USA vs. Australia basketball Olympic semis | The Boneyard

USA vs. Australia basketball Olympic semis

Reaction Score
I'm in Japan, so I can't say for sure, but I got the impression that NBC was basically doing tape delay for all the most popular events.

Reaction Score
I'm in Japan, so I can't say for sure, but I got the impression that NBC was basically doing tape delay for all the most popular events.
It's only being shown on NBC Peacock, US is getting worked. Probably not worth staying up for. Zzz

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
US clawed back to a 3 pt deficit at half. Alot of it is Australia's shooting from 3 coming back to earth but the US 3 pt shooting is really poor. Pressure getting to them and with Durant missing from 3, their safety blanket was not available. Expect that to change in 2nd half

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Up 18 with 5 min to go. Holiday just blew two point blank layups. Weird.

Reaction Score
Down 15 in 2nd, to up 19 at end of 3rd. Wish I could have watched it. Maybe Sunday.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
With 3:59 looks like the Aussies have conceded. Just put their young bulls in.

Reaction Score
If an event is on Peacock Premium, go to Bilasport.com. I got the game through the CBC (Canadian). Awful announcers but palatable enuf.

Reaction Score
Nice win for our guys, watching France/Slovenia now... SLO is basically Luka and a bunch of farmers, I'm shocked they're hanging with France near halftime. Expect France to win this game by double digits.

Reaction Score
Nice win for our guys, watching France/Slovenia now... SLO is basically Luka and a bunch of farmers, I'm shocked they're hanging with France near halftime. Expect France to win this game by double digits.
Luka is the next big thing. Once Lebron retires in a few years the leauge is his for the taking, or Giannis. After those two it is a distant third for next best for the next decade starting in 2023 or so.

Reaction Score
I was able to watch on the NBC Sports App. Hopefully the championship game is on NBC and not some rinky dink channel like usa

Reaction Score
Last night USA and NBC were running THE EXACT SAME track & field coverage at the same time. Someone needs to be fired over that.

Reaction Score
Last night USA and NBC were running THE EXACT SAME track & field coverage at the same time. Someone needs to be fired over that.
USA has the full coverage of track and field for the "morning" session in Tokyo (nighttime USA). NBC primetime goes to that and then goes to other stuff depending on what they have to show from earlier and what of note is live. So yeah, sometimes (like for the important events/finals) they are both showing the same thing.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They really want you to get Peacock.
Understood, yet having the same exact thing on two networks is beyond goofy. IF they are going to do that then they should have commercials airing with instructions on how to subscribe to Peacock.

It was much better in the old days when you could subscribe to Olympics everything for $100 (seems like I remember doing this at a shared apartment in 90s?). I don't even know if that was possible this summer. I fully understand that the recurring subscription revenue is probably worth 10x value wise what even a million people paying $100 a pop is worth, but they have to understand that a certain % of the population is NEVER getting more subscriptions and another big percent is fed up and done adding new subscriptions. Together these total north of 50% of viewers making it nonsensical that they don't have better coverage and a plan for diversifying audience and airings.

Reaction Score
Been trying to watch some boxing and its a friggin nightmare. Awful coverage here in the states.
Several American men vying for Gold(Ragan lost his Gold medal fight) and NBC couldn't be bothered. Also, the app stinks, I missed the first round of Keyshawn Davis's last fight just waiting for the app to load and get passed commercials.

Reaction Score
Been trying to watch some boxing and its a friggin nightmare. Awful coverage here in the states.
NBC sports has been covering the 50k walk for the past 4 hours, not like they check in on it. That's been their entire coverage for the last 4 hours, 4 hours of men walking.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom