USC starting to gel for Cynthia Cooper?? | The Boneyard

USC starting to gel for Cynthia Cooper??

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Just watched USC knock off #19 California 77-70.

The Trojans are now 7-1 in Pac12 with wins over UCLA and now Cal.

Stanford up next. I don't expect them to beat Stanford, but is Cynthia Cooper finally getting all those McDonald's All Americans that Michael Cooper recruited on the right track?

They had some bad losses early but looked pretty good tonight. Happy for Coach Cooper.

USC has the talent and some good players. Not sure anyone picked them to be #2 in the conference.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Coach Coop has also picked up some nice recruits next year too.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
The key is: will she stay and can she build a five year recruiting plan.

Some grumbling about "how she speaks to players," but dunno how much of that is true.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Stanford's finally got a bit of a lead over UCLA, 55-47 with 10 inutes to go.
Nothing's easy this season except you know who.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
The key is: will she stay and can she build a five year recruiting plan.

Some grumbling about "how she speaks to players," but dunno how much of that is true.

I think she will stay at USC. I mean she has always said that it was her dream job. I don't see her going anywhere else. But yes, recruiting will be key....can she battle with Cal, and Stanford, & UCLA for those in-state kids? We'll see.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Just watched USC knock off #19 California 77-70.

The Trojans are now 7-1 in Pac12 with wins over UCLA and now Cal.

Stanford up next. I don't expect them to beat Stanford, but is Cynthia Cooper finally getting all those McDonald's All Americans that Michael Cooper recruited on the right track?

They had some bad losses early but looked pretty good tonight. Happy for Coach Cooper.

USC has the talent and some good players. Not sure anyone picked them to be #2 in the conference.

Whatever was said in the locker room in the Trojans game against Hawaii back on December 21st, I would love to know. They were lethargic in the first half of that game and trailed 33-23 at the break. They came out for the 2nd half and beat Hawaii 66-55. They are 9-1 since and their only loss was in OT to ranked ASU @ASU. They beat Colorado who was 10-1 and ranked at that time, and now beat Cal(ranked 19) @Berkeley.
The Women of Troy(WOT) have losses to South Carolina(17-2),, Oklahoma State(17-1), ASU(16-3), Iowa(15-5) and St Marys(16-3), all respectable teams.One bad loss to CS Northridge(ugh).
I actually think,, right now, they are a better "team" than Stanford. However that doesnt mean they will win on Monday night @ Stanford(9pmEST ESPN2). Just play well, and I hope Chiney gets 3 fouls in the first 5 minutes.:rolleyes:
USC is a deep team for the first time in several years.
Fight On!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The Colorado ranking was a little spurious I think - they went 10-1 OOC but lost to the only decent team they played and they are 2-5 now with their only wins against 0-7 Ariz and slightly better UCLA. And I wouldn't read too much into the Cal win either - they have been struggling quite a bit this year. That said, it was a good win and from utter disappointment in recent years they do seem to be playing much better. Just think with Cal falling back the Pac is not a very sound measuring stick.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
The resurgence and/or build up of the California programs will impact UConn's recruiting as well. Geno has had success getting a few of the elite California players to come east. If most now decide to stay In-State to go to Cal/UCLA/USC and Stanford for the few that would qualify, that will make it more difficult for Geno. Not only will UConn be impacted so will most of the other Top Programs that have had success in recruiting in California.

Eight of the 12 Top 100 2014 Recruits from California decided to stay In-State. Used Hoopgurlz Top 100 for 2014

Last edited:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Tougher maybe, impossible never. Playing for Geno is a unique opportunity for an elite athlete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom