USF at UConn ESPN Announcers tomorrow night | The Boneyard

USF at UConn ESPN Announcers tomorrow night

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
As announced during the MS State @ KY game, #50 and Andy Landers will be in the studio with Beth Mowins and Debbie Antonelli on the call.

Reaction Score
The same Beth Mowins in the Baylor/Texas game that Baylor should be #1 seed because Uconn only beat Texas by 4.......guess the scores involving UCLA didn’t count since they didn’t happen in the State of Texas. HEE HAW

Reaction Score
Always thought so too. Expect if Lou meets ND in ACC final winner stays a 1 looser drop to a 2 & Baylor becomes a 1

Reaction Score
Strength of schedule matters. Baylor doesn't have it and ND does! I'm not a ND fan but they and Louisvlle took on tough competition and they deserve to be rewarded for it! Baylor only deserves a 2 seed in my opinion.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Strength of schedule matters. Baylor doesn't have it and ND does! I'm not a ND fan but they and Louisvlle took on tough competition and they deserve to be rewarded for it! Baylor only deserves a 2 seed in my opinion.
I believe that you might be posting to the wrong thread

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Although Mowins' reasoning may not be sound I agree with her that Baylor should be a #1 seed.
Always thought so too. Expect if Lou meets ND in ACC final winner stays a 1 looser drop to a 2 & Baylor becomes a 1
I think that depends if Lou wins, how does the committee view NDs toughest SOS and 3 losses to BUs 1 loss but #9 SOS. If history and conviction of the Committee truly mean anything, BU stays a #2. If ND wins, Lou becomes #2 in Lex and BU goes there as#1

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
As announced during the MS State @ KY game, #50 and Andy Landers will be in the studio with Beth Mowins and Debbie Antonelli on the call.

Well, there’s good news in that and news not as good. They aren’t as digressive as some of their colleagues, so there’s an advantage. But, Antonelli is a bit too self-important for my tastes, and Mowins gets into her whiney male-imitative bleating at the drop of a hat - or free throw. She can be very good when she’s just being herself and a little less emotionally involved. But opinions vary. I love her calls of college softball.

Solution: synch up the TV with the radio, and let Bob handle it.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
If Mowens is calling the game, I'll be watching it with the sound off!!!

Give me Megan Culmo or Rebecca Lobo any day!!!
Mowins does the play by play, not the analysis. Apples and oranges...:)

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Well, there’s good news in that and news not as good. They aren’t as digressive as some of their colleagues, so there’s an advantage. But, Antonelli is a bit too self-important for my tastes, and Mowins gets into her whiney male-imitative bleating at the drop of a hat - or free throw. She can be very good when she’s just being herself and a little less emotionally involved. But opinions vary. I love her calls of college softball.

Solution: synch up the TV with the radio, and let Bob handle it.
Same here...
Antonelli is too much of a Wilson fan IMO to be objective. But, I am guessing that she may be gushing over Lou tomorrow night as she has to gush over someone it seems. I wonder if she does whether she will mention NPOY as Wilson has been her pick all season long...

Reaction Score
When the changes were announced I said that I would miss Dave O'Brien and Doris Burke. However, the haters were glad to see them go. Dave's voice always made the game exciting, and Doris knows a lot about basketball. They weren't perfect, but they were interesting and entertaining. I miss you Doris and Dave.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
When the changes were announced I said that I would miss Dave O'Brien and Doris Burke. However, the haters were glad to see them go. Dave's voice always made the game exciting, and Doris knows a lot about basketball. They weren't perfect, but they were interesting and entertaining. I miss you Doris and Dave.

Say what one might, Doris Burke was elected to the basketball hall of fame in 2018 as the Curt Gowdy award recipient. Dave O’Brien is a major league broadcaster. I’ve never quite understood some of the sniping from the BY, as both seemed to be respectful of UConn.

Burke’s rebuke of Muffet and her statements about “loss of class at the top of the game” was a classic. Oh well.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Guess I’m a hater cause I can’t stand O’brien Doing any game or sport

That’s certainly your right. Everything in the entertainment industry plays to mixed reviews.

Reaction Score
Antonelli on Dangerfield after a wicked pass in transition: "She has mastered what I call the 3 W's [EVERYONE TOGETHER NOW]: who to get the ball to, when, and where."
Antonelli on Lou after she hits her third 3: [EVERYONE TOGETHER NOW] "Shoot 'til your arms fall off!"

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Guess I’m a hater cause I can’t stand O’brien Doing any game or sport
He's got a great voice, but after they used him during the FIFA World Cup and he did such a horrible job (wasn't really his fault, he doesn't know anything about the sport), anytime I hear his voice it just brings back the nightmare.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
He's got a great voice, but after they used him during the FIFA World Cup and he did such a horrible job (wasn't really his fault, he doesn't know anything about the sport), anytime I hear his voice it just brings back the nightmare.

Soccer is deceptively hard to do. I did soccer on radio, and it was definitely a challenge. Doing it from field level made it even tougher. Being able to recognize and separate strategic play from random actions is really tough, even if you’ve played the game - which I have not. I never felt that I did a really good job with the sport.

On TV, you just let the video do most of the work; you speak in short phrases and generally just follow the ball. Use back-passing gaps for color comments.

It’s a shame that there are so few good soccer voices in the U.S. I like J.P. Delacamera, who is all-around excellent. Ian Darke is a pain in the posterior. If I ruled the soccer realm, I’d consign the Brits to the studio - at the most. The way to grow soccer in the U.S., I believe, is to stop emulating things European and give the game an American style and tone.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom