USA wraps up Naval Academy training | The Boneyard

USA wraps up Naval Academy training

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Breanna Stewart (University of Connecticut)

Today was the first day that you went 5-on- 5, how did that feel?

I felt like the first game we played was a little rough. I think we were a little all too excited, I mean, that was the first time we have really scrimmaged this whole time. Once we settle in and especially the second game, we cut it a lot closer we had the lead for the majority of the game. So that makes us feel better going into the game tomorrow. Just to be able to get some kind of chemistry with your team obviously that makes you feel more comfortable and confident when you go out there tomorrow.

What did you do well and did you feel you need to work on?

What I feel like I did well, I feel like I was trying to keep moving on offense. That is the one thing that has been instilled in me at UConn - keep moving – because it makes it harder for the defense. And I think that Sue is a vet and she did a great job leading the team today. Whenever we seemed to be struggling she brought us all in together, talked to us and kind of calmed us down. I think that to finish the way we did, that is a good start for us for tomorrow

What can fans expect from tomorrow’s scrimmage?

I think fans should be looking for a good game. Obviously the committee split the teams up for a reason and to create some good matchups and that hopefully the White Team can pull out the win.

LINK

Reaction Score
I am going to the game tomorrow and if schedule permits will get down there for the "Chalk Talk" with Geno that starts at 1pm. Delighted that the First State gets to host first game and hope the attendance is good. It would be a sell out if EDD was playing.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Read what Stewie said. Read it carefully. That is why Sue will make the team, lead them, get 2 more FIBA gold medals in 2014 and 2016, and be a great coach for some team. Hopefully, it will be our team. She is a future Naismith inductee.

G

genosguy

Nice article on the kids camp as well:
http://www.usab.com/news-events/new...-members-teach-skills-to-annapolis-youth.aspx

PS - think someone is going to track down that mother who said her daughter wanted to play for Geno and file another complaint? :)
Don't worry someone will put the complaint for you!!! I think Jen Rozzitti, or Doug Bruno or Christine Dailey or Shea will protest the VIOLATION!!! I tried to do it today, but they said I couldn't give my name--shucks, what's the point if the press doesn't get MY NAME??

G

genosguy

Read what Stewie said. Read it carefully. That is why Sue will make the team, lead them, get 2 more FIBA gold medals in 2014 and 2016, and be a great coach for some team. Hopefully, it will be our team. She is a future Naismith inductee.
Wasn't that the most telling comment---SUE TOOK CHARGE and controlled the team--that's my Christ the King lady, she hasn't changed a bit, to me the best point guard in the WORLD--and a lot of Europe agrees with me.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Wasn't that the most telling comment---SUE TOOK CHARGE and controlled the team--that's my Christ the King lady, she hasn't changed a bit, to me the best point guard in the WORLD--and a lot of Europe agrees with me.
Exactly. Sue brings leadership. Maybe even more than Diana. Oh, by the way, she can still play. And make clutch shots.

Reaction Score
Practice at the Bob.JPG
how many unconn players can you find in this photo from today's practice? LOTS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom