USF 3.5 million assistant coach salary pool | The Boneyard

USF 3.5 million assistant coach salary pool

Reaction Score
The assistant coach salary pool is about the same as what was written in Charlie Strong’s contract. It helps to have a bitter rival just down the road that is having historic success (UCF) to motivate a school to up its investment to compete.

Reaction Score
Why is this food for thought?
Make of it what you will. This is a school we should be competing against for players and coaches. We have to see after FB gets a TV deal where are numbers are. You can't claim you're trying to compete paying your HC 1 million and your assistants half of what UCF and USF are paying. I get we are in a transition period but there is no way those schools are financially doing that much better than UConn. If they are there is something very wrong.

Reaction Score
I don’t think anyone disputes UCONN assistant coach salary pool is pitiful.

Reaction Score
It’s amazing - 3.5MM per year for the coach of a G5 directional school with a 7MM tv contract that nets you 5.5MM for all sports. USF should have a real hard time if Scott doesn’t pan out.
You realize the TV contract is just one tiny piece of a university's revenue right?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
You realize the TV contract is just one tiny piece of a university's revenue right?
Of course. ....but its not a tiny source.

Reaction Score
Make of it what you will. This is a school we should be competing against for players and coaches. We have to see after FB gets a TV deal where are numbers are. You can't claim you're trying to compete paying your HC 1 million and your assistants half of what UCF and USF are paying. I get we are in a transition period but there is no way those schools are financially doing that much better than UConn. If they are there is something very wrong.

Sadly, UConn is a body bag game for them now. They're not competing at the same level anymore.

Reaction Score
Research grants have absolutely nothing to do with football funding
True. It does create a lot of dollar flow though. UConn is ranked about 80th in research dollars, whereas Rutgers is 30th and Buffalo is 50th. USF is in the 40s. Go figure. Susie LAX was focused on this but I don’t think she had any real impact.

Reaction Score
True. It does create a lot of dollar flow though. UConn is ranked about 80th in research dollars, whereas Rutgers is 30th and Buffalo is 50th. USF is in the 40s. Go figure. Susie LAX was focused on this but I don’t think she had any real impact.
Dollar flow is only important in getting UConn into the AAU which now appears impossible.

Reaction Score
Dollar flow is only important in getting UConn into the AAU which now appears impossible.
There's a lot of competition in the area for research money.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom