User Interface v. Old Man Yelling | The Boneyard

User Interface v. Old Man Yelling

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Not sure which it is but it annoys the crap out of in 2019 Uconn's website doesn't put broadcast information on the header for the current game. Yes, I can spend a solid 1.36 seconds and scroll down in to the season-long schedule and see how I can watch game today.
From a user interface they still fail the basics of what to put on the primary screen for users interacting with information.

Screenshot_20191222-072043.png

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
What annoys the hell out me is I no longer get SNY on Spectrum here in Clearwater, I have to watch the game on ESPN3 stream (boy am I glad we are leaving AAC) and my wife scheduled a trip to the Dali Museum with our Grandkids for this afternoon!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not sure which it is but it annoys the crap out of in 2019 Uconn's website doesn't put broadcast information on the header for the current game. Yes, I can spend a solid 1.36 seconds and scroll down in to the season-long schedule and see how I can watch game today.
From a user interface they still fail the basics of what to put on the primary screen for users interacting with information.

View attachment 49342
Okay boomer.

Reaction Score
What annoys the hell out me is I no longer get SNY on Spectrum here in Clearwater, I have to watch the game on ESPN3 stream (boy am I glad we are leaving AAC) and my wife scheduled a trip to the Dali Museum with our Grandkids for this afternoon!
i have spectrum and the games have been broadcasted on ESPN College Extra, just a group of channels that show random games. Maybe you have to have a certain package to get them, but it works for me so maybe it will for you?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Okay boomer.

The funny part is it seems like a Boomer designed the page.

A youngin' would figure out how to to fit
Who: Opponent
Where: Location
When: Time
How: TV, Radio, Stream (Bonus if you include hyperlinks).

All on top of a page without scrolling.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The funny part is it seems like a Boomer designed the page.

A youngin' would figure out how to to fit
Who: Opponent
Where: Location
When: Time
How: TV, Radio, Stream (Bonus if you include hyperlinks).

All on top of a page without scrolling.
Oh I’m in 100% agreement about the functionality of the page. It’s just dumb. I just saw an opportunity for a retaliatory “OK Boomer” and jumped on it.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Different than this but the most annoying thing on the internet is how the NCAA website interacts with google. If you google the teams playing typically the score comes right up but when you click on that you are taken to the NCAA homepage not the specific page for that game. Drives me crazy. Mostly just mad at myself for always expecting it to be different.

Reaction Score
Have to say, one of the most intriquing titles to a thread ever. How could you not open this up ?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Watching the game on the ESPN app. You want to criticize something use this app. Don’t get me wrong I’m grateful to be getting the game. You just have to scroll through a lot of stuff you have no interest with to find what you are looking for.

The tv app is not bad but the phone app is bonkers. Anyone with ADD beware.

Reaction Score
Watching the game on the ESPN app. You want to criticize something use this app. Don’t get me wrong I’m grateful to be getting the game. You just have to scroll through a lot of stuff you have no interest with to find what you are looking for.

There's a search function in the upper left hand corner. Just type in "UConn" and the game comes up. No need to scroll through all the stuff to find the game.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Oh I’m in 100% agreement about the functionality of the page. It’s just dumb. I just saw an opportunity for a retaliatory “OK Boomer” and jumped on it.

OK Boomer. Got some dad jokes?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I got stuck having to watch St Pete game on my cell phone. Between YouTube TV, Watch ESPN App and ESPN app it took me almost 20 minutes to figure out how to log on to that game. Very irritating.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I got stuck having to watch St Pete game on my cell phone. Between YouTube TV, Watch ESPN App and ESPN app it took me almost 20 minutes to figure out how to log on to that game. Very irritating.
Like a coach in December, with too many players to choose from before tightening up the lineup.

Reaction Score
How come with the “Old man yelling” piece in the title I’m afraid to post on this thread? :eek:

Reaction Score
What I dont like is how far behind ESPN3 is. Plays are talked about in chat room before I see them - can't wait till we are done with SNY so I can just watch. I get all the other channels

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom