.J. Weist said with a chuckle after being asked if, despite all the close games, UConn may have picked the wrong Florida school to start a rivalry with. Weist was the head coach at UConn for eight games in 2013 after then-head coach Paul Pasqualoni was fired after an 0-4 start. His first game as head coach was a 13-10 loss to USF.

“I think there’s a mutual respect of toughness between the two schools,” Weist said.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Diaco, with a win under his belt, returns to the "our identity is a power running team" philosophy. Or if he lets the offense play like he did lat week.

Reaction Score
I hope not. South Florida has a history of playing a lot of players in the box against us. That 3 3 5 defense will evolve into 6 0 5 defense and our running game will go nowhere. This UConn team does better operating out of its spread formations. Lets stick with what work last week and build on it.

Reaction Score
I hope not. South Florida has a history of playing a lot of players in the box against us. That 3 3 5 defense will evolve into 6 0 5 defense and our running game will go nowhere. This UConn team does better operating out of its spread formations. Lets stick with what work last week and build on it.

Thought the 3-3-5 was specifically designed to counterattack a spread offense?

The 3-3-5 is vulnerable to misdirections, draws and seam routes.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It is but the last few times we played S. Florida, its my recollection that they brought a lot of defenders close to the line of scrimmage. If they stay in a loose 3-3-5 defense then maybe going with our power formations would make sense. I just haven't seen a lot of success with this UConn team going that way. It will be interesting to see what our OC draws up for this game.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
The spread appears to have gone to USF-20. My goodness.

I thought it was absurd at first, but USF has blown every team out of the water besides FSU. Put a beating on Syracuse and Cincinnati

Reaction Score
Is this game not televised? Just did a search on my Comcast app to try and record it and nothing came up.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
They even have an app, so I can watch it while I'm at the wedding of a person I have never met in my life. Thank god for smart phones....or Steve Jobs anyway.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
As usual it was a very close game well into the third quarter.

Considering our four turnovers against your none, as well as more penalties against us, I am surprised we were able to come out with a victory.

Good luck against UCF.

Vegas currently makes them a 2 point favorite.

Sports Betting News and Vegas Odds

I like your chances.

Reaction Score

Considering our four turnovers against your none, as well as more penalties against us, I am surprised we were able to come out with a victory.

Good luck against UCF.

I like your chances.

Good game, congrats. Our D hung in there as long as they could but Flowers and that USF offense is tough to keep down.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score

Good luck against UCF.

I like your chances.
Flowers is an incredible player, you have a fun team to watch. Good luck the rest of the season - hope you guys can get to the championship game.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Flowers is an incredible player, you have a fun team to watch. Good luck the rest of the season - hope you guys can get to the championship game.

Thanks for the kind words.

I hope you win the rest of the year, including a bowl game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom