USF Game @ 3:30 on ESPNU (Updated) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

USF Game @ 3:30 on ESPNU (Updated)

Reaction Score
View attachment 25705
One of the best games at Rent was the USF game with roughly the similar conditions. It was a blast, the worse it got the more rowdy the last 15,000 became. It was miserably wonderful game with Teggart kicking the winning field goal with a few seconds left. Wouldn't mind another just like it.

I put on my winter "game coat" last year and found the ticket for that game in an inside pocket. You could see it had been soaked through and then it dried into a little ball. I got a little misty. What a night.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
View attachment 25705
One of the best games at Rent was the USF game with roughly the similar conditions. It was a blast, the worse it got the more rowdy the last 15,000 became. It was miserably wonderful game with Teggart kicking the winning field goal with a few seconds left. Wouldn't mind another just like it.
I think you make my point for me. That game had the worst weather I can remember and we were losing with 5 seconds to go. That doesn't sound like much of an competitive advantage.

Reaction Score
I think you make my point for me. That game had the worst weather I can remember and we were losing with 5 seconds to go. That doesn't sound like much of an competitive advantage.
Come on man...where's the spirit....we were kicking their rear-ends until they rallied late... they were huddled with their little heaters dejected most the day and they had a pretty potent offense and QB...I thought it was a blast. I wouldn't want to do that every week. It was cold, wet and miserable.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Come on man...where's the spirit....we were kicking their rear-ends until they rallied late... they were huddled with their little heaters dejected most the day and they had a pretty potent offense and QB...I thought it was a blast. I wouldn't want to do that every week. It was cold, wet and miserable.

I remember that game very fondly, it was a blast. Let's not cheapen that memory.

But my point remains, if the conditions were that much of a hindrance, how did they rally to take the lead late?

Reaction Score
That was a miserable weather game but a great finish. The challenges are certainly out there for us to overcome. USF has a record setting 24 games in a row where they've scored 30 points or greater. The next closest team has six. It's our conference mate and upcoming opponent, UCF. BC is looking very good against FLA St. So it all starts tomorrow with Mizzou. Lets beat them and run the table.

Reaction Score
Great. Same time as the hockey game against Vermont (3:35)

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Why? Have you seen the two teams play?

I've watched most of the UConn games and all of the USF games this year.

Your coach has always been able to figure out a way to keep it a close game between our two teams.

Then there is also the weather factor, which won't be in our favor.

Our coach has not shown that he knows how to get the most out of our offense and our defense has worn down in our last two games.

We probably are the favorite, but I don't think it should be more than 14 points.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I've watched most of the UConn games and all of the USF games this year.

Your coach has always been able to figure out a way to keep it a close game between our two teams.

Then there is also the weather factor, which won't be in our favor.

Our coach has not shown that he knows how to get the most out of our offense and our defense has worn down in our last two games.

We probably are the favorite, but I don't think it should be more than 14 points.

Saturday’s forecast is sunny in the mid 50’s. I’d probably just forfeit. The weather disadvantage is too much to overcome.

Good thing a random internet poster believes the market is 9 or so points off from his prediction. Should be able to cover your trip with those easy winnings.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Saturday’s forecast is sunny in the mid 50’s. I’d probably just forfeit. The weather disadvantage is too much to overcome.

Good thing a random internet poster believes the market is 9 or so points off from his prediction. Should be able to cover your trip with those easy winnings.

It's just MY opinion.

What do YOU think the spread should be, considering that you have made it abundantly clear that you do not think Strong is a good head coach?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's just MY opinion.

What do YOU think the spread should be, considering that you have made it abundantly clear that you do not think Strong is a good head coach?

He sucks, but that's baked into the market. I think the spread should be 23 - because I know how things like spreads work.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
He sucks, but that's baked into the market. I think the spread should be 23 - because I know how things like spreads work.

Well the spreads in the last TWO USF games were way off the mark and I think it will be off again this week.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well the spreads in the last TWO USF games were way off the mark and I think it will be off again this week.

Well then shouldn't you be reaping the rewards of that knowledge? Why waste it on us?

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Well then shouldn't you be reaping the rewards of that knowledge? Why waste it on us?

I never bet on or against my team.

I am just curious to see the game prediction thread on this board.

There were some people on our board who picked Houston to win, even though they were a 10 point underdog.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I never bet on or against my team.

I am just curious to see the game prediction thread on this board.

There were some people on our board who picked Houston to win, even though they were a 10 point underdog.

So you don't actually bet but believe your opinion about the line matters when it's 9 points off the market. The false modesty is becoming Mr. Holtz.

Wow - a message board that had dozens of predictions had a couple that were right. You don't say.

I bet we'll have people on this very website predict that USF wins. Others will predict that UConn will win. Come Saturday night - some percentage of them will be right!

Reaction Score
So you don't actually bet but believe your opinion about the line matters when it's 9 points off the market. The false modesty is becoming Mr. Holtz.

Wow - a message board that had dozens of predictions had a couple that were right. You don't say.

I bet we'll have people on this very website predict that USF wins. Others will predict that UConn will win. Come Saturday night - some percentage of them will be right!
You’re feisty tonight!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You’re feisty tonight!

I much prefer the fans of other teams that talk trash rather than garbage like this guy posts. Oh I can't believe the line is 23 - I've watched most of your games (yeah right) and I think it should be 14.

The garbage that UCF and USF pulled during the hurricane was completely bush league. Now that USF is going to the Beef O Brady's bowl - I am rooting for UCF to go undefeated and be left out of the playoff because they ducked Georgia Tech.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom