USF Beats #15 Texas | The Boneyard

USF Beats #15 Texas

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I don't care what anyone says or thinks, I feel for Charlie Collier. Aston is up for contract renewal this year and it looks like she's a goner. Charlie in the between seems to have progressed only just a bit. Just so sad to see such a terrific talent wasted.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I don't care what anyone says or thinks, I feel for Charlie Collier. Aston is up for contract renewal this year and it looks like she's a goner. Charlie in the between seems to have progressed only just a bit. Just so sad to see such a terrific talent wasted.

She's a bad coach IMO but I doubt she's a goner. This wasn't a Holly/Coach P situation where she took a thriving program and decimated it, Texas has improved immensely under Aston even if she regularly underachieves.

JordyG

Reaction Score
She's a bad coach IMO but I doubt she's a goner. This wasn't a Holly/Coach P situation where she took a thriving program and decimated it, Texas has improved immensely under Aston even if she regularly underachieves.
Maybe. But losing to Harvard bodes ill for making the Gala this year. If she fails to make the trip this year, I think the talk will be on.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Maybe. But losing to Harvard bodes ill for making the Gala this year. If she fails to make the trip this year, I think the talk will be on.

Losing to Harvard? Not sure what you're referring to there. If she doesn't make the tourney there'll definitely be talk of her getting fired but I bet she gets another year. The roster is actually pretty darn talented between Collier, Holmes, Higgs and Sutton. Next year they graduate 3 of those players and who knows if Collier sticks around if Texas becomes a dumpster fire.

In regards to C. Collier, she had very similar numbers to ONO a year ago and put up a double double today (11 points and 11 rebounds) so it is way too early to talk about lack of progress at this point.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Texas got outplayed. Aston got out coached.
Shocked that Karen got out coached, shocked I say!
1573270194971.jpeg

JordyG

Reaction Score
Losing to Harvard? Not sure what you're referring to there. If she doesn't make the tourney there'll definitely be talk of her getting fired but I bet she gets another year. The roster is actually pretty darn talented between Collier, Holmes, Higgs and Sutton. Next year they graduate 3 of those players and who knows if Collier sticks around if Texas becomes a dumpster fire.

In regards to C. Collier, she had very similar numbers to ONO a year ago and put up a double double today (11 points and 11 rebounds) so it is way too early to talk about lack of progress at this point.
Sorry. I mean losing to USF.

Reaction Score
Collier does seem a tad bit overrated, she could really stroke it from deep in high school, but hasn’t displayed that at Texas, she has a game similar to Karl Anthony Towns, would have loved to see her develop at UConn, oh well on to Deberry. I think Aston could be on the hot seat, they don’t have a strong 2020 class coming in, so if she can’t get it done with this years team, next year could be a long one for the Whorns

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
This game was actually a pretty big mismatch, not between the two teams, but between the HC’s. Jose is an outstanding coach. It would be really interesting to see what he could do with a top 5 recruiting class or two. On the other hand, Coach Austin is...well...never mind....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom