USA vs Australia Game Articles | The Boneyard

USA vs Australia Game Articles

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
"Player of the game: It didn't look like it in the first half, but center Tina Charles really came through for the Americans. She led the interior defensive effort that tightened considerably after the break. And she finished with 14 points, 10 rebounds and four assists."

My thoughts exactly. AJ was great, too, and I thought that Seimone played some serious defense out there. To win this game we needed everyone@ But Tina was so tough in that second half....and what she did would not show up in the box, but boy did it make an impression on me. Go Tina!! Go USA!!!!!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
A Geno sighting at today's game. Milford, can you confirm Geno's attendance?

350x.jpg
favicon.png
Getty Images 9 hours ago
US coach Geno Auriemma attends the London 2012 Olympic Games women's semifinal basketball match bewteen Australia and the US at the North Greenwich Arena in London on August 9, 2012.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
"Player of the game: It didn't look like it in the first half, but center Tina Charles really came through for the Americans. She led the interior defensive effort that tightened considerably after the break. And she finished with 14 points, 10 rebounds and four assists."

My thoughts exactly. AJ was great, too, and I thought that Seimone played some serious defense out there. To win this game we needed everyone@ But Tina was so tough in that second half....and what she did would not show up in the box, but boy did it make an impression on me. Go Tina!! Go USA!!!!!

It was rough in there! Early in the 2nd, Tina basically threw Cambage to the floor on one play (Liz was off-balance so she contributed to her own fall) and LJ was continually shoving people all over the court. I thought of that Geno quote about her nice parents....:D

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
A Geno sighting at today's game. Milford, can you confirm Geno's attendance?

350x.jpg
favicon.png
Getty Images 9 hours ago
US coach Geno Auriemma attends the London 2012 Olympic Games women's semifinal basketball match bewteen Australia and the US at the North Greenwich Arena in London on August 9, 2012.
Yeah, he had a front row seat. I think he was a little antsy, because he kept walking back and forth. And waving his arms.

I'll post pics when I get back. I forgot to pack my USB cable for the camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom