Use your imagination ... HOFSTRA | The Boneyard

Use your imagination ... HOFSTRA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Let's just say Hofstra ... as a University with a Football team ... chose to raise to FBS level in 1995 like USF. They could be piss-poor (like ... say Rutgers). Struggle struggle struggle. Finally have a few bowl type years in a modest conference.

Yet ... today ... they would find out that they are in the MIDST of all these Cable eyeballs. Voila ... they are worth being in the B1G or ACC consideration.

Crazy f----ing world.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Hofstra, BU, Villanova, Tulane... same difference.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Let's just say Hofstra ... as a University with a Football team ... chose to raise to FBS level in 1995 like USF. They could be piss-poor (like ... say Rutgers). Struggle struggle struggle. Finally have a few bowl type years in a modest conference.

Yet ... today ... they would find out that they are in the MIDST of all these Cable eyeballs. Voila ... they are worth being in the B1G or ACC consideration.

Crazy f----ing world.

i hear u pudge. and while they may not have a huge fanbase at this point if they did this, the potential in the market for other fanbases to visit for games would be worth it alone. just watch, they are a aau school thats going to beg the b10 for associate membership in 1 sport soon. who knows if they even get a call back, but they will try.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Hofstra, BU, Villanova, Tulane... same difference.

is nova aau? if so i didn't know or are they atleast high research and could be down the road?

Reaction Score
I never understood why the NY State college system never tried to do big time athletics There are some great schools there

junglehusky

Reaction Score
I never understood why the NY State college system never tried to do big time athletics There are some great schools there
That's the real "What coulda been"... SUNY has 4 flagships, imagine if they were all rolled into one campus, say Albany. It'd be bigger than Penn State. Also recall back in the day CCNY was a bigtime hoops player before they had a gambling (point shaving?) scandal and basically shut down athletics.

Reaction Score
New York State does not have Division One sports because ... the system is very new relative to other Higher Ed.

All the campuses really boomed in the 1960s with Nelson Rockefeller. They are in a new mini-boom since 2000. The four main University Centers (and I teach at one) are just now edging into Bigtime Sports ... with Buffalo in the lead as a MAC conference member. Fanbase?

Can this affect Syracuse? Sure.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
is nova aau? if so i didn't know or are they atleast high research and could be down the road?
I meant, well-regarded academics schools in large markets that don't necessarily draw all the eyeballs. I think Tulane is a longterm project for Aresco, and the other institutions would be likewise if they kept / upgraded football. I think Nova is more akin to BC in terms of research - very little (though what little they have is probably good quality), and overshadowed by other institutions in their city (Boston - BU, MIT, Harvard, Tufts; Philly - Temple, Penn, Thomas Jefferson, MCP-Hahneman, Drexel).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom