USA Wins 74-70 in OT Wins the U19 Gold Medal. | The Boneyard

USA Wins 74-70 in OT Wins the U19 Gold Medal.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
The Unsportsmanship Foul was a huge call. Without that call USA probably loses the game in Regulation.

Don't like that Temery ended the thread with 3 minutes left in OT. That was uncalled for during the Off Season.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I didn't know the game only had a few minutes, and sorry, but I don't care.

Game threads are too difficult to moderate, too difficult to follow, the constant reloading of the page causes problems, and they're stupid.

I fully understand some new users don't under this, but none of those in this thread are new users, including you.

Please use the chat.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Paige. Start making more room on your bookshelf.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I didn't know the game only had a few minutes, and sorry, but I don't care.

Game threads are too difficult to moderate, too difficult to follow, the constant reloading of the page causes problems, and they're stupid.

I fully understand some new users don't under this, but none of those in this thread are new users, including you.

Please use the chat.

I personally enjoy the chaos and disjointedness of the chat!!! It's so great!!!

OBTW:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Having a good watch to get to practice on time is fundamental:

I wonder if she'll play that watch trick on Geno?

Last edited:

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I think my post go deleted before for some reason, but I'll ask again- is there any way to read old chats for games? (i.e., the mid-game color commentary of Boneyard users.) Thanks!

Yes. I'll look into it before the season begins.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Interviews and Commentary by Mike Flynn. Agree with Mike that talent on all teams seemed down.

Shooting was poor on most teams and too many teams were relying on physical play to get points. Disappointing that some College coaches wouldn't let their players participate. It would be interesting to know which players turn down the opportunity to play.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
IMO, Waltz's coaching can be questionable sometimes. If Belgium and Australia were coached by Geno (With all due respect to these teams's respective coaches), the USA would of lost both games.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Whoever the Australia team's coach is, he/she is sensational! The Aussies played like a Coach Geno team! Very, very impressed. For most of the game, it appeared that Walz was outcoached.

Maybe so (or maybe they just have more time together than the US team?) but got to give props to Walz for the out of bounds alley oop play from Paige to Hailey to tie in end of regulation.

Listening to both in the miked up time outs, I thought both sides were coaching at a high level. Much more than the average coach speak.

Reaction Score
Since there are many ways and times to watch games I never look at Boneyard until I do.

Reaction Score
I understand UConn has no interest in her, heavy at her position I guess and everyone wants a big, but Caitlin Clark is going to be a force in college. A smart major will grab her, no matter their roster.

Reaction Score
Yes. I'll look into it before the season begins.
No need to rush---The post season has ended and the preseason hasn't begun. Take your time. Relax, enjoy the views; lots of videos to watch, enjoy!! life is too long

Reaction Score
I personally enjoy the chaos and disjointedness of the chat!!! It's so great!!!

OBTW:

@RockyMTblue2
I enjoy the NEW words I learn on the Chat--I never knew there were so many ways to insult your friends and fellow fans--go figure, is that really your idea of FUN????

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
No need to rush---The post season has ended and the preseason hasn't begun. Take your time. Relax, enjoy the views; lots of videos to watch, enjoy!! life is too long

Do we need an intervention? :eek:

Reaction Score
Whoever the Australia team's coach is, he/she is sensational! The Aussies played like a Coach Geno team! Very, very impressed. For most of the game, it appeared that Walz was outcoached.

With rare exception I think that's his default setting. The team sure didn't look like it was well coached.

Reaction Score
This was a pretty competitive U19 pool. Australia, Belgium, and Spain all had some serious talent -- even Germany did.

I didn't watch the game, but I did watch the highlight film (10:00 long, so it covered a god chunk of the game), and it wasn't impressive play by the USA by any means. Looking back at the pool of players, I was a little shocked at some of the players Brink made it over. I have a hard time believing Liz Dixon, Elissa Cunane, Shakira Austin, Maori Davenport, etc. would not have had bigger impacts than Brink -- no knock on Brink, those players are just older, stronger, and more experienced.

Of course, they were missing some really, really quality players: Fudd, Horston, Williams, Nelson-Ododa, Prince, etc.

I think there is a possibility a second team could have been created and maybe have even given the gold-medal squad a run for their money, especially if the second team was coached by Geno :D

--
Well, onto U17 and U18 next year! U18 championship game could be competitive depending on who Canada brings.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom