USA vs. France game thread- spoiler | Page 6 | The Boneyard

USA vs. France game thread- spoiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Ends up an easy win for Team USA, even though they didn't play their best. Team USA played great defense in the 2nd half. Too much talent. If Team USA fielded another team, that team would have played for the Gold.

Its a shame Australia wasn't in the Gold Medal game and probably would have been if Penny Taylor wasn't injured.

Will DT be able to talk Sue into going to Rio? I'm sure DT will be there, not sure if Sue or Catchings will.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Love the W and the gold. hated the fact that the commentaters just talked tater - and forgot to call the game...and the commercial during what we were told was an unsportsmanlike foul and shots? Inexcusible. Seriously, what the hell is the matter with these folks? Don't they realize that people actually watch the game and could care less about hearing these storied for the umpteenth time.

Rant over

Reaction Score
They are going to show the medal ceremony, I hope - all this other garbage is making me nervous again.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Interviewer: "Do you feel sorry for Australia?" (Never winning gold).

Dee: "No. I don't feel sorry for anyone. I came here to win the gold."

Reaction Score
[ Don't they realize that people actually watch the game and could care less about hearing these storied for the umpteenth time.

Rant over[/quote]
I think they aim their coverage at people who have never watched a women's bb game before - they assume no one is interested in anything other than one game every 4 years, when the US plays for Olympic gold. Or they are paid by the word.

Reaction Score
I guess they wont be showing the medal ceremony. Maybe they will save it for prime time coverage and an awkward Bob Costas interview?

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
[ Don't they realize that people actually watch the game and could care less about hearing these storied for the umpteenth time.

Rant over
I think they aim their coverage at people who have never watched a women's bb game before - they assume no one is interested in anything other than one game every 4 years, when the US plays for Olympic gold. Or they are paid by the word.[/quote]

Not buying it....how else is anyone going to know the game or the players unless they call the game. Seriously

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I guess they wont be showing the medal ceremony. Maybe they will save it for prime time coverage and an awkward Bob Costas interview?

PLease....it's the 5th gold medal in a row. they have to show it, and Live would be the right thing to do...and here it comes

Reaction Score
Yes! Medal ceremony! Or at least part of it - FR getting theirs now - AUS already has theirs. But Ann Meyers is babbling.

Reaction Score
Seimone looks about 12. So happy to see Tina and Maya - Swin very emotional too.

Reaction Score
Thank goodness they are in national flag blue and not that strangely un-USA battleship gray like the swimmers and gymnasts!

Reaction Score
Tina! Just think about what she's done in the last few years - from CTK in NY to nat'l championships, to the White House a couple of times, and now this - so cool!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom