USC @ Oregon St. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

USC @ Oregon St.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
The game before Ruthie Hebard said Simon was mouthing off all game and is significantly stronger than Ruthie but Ruthie just blocked it out. She also said she didnt want to get in a fight with her mother in the stands because she would be mad at Ruthie. I watched the USC OR St game and Simon fouled out with about 3 minutes left pushing a player onto the floor who had position. It was a silly unnecessary foul for a fifth foul. She definitely had attitude leaving the court but I sure hope the racial slur didn't happen

Simon gave an arm bar shove to Hebard's back in the first half of their game at UO on Friday night. None of the refs saw it.
Simon also has issues. My friend wrote an article about her, and the problems she had from HS and on. After the season is over it can be a scary world out there for a graduate, especially to someone who will lose their comfort zone they have had for the past 4 years at USC. I wish her the best.
USC’s Kristen Simon breaks through for a break out

Reaction Score
The game before Ruthie Hebard said Simon was mouthing off all game and is significantly stronger than Ruthie but Ruthie just blocked it out. She also said she didnt want to get in a fight with her mother in the stands because she would be mad at Ruthie. I watched the USC OR St game and Simon fouled out with about 3 minutes left pushing a player onto the floor who had position. It was a silly unnecessary foul for a fifth foul. She definitely had attitude leaving the court but I sure hope the racial slur didn't happen
Simon hurt her team with that ridiculous 5th foul. Simon, with both arms, shoved Kat Tudor to the floor, right in front of the ref. Talk about losing it! This kid has mega talent, but her mental state needs some polishing. USC was very much in the game when Simon decided to throw down Kat Tudor (for getting great rebounding position and blocking out Simon).

Reaction Score
BTW, the coach for USC has done an incredible job. He has a bunch of great athletes, who have raw talent, and has found a way to get these kids to play hard for 4 quarters. I really believe USC will be a bracket buster if they get in to the NCAA Tournament. I know that nobody wants USC in their bracket in the PAC12 Tournament. They are darn good.

Reaction Score
If that happened, then I am embarrassed for OSU fan base. That is an aberration, as OSU fans are generally very respectful of the other team, their coaches, and the other team's fans.
Don’t like saying it but some of those people in small towns in Oregon are racist. That was 15 years ago though when I noticed it.

Reaction Score
BTW, the coach for USC has done an incredible job. He has a bunch of great athletes, who have raw talent, and has found a way to get these kids to play hard for 4 quarters. I really believe USC will be a bracket buster if they get in to the NCAA Tournament. I know that nobody wants USC in their bracket in the PAC12 Tournament. They are darn good.

That USC coach is terrific. USC just has no shooters but they are a fun team to watch and rarely get blown out. Cal was the team no one wanted to face in the PAC 12 tourney last year and they had a nice run.

Reaction Score
Simon gave an arm bar shove to Hebard's back in the first half of their game at UO on Friday night. None of the refs saw it.
Simon also has issues. My friend wrote an article about her, and the problems she had from HS and on. After the season is over it can be a scary world out there for a graduate, especially to someone who will lose their comfort zone they have had for the past 4 years at USC. I wish her the best.
USC’s Kristen Simon breaks through for a break out
That’s a good point. I remember how college served as a little security zone for me and what an adjustment the real world was for two years

Reaction Score
Don’t like saying it but some of those people in small towns in Oregon are racist. That was 15 years ago though when I noticed it.
I don't doubt that you observed this when you were 15. I believe racism (unfortunately) exists everywhere in this world. It is too bad too, as these are kids, who love to play basketball, and have different ways of expressing themselves. Fans forget that, and they shouldn't.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Several former OSU players were in attendance yesterday. I recognized Sydney Wiese and Deven Hunter. I think I heard the announcers say Ali Gibson. There were 2 more I didn't recognize.

Reaction Score
The large town in Oregon certainly has a reputation for that.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I remember a former Portland Trail Blazer (can't remember which one) going off on a rant about hick racists in Southern Oregon, this was probably 15 or 20 years ago. I grew up about an hour east of Portland. I may have been oblivious, but I wasn't aware of Portland or Oregon in general having a particular reputation for racism. I'm sure you can go to any state, and many cities and towns within each state, and find some racists.

Reaction Score
I remember a former Portland Trail Blazer (can't remember which one) going off on a rant about hick racists in Southern Oregon, this was probably 15 or 20 years ago. I grew up about an hour east of Portland. I may have been oblivious, but I wasn't aware of Portland or Oregon in general having a particular reputation for racism. I'm sure you can go to any state, and many cities and towns within each state, and find some racists.
The Racist History of Portland, the Whitest City in America

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
That article makes me sad. I guess I was oblivious growing up, had no idea about any of that.

Reaction Score
That article makes me sad. I guess I was oblivious growing up, had no idea about any of that.
You’re not alone. I grew up in a somewhat sheltered suburb west of Boston and had no clue about how racist and polarized Boston had been until I moved away.

Reaction Score
You’re not alone. I grew up in a somewhat sheltered suburb west of Boston and had no clue about how racist and polarized Boston had been until I moved away.
Ditto here, only it was a small town in Oklahoma.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom